Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=194140
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lost a buddy yesterday
Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Subject: Lost a buddy yesterday
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 9:36am
Had to take that long walk to the rainbow bridge with my girl yesterday, her and her brother have been by my side everyday for the last 13 years, always considered myself pretty callused and hard at this age by life, but I laid there with her and cried like a baby as she went to sleep. Sitting here this morning with her litter mate brother as he hunts the house for her. Gonna be some hard days as we learn a new routine. At our house they are family.

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Replies:
Posted By: Joe Goodwill
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 9:54am
They are the truest of friends! I have wept over a good dog and horse also! Remember the good life you gave her and all she gave back!
🙏

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:34am
Our little Buddy is coming onto 16, he is getting more feeble and short minded every week, know his time is limited.  So sorry for your loss, have been to that bridge all too often.

Posted By: Darwin W. Kurtz
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:56am
Pets show unconditional love and are always there for you. Your spouse or the whole world for that matter can be down on you and your dog is still there by your side.   I know how hard it is to lose them

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:16pm
Joe I’m very sorry to read this.
I understand how hard it is.
After I lost Biscuit and then a couple years later Festus I’ve decided no more dogs for me. Biscuit was my girl

Posted By: mdm1
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:25pm
Sorry to hear. Had to do it a couple of times but I believe we owe it to them not to let them suffer. Tough thing and as said maybe that's why I no longer have a dog. Don't get any easier.

-------------
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:25pm
Joe, God Bless! Prayers for your loss! Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: Darb210
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:51pm
hardest decision I ever made was to put my buddy to rest, even though you know it's what needs to be done.  Hang in there & know you aren't alone.  

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:28pm
Sorry for your loss. Difficult times indeed

Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:44pm
Sorry for your loss Joe. Those fur babies really know how to grab your heart. We're here for you buddy.

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:35pm
Darn Joe, don't know what to say, my vision is quite blurred right now.

Just in the last year and a half it has been Midnight, Sox, Lucy, and finally Molley.

Hang in there brother.  I am not convinced at this time that I want or can go there again.

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:12pm
So sorry to hear of your loss Joe , they definitely become part of the family. 2 of the toughest things that I have had to do. Miss my Sasha and Rocky. It is a shame that they can't live as long as we do . Take care Joe

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:48am
  Hey JoeM, So very sorry about your loss, We ALL feel your pain in moments such ss these,,,MAY PEACE ALWAYS BE WITH YOU,,,,,,

Posted By: Herb(GA)
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:42am
From google; In 1789 King Frederick of Prussia once said "a dog is man's best friend". Herb(GA)

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:59am
Joe, sorry for your loss.  Time does heal wounds, but it still hurts to lose them.

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:47am
So sorry for your loss
Darrel

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 1:05pm
 Sorry for your loss, it's rough been and done that

Posted By: B26240
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 3:18pm
Joe I know the feeling of that long walk.

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:02pm
You have lost your friend! They become part of your family and life! I know as I have lost many dogs and cats over the years and it's never easy! But we have 2 now and they are part of our lives. I hope you can cherish the memory of your loss!

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 12:44am
Joe M., Sorry to hear the loss of your faithfull ol buddy. Hard to let go of them when the time comes.
  Maybe you need to get another puppy so the brother and you will have somebody to take her place... and not be so quiet.
 This one is already 2 1/2 years old. Man, time is going by fast.
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/Coco.jpg She certainly doesn't fit into my jacket anymore.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:38am
I too am sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet friend. I still well up in tears when I think of my past friends, you'll never get a replacement just like what you had, but you can get a replacement to take the hurt away somewhat and give you new joys and happyness's to give love to! 

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 7:46pm
One of the truest gifts from god is our ability to love things more fragile than ourselves. So sorry about your friend

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 7:30pm
Joe, so very to hear of your loss. You may be calloused but you have a kind and big heart. My screen is getting blurry as I type this. They are truly a part of our family and our heart. Praying for you, Buddy.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: captaindana
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 6:55am
Joe I know it’s really unbearable…and there’s nothing else to say really except how lucky we were for all those years to have shared our lives with them. That love shared will never be forgotten, and we are so fortunate to have had that.

-------------
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana

Posted By: allischalmerguy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:46pm
So sorry for your loss. I to balled like a baby when we had to put our
Sheltie down some years ago. It is very hard to do. Prayers

-------------
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,

Posted By: Dennis IL
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
Joe I'm sorry to hear this. It stings buddy it truly does. I have felt that sting and it reaches the soul. I'm going to send a prayer heavenward for comfort my friend. 

-------------
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Dennis IL Dennis IL wrote:

Joe I'm sorry to hear this. It stings buddy it truly does. I have felt that sting and it reaches the soul. I'm going to send a prayer heavenward for comfort my friend. 

Dennis! Holiest of cows, I haven’t seen you on here in what seems like years!

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Hi buddy! Yes it actually has been years. I was in a reminiscing mood the other day and decided to take a look over here and see what was going on. It appears a lot of the old crew is missing???? 

-------------

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Hi buddy! Yes it actually has been years. I was in a reminiscing mood the other day and decided to take a look over here and see what was going on. It appears a lot of the old crew is missing???? 

Well nice to see you, I sure miss your input.

Probably easier for you to notice than I, but yeah there’s several missing, some have passed, others simply more like you and quit participating for whatever reason.

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:45pm
Good to hear from you Dennis. Hope everything is going well for you and family. GodBless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 11:08pm
Hi Bob! how are you buddy! Doggone it's good to hear from you. I have thought about you over the years, and I think about our visit with a smile. God Bless you, my friend! 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net