Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=188663
Printed Date: 23 May 2024 at 4:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A bill for a bill?
Posted By: den/southern illinoi
Subject: A bill for a bill?
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 2:35pm
Buddy of mine says a company that provides his internet is going to bill him $3.00 to send him a paper bill in the mail.  As he said...not everyone wants to have direct withdrawal from their bank, etc.   Den 

-------------

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.

Replies:
Posted By: bemer848
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 3:09pm
My last phone and internet had a $3 extra charge on it for a paper statement. They find any way to charge a person more.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 3:19pm
OK... has ANYONE gotten a '$3' decrease on ANY of their bills by going 'paperless'..??

hello ???
 crickets  !!!!

nice scam, eh !!!

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: ac hunter
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 3:46pm
Have the same issue with our property insurance only they get me for $5.00 every quarter. Never saw where they would reduce the bill for paperless. Everyone sent bills for years and never charged extra for you to send them a check. Wonder who thought this one up.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 4:12pm
Our local electric company gives us a $5 monthly "customer Charge"..... Just because they can Censored

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:08pm
gas company here, it's $24 Canucks !!

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: iowallis
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:37pm
Our trash/sanitation service just sent a notice with the last bill that they are going to add an $8.00 "service fee" for a paper bill. We pay for the whole year at one time so it is one bill per year. I could see if we got a monthly bill but I doubt the 1 piece of paper, envelope, and postage cost $8.00.

As we like the paper bill for our records we decided to pay the $8.00. Guess we will see how long we will even have the option of a paper bill or the cost next year.

Posted By: DaveKamp
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 9:37pm
Next time you get your bill,   go to the bank, and tell them you want $$$ in pennies...

Then take all the pennies out of the wrappers, put them in a plastic bag, place that in a box, then ship the box to your ISP, along with the bill.Wink

-------------
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:52pm
Dave, I did that to Menard's one day had paid my bill in full or so I thought next month had a 3.72 charge on there.  Called them and told me that was accurate, so I got 372 went to Menard's to the customer and return counter handed them the bill and started taking out my pennies from both pockets.  Cashier got done counting and told me I was a penny short, so I told her to recount it.  She made a mistake by the time I was done there was quite a line behind me waiting for returns.. Oh well. 

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:28am
I seem to remember a farmer had some sort of issue with a company, or maybe it was a bank, where he wrote a check on the side of a hog and presented it for payment of a debt. Darned if I can remember the details, but I do remember the courts said it was legal!

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net