Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=189054
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 6:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I’m going to sell off some tractors
Posted By: Thad in AR.
Subject: I’m going to sell off some tractors
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:44am
I have 4 in mind to sell as of now. I know it’s a bad time to sell but I don’t see the antique tractor market getting any better in the computer age.
(2) G’s a early WC and a WD45
Any advice on selling these.
The WC has had a ton of work done and ready for paint.
One G is a project with a busted block but comes with a good block.

Replies:
Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:13am
Best advice on the G is send it to the Hendrix farm in Fairmount GA and I'll send you a few thousand thank you's in return .

There was an equipment close by last weekend and some of the older tractors brought what I thought was good money. Some I thought went cheap. They sold 2 MF 135's. One diesel one gas. The diesel tractor ran, drove, stopped, had straight sheet metal, and about 60% left on the tires. The gas tractor had been WELL used. Had a few leaks, a wrinkled fender and about 30% tires. Both sold for $2,000. I hit the bid button on the diesel but was just in time to be to late. Then there was an F12 Farmall that was basically a parts tractor on steel wheels that brought $1750. I didn't see it but whatever. And, of course, everyone green went for more than it's worth.

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:24am
You better watch it Tyler. I’m gonna be in Cartersville GA next month.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:26am
If you're coming to Cartersville then you need to come by and see me. You'll just be about 30 miles south of here. Might as well load the G(s) and bring them along

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

If you're coming to Cartersville then you need to come by and see me. You'll just be about 30 miles south of here. Might as well load the G(s) and bring them along

Are you close to Kennesaw?

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:48pm
Kennesaw isn't far from either of us!

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

Kennesaw isn't far from either of us!

I believe that’s where we’re staying.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 7:33am
I'm about 40 miles or so north of Kennesaw and I believe Joe is around 40 or so north east of Kennesaw. If you guys have time and want to try to get together it would be great to see both of you.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 7:53am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

I'm about 40 miles or so north of Kennesaw and I believe Joe is around 40 or so north east of Kennesaw. If you guys have time and want to try to get together it would be great to see both of you.

Tyler I’m going to be with a few buddies. No girls allowed. I certainly hope we get together for a bit. I’ll do my best.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:07am

JEEEZE Guys,,,I'm envious for sure,,,,Wink It ain't hunting season yet,,,is it,,?? Dirt Track racing,,,??   UMMmmm Nascar racing,,,?? ,,,,,Aw Chit,,,it gotta be Talladega for sure,,,,?
 OK,,I give up,,,,,,LOL

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:26am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

JEEEZE Guys,,,I'm envious for sure,,,,Wink It ain't hunting season yet,,,is it,,?? Dirt Track racing,,,??   UMMmmm Nascar racing,,,?? ,,,,,Aw Chit,,,it gotta be Talladega for sure,,,,?
 OK,,I give up,,,,,,LOL

A reunion for some good ole boys.
A historical study trip.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:14am
If I remember correctly you're into the civil war stuff. You can visit Kennesaw MTN and Big Shanty while you're here

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:16pm
Yes that’s what we’re doing.
Gonna hit Shilo and Chattanooga on the way. Going to a civil war relic show on the way home.
You and Joe need to work on a place we can all meet up that’s central to you both.👍

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 3:28pm
When you go through Chattanooga your just a hop skip and jump from Chickamagua

-------------

Posted By: TMiller/NC
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:56pm
Chickamauga is a must for civil war enthusiast...if they still offer the guided driving tour of battle field, highly recommend it.  Lots of civil war history around Chattanooga.  Tim

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 6:28am
Yes Chickamauga is at the top of our list. Also hoping to stop at Shilo on the way but time might not allow on this trip.
We have to be at the reunion on Friday and Saturday but I don’t yet know the schedule of events. Hoping to make good use of those days as well.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net