Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=185889
Printed Date: 06 May 2024 at 1:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A little nestalgia.
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Subject: A little nestalgia.
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:12pm
I found a picture, clipping from the local newspaper the other day. It's of my paternal Grandfather, sitting on his, (now mine) WD. This is in 1964, tractor was bought new in '52 so it was only 12 years old at the time. He's talking to a soil scientist about some pine trees that are on the farm. They were always there in my memory.Have gotten huge in the last 57 years. When I was young Dad would cut a small one for a Christmas tree.
You can't see the tractor real well but the seat, steering wheel, and hydraulic lever are in the shot.

Replies:
Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:34pm
That's pretty neat

-------------
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:44pm
That's awesome to have that picture, frameable.  The pine trees and apple trees happened here in MI quite some time back.  I don't know what the reason.  But that sure is a great picture.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:23pm
Thanks guys, I thought it was super-cool when I stumbled on it.

Posted By: REEDE
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:23pm
I will say that was a nice find.

Posted By: Kenny L.
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 7:24am
I agree with everyone that is neat and need to be frame and write on the back who is in the picture when my wife mom pass on so many of the pictures nobody know who was in the pictures so sad. 

Posted By: Lon(MN)
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:02am
Very nice. Not only the picture but you have the tractor. I have my Dad's WD he bought new and I am garbing all the pictures I can find.  Not many in the "Bought it new and still have it" category. Plus a great story to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

-------------
http://lonsallischalmers.com

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

I agree with everyone that is neat and need to be frame and write on the back who is in the picture when my wife mom pass on so many of the pictures nobody know who was in the pictures so sad. 

Kenny, great idea, I'll start looking for a frame.

Reed, Lon, thanks.

Posted By: Unit3
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:02pm
Mike, tomorrow I want you to go to your newspaper office. They may still have on file that picture or maybe a negative. You might be able to get the original one.

-------------
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Mike, tomorrow I want you to go to your newspaper office. They may still have on file that picture or maybe a negative. You might be able to get the original one.

Great idea, I'll check into it. Though maybe not today.

Posted By: Dan Hauter
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm
Cool!

Posted By: tractorboy
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm
nice picture! Are You still on the same farm ?

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by tractorboy tractorboy wrote:

nice picture! Are You still on the same farm ?

So far!

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 10:15pm
Now THAT is pretty cool......  Thumbs Up

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:39am
Mike,
 Thanks for posting. Brings back memories! A step back in time!
 Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:09am
That is awesome, for sure 😊
Darrel

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:44am
WOW Mike, the memories/memorabilia that you have and you're sharing them with the rest of the 'family'.  That is GREAT.
Wish I had our original CA.  We got it new and I cultivated one heck of a lot of corn with it.
For you guys that are going to do something like this, don't write on the piece itself.  Write on a separate piece of paper, so as to keep it original.  Also post it on an inside wall, you can't imagine the destruction the sun can do to those old newspaper articles.
You've got a piece of history Mike and you're enjoying it.  I LIKE THAT!!  I don't suppose you drink and drive on it?! LOL Big smile Clap

PS the beer here is REALLY COLD!! Confused

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:10pm
Ted, cold beer is really easy this time of year!! Keeping it from freezing is the challenge.

I haven't had a chance to drink and drive this particular tractor for a long time, kind of parked in, in the shed. Need to get her out this summer and take her for a drive. Those straight cut gears are music to my ears! WD Micha has the same trans but not near as loud.

My Grandad tried to wear out a two row cultivator with that tractor. it is currently mounted on said tractor.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 1:50pm
   My son got the AC CA that my father bought new and I mowed hay and wagons while the small round bales were being loaded, even done some plowing with it. I had the mower but he didn't want it so i sold it, he has the cultivators that he wants to sell. It has a Woods belly mower on it now that he uses.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net