Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=183565
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 1:32pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Concrete ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Concrete ??
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:00pm
Why is it that a concrete supplier can NOT supply the same "color' of material for multiple pours ?? Same company, same  mix and less than 3 hours apart  ??

Replies:
Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Why is it that a concrete supplier can NOT supply the same "color' of material for multiple pours ?? Same company, same  mix and less than 3 hours apart  ??
You voted Biden didn't you? Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:11pm
TRACY !!!

Killing Me Dead GIF - Killing Me Dead Lmao GIFs

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: den/southern illinoi
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:15pm
Our local ready mix company has 6 plants.  To get enough cement for all plants, they buy their cement from 2 companies.  The colors are not the same so they usually  batch each job from the same plant or at least from plants that use the same cement.  Den

-------------

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
How do you know it's not Biden

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by den/southern illinoi den/southern illinoi wrote:

Our local ready mix company has 6 plants.  To get enough cement for all plants, they buy their cement from 2 companies.  The colors are not the same so they usually  batch each job from the same plant or at least from plants that use the same cement.  Den

Thanks for a sensible reply Den, It's been like this for YEARS but this past week, the builder really pitched a bitch on a 45 yard driveway/garage approach on a $800,000 home and IMO, for good reason ConfusedCry !! 
I fail to see the relevance of Biden and concrete ConfusedConfused ??
Every one wants to make it POLITICAL EmbarrassedOuchWacko , LMAO !!!

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm
FG, if your pumpkin wasn't filled with jetcrete, you would know why those fellers are pick'n on you... but I will give you a hint... something about covid and askin where covid should go... And I say send it back to CHINA.  Okay maybe I jumped a few steps over to rationality. Wink

5 truckloads of concrete... Like Den said, sometimes the plants will bring in trucks from other plants and it won't look the same...  sometimes the same pour can look different in different spots just in how long it took to pour and who was doing the finishing... and if they had to add more water in between. 
 Was on a pour one time and the plant called and asked if they could run a full load out because another place was not ready to pour and would be in the truck to long. Since the job was not critical, we took the load and at that moment, color didn't mean anything specially when it lessened the cost. LOL

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: Jordan(OH)
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:20pm
One truck probably had to wait on the train.

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:00am
Wonder how it will look in a month?  

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:34am
It's been like this for YEARS but this past week, the builder...

If it happened more than ONCE.... The Contractor and the Supplier are  BOTH IDIOTS.

-------------

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:12pm
Freedguy, why don't you ask the Concrete Company? You obviously don't like some of the answers you get here!

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Concrete Grey White!!!

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:33pm

Trust me, the SAME Wink !! It will look the same in 15 years, I can verify that to this day ClapClap Clap !!

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

Freedguy, why don't you ask the Concrete Company? You obviously don't like some of the answers you get here!
I'm not the General Contractor, it was a "generic" question, and other than YOU, why are the answers I receive are "un-liked" in your opinion ???

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Freedguy you responded to T-bone that the concrete will look the same and you didn't ask the contractor. What response are you expecting?

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:11pm
why ? could be that the raw materials are different. Say the stone for the second batch comes from another quarry, or the cement form a different manufacturer.Maybe one of the additives was changed ??
Concrete might ,eventually ,change to  SIMILAR colour, but I wouldn't expect it to.
BIG THING when using stucco for a house, order at LEAST 2 extra 5G pails of it !!! There's no way you'll get the SAME colour a day later, let alone 5 years from now.
Car paint is terrible. even with 'computerz', no one get the match 100%, though some of the water borne stuf is kinda close.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 7:03am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Concrete Grey White!!!
That's what I'm a'thinkin'!

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:14pm
OK another concrete question ????????
When i was doing my Building Inspection classes one instructor said he always checked the counter on the truck to see how many revolutions the drum had made since truck was dispatched to jobsite . Any commercial project he inspected he was there for concrete pours and REJECTED loads with over a certain revolution count . 
  He told the driver to find some residential job to go to as the load was not allowed on the site .

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
We were pouring the base of a 300 ft chimney at a power plant.. Inspector took slump samples of EACH truck and also they had a log of how long concrete was in the truck since it left the plant.. Had to pass BOTH inspections or it was rejected...... Was coming from 3 different plant, about 150 loads in a certain amount of time... Dont think they were looking at the colors...Wink   Wink

-------------

Posted By: allisbred
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm
I know they check samples for yield strength once cured and I thought they checked temperature as well for government structural jobs? Neighbor told me about a time in Harrisburg Pa that they had to demo a bridge 21 loads after a bad batch was examined. Said he had 20min and only 5 min window from leaving the plant to job site to unload including batch inspection.

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 4:10pm
Watched a safety video when I worked for MDOT as they had a Construction Tech backed over by a Cement Truck when she was taking a Concrete slump reading.

Posted By: NEVER green
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:09am
  Portland colors are different colors from each supplier, around here some companys use granite and some river rock, the list is long.

-------------
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       

Posted By: CalvikJnso
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:02am
It all depends on how professional the employees in this company are. Now someone can say that the raw materials for concrete can be different, and this causes such problems. Still, it only depends on how correctly the master prepares the mixture for concrete. I've seen how professionals from https://www.concretecontractorsdallastx.com/" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:43am

Trust me, the SAME Wink !! It will look the same in 15 years, I can verify that to this day ClapClap Clap !!

You can verify the future can ya?
Well so can we.
We said your boy Biden would screw the economy and gas would go through the roof.
Our prediction has been verified yours has not.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:09pm
  At the rate things are going it's going to be ffirst come first served because my son's company uses 4 tanks of diesel fuel per month and is being told they will only be getting 1 tank full a month. 

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:31pm

I see no concrete evidence of a single answer to this question...Wink

I can set here and wait for an answer all night, but sleep will cure me of the problemWinkWink

There, we have a firm foundation for a pun-fest!WinkWinkWink

I hope this paves the way for more!WinkWinkWinkWink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:11pm
I'm trying to  form  an opinion of my own.  I'm not just some internet  trowel.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Posted By: DaveKamp
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:46pm
Well Chute... this just reinforces all the hard facts: I'm too pour to go on strike, too heavy to float the cost, and too much of a sinner to ever cast any stones...

-------------
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 11:01pm
One of the most common reasons for color variation, (aside from changes in aggregate source), is what ever residue might still be in the kettle from a previous pour.  When an archetectural deco mix is ordered with mixed-in dye, the following batch frequently shows evidence of stray pigment.  Sometimes that change in color is due to the addition of potash (or contamination from a prior load).  If it's in a high-safety circumstance, there's no reason not to reject it, as contract specifications are pretty clear.  A quality supplier will make absolute certain that the spec is met, as a failure of non-compliant concrete would place them directly in the path of liquidated damages, liability, and subrogation.  A good supplier wants it to your site RIGHT, which means all the proper admixtures, no contaminants, proper slump and temperature.

In structural circumstances, I personally always take a slump and temp measurement, as well as fill at least 4 sample cylinders, and then cast some leftovers into a 12x12x8" stepping stone for future reference.  In my non-structural, I cast some stepping stones so that I can observe the shrink/crack over long-term.  I do not get too caught up in color, but when someone is doing a decorative pour, they're certainly not in the wrong to desire a color match... but once it's down and hard, the only options are either to 1) knock it out and try again, or 2) apply a surface dye.   The problem is, that when concrete is fresh, it's 'green'... and the color does change, and it is basically impossible to prove WHAT the color change is, until after it's been down and solid for at least several months.

Quality control on concrete can become an extremely serious biz.  A bad batch, in the wrong place, can cause some very, very, very bad things to happen.  Our concrete pours (company) have test samples taken for cylinder break tests for 14, 21, and 28 days, and when we have a sample failure, there's a whole lot of remediation considered in order to make sure we don't experience those very bad things.

A pair of large bridges were recently built in my area, they have steel-reinforced concrete arches.  I don't care one iota about the color match of those arches... I just don't want them to ever fail.

-------------
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.

Posted By: Kenny L.
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

One of the most common reasons for color variation, (aside from changes in aggregate source), is what ever residue might still be in the kettle from a previous pour.  When an archetectural deco mix is ordered with mixed-in dye, the following batch frequently shows evidence of stray pigment.  Sometimes that change in color is due to the addition of potash (or contamination from a prior load).  If it's in a high-safety circumstance, there's no reason not to reject it, as contract specifications are pretty clear.  A quality supplier will make absolute certain that the spec is met, as a failure of non-compliant concrete would place them directly in the path of liquidated damages, liability, and subrogation.  A good supplier wants it to your site RIGHT, which means all the proper admixtures, no contaminants, proper slump and temperature.

In structural circumstances, I personally always take a slump and temp measurement, as well as fill at least 4 sample cylinders, and then cast some leftovers into a 12x12x8" stepping stone for future reference.  In my non-structural, I cast some stepping stones so that I can observe the shrink/crack over long-term.  I do not get too caught up in color, but when someone is doing a decorative pour, they're certainly not in the wrong to desire a color match... but once it's down and hard, the only options are either to 1) knock it out and try again, or 2) apply a surface dye.   The problem is, that when concrete is fresh, it's 'green'... and the color does change, and it is basically impossible to prove WHAT the color change is, until after it's been down and solid for at least several months.

Quality control on concrete can become an extremely serious biz.  A bad batch, in the wrong place, can cause some very, very, very bad things to happen.  Our concrete pours (company) have test samples taken for cylinder break tests for 14, 21, and 28 days, and when we have a sample failure, there's a whole lot of remediation considered in order to make sure we don't experience those very bad things.

A pair of large bridges were recently built in my area, they have steel-reinforced concrete arches.  I don't care one iota about the color match of those arches... I just don't want them to ever fail.

Dave, didn't you also have to do a air test every sample, I know the company I work for did but I can't remember if it was mandatory or not, the supervisor we had always had us over sampling everything just to be sure are asses where cover.
 Also how do you like doing the daily report for the project? I thought it was a lot of wasted time and a pain the ass. 

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:30pm
You could always do a 10% testing regime.  Like me with sending out puns, I sent 10 puns to a friend to see if I could make him laugh...  no pun in ten did...Wink

-------------

Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:16pm
Too much dry air tends to eggcelerate the drying time.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:30pm
Eggcellerate?  You're in the wrong thread.... that goes in the Chicken topic...

(but it's a good yolk... you should white them more often...)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:40pm
Gotta crack one every now and then.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

Dave, didn't you also have to do a air test every sample, I know the company I work for did but I can't remember if it was mandatory or not, the supervisor we had always had us over sampling everything just to be sure are asses where cover.
 Also how do you like doing the daily report for the project? I thought it was a lot of wasted time and a pain the ass. 

Fortunately, Kenny, I am not the guy that has to do formal tests, the people strapped to that duty are who I go to to pull records when there's a developing problem.  I do my slump and cylinders for my own projects, for my own reference, and the person who determines those requirements, and answers to any failures, is just me Wink  but yes, air-entrainment is a concern... like admixtures, application of air entrainment is critical to making certain concrete pours survive freeze-thaw... but to get an accurate measurement in a fresh batch, it really takes a pressure-vessel test, and that's not something I happen to have lying around.  I've got several microscopes, so I can cut a piece after-the-fact, and look at a cross-section, but by that time, it's too late.

The reports will be a PITA in many ways, but no worse than any other production under 100% quality assurance through statistical process control.

Most people don't 'get' the difference between 'quality control', and 'quality assurance'.

Quality control is when you use output data of a process, to control the input and process, to provide a production result that is not only the most consistent, but having the lowest failure rate.

Quality assurance, is when you check EACH component, and remove any components that failed, so that no matter WHAT goes out, the  ONLY thing going out, is 100% good.  While you're at it, take all the failed ones, send them back for forensic analysis, find out WHY they failed, follow it back to the Root Cause, and FIX THAT, so the Quality Control number improves.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 10:06pm

Fortunately, Kenny, I am not the guy that has to do formal tests, the people strapped to that duty are who I go to to pull records when there's a developing problem.  I do my slump and cylinders for my own projects, for my own reference, and the person who determines those requirements, and answers to any failures, is just me Wink  but yes, air-entrainment is a concern... like admixtures, application of air entrainment is critical to making certain concrete pours survive freeze-thaw... but to get an accurate measurement in a fresh batch, it really takes a pressure-vessel test, and that's not something I happen to have lying around.  I've got several microscopes, so I can cut a piece after-the-fact, and look at a cross-section, but by that time, it's too late.

The reports will be a PITA in many ways, but no worse than any other production under 100% quality assurance through statistical process control.

Most people don't 'get' the difference between 'quality control', and 'quality assurance'.

Quality control is when you use output data of a process, to control the input and process, to provide a production result that is not only the most consistent, but having the lowest failure rate.

Quality assurance, is when you check EACH component, and remove any components that failed, so that no matter WHAT goes out, the  ONLY thing going out, is 100% good.  While you're at it, take all the failed ones, send them back for forensic analysis, find out WHY they failed, follow it back to the Root Cause, and FIX THAT, so the Quality Control number improves.

I definitely know what you're talking about I was in the game for 27 years and was certified in Agg 1&2 concrete 1&2 and asphalt 1&2 about the only thing I couldn't do was job mixes but help on a lot of them, I done most of the proportionate material for concrete and asphalt yes I run a lot of sample each year, I covered from just out side of Mechanicsville to Montour just east of Marshalltown, had all of the Cedar Rapids area including the quarry on the north side of Robins and the one just west of Springville ,one up by Coggon, also one out by Vinton and one by Garrinson and one we call 4 county just south of the CR airport and three sand pits, The sand pit were just spot check because the plant man was certified also. I would also did a lot of asphalt testing when they were running out of Moscow quarry which is west of Wilton on 6. I remember when doing concrete or asphalt testing the day were long and on the go all the time and the guys that done the daily reports would still be their when I was walking out the door after getting all the test equipment clean up and the lab for the next day some day were 14 hrs and some long if I had to help cut cords in the mornings. I didn't do concrete test all that often just when someone need of or sick. I know with concrete you had to be around it to be good at it, I had to almost carry the book around with me. Thanks for letting rumbling on.         

Posted By: maresand
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:16pm
Sometimes I love reading topics like this one—people who ask stupid questions never stop doing that. You never thought about asking the concrete company about that? Sometimes they cannot make it because of issues with the concrete or the type of concrete work they are doing. When one concrete company was doing some https://www.maxima-aluminum.com" rel="nofollow - siding job at my summer house, it took 2 days to fill the necessary space with concrete. When I asked them why they didn't do this in one day, they answered that if they did that, it would be possible for concrete to be unstable during the incoming rains.

Posted By: firutaarnold
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:35am
I've heard stories many times that people poured concrete of different colors, although the interval between fills was no more than two hours. It can greatly spoil the appearance of someone's yard or garden. To my friend, the contractors made a terrible path in his cherry orchard. I never turn to migrant workers who don't have certificates that they are professional builders. At my house, the outer walls are lined with volcanic stone. I ordered https://www.honolulu-concrete.com/masonry.html" rel="nofollow - Lava Rock Wall because I know it looks stylish and cool compared to other ways to decorate the house's walls. When I contacted the construction company, I found out in advance that they have all the necessary certificates. Also, you always need to ask what kind of guarantee builders and contractors give, guys.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 5:28pm
I'd expect to see a greenish tint after some time when used in or near water = dam wall, and sich.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 5:56pm
Someone forgot to ask the company to batch all the ingredients from the same barge or rail car and to make sure it all came from the same kiln and from the same quarry and same depth . 
  Now if someone had been smart they would have added a color to the job order and poured it all the same tint . 
  It might have been bleach could have been needed or if the calcium chloride used to speed setting was from different batches . 
  You know one way it could have been solved is to add 100 pounds of SUGAR to each truckload . The results would be superb in getting all the pours equal ....

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Clay
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 6:01pm
Sugar?  or  Equal in the blue packets?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 6:10pm
I keep wondering about what one does with all the information one collects after asking a question . 
 Part of my building inspection Degree was a class on concrete and those credits were something I remember as part of the final was a presentation on Concrete . 
  I did a report on new bridges built in So St Paul MN across Mississippi River using post  tension sectional poured modules where each pier was built out to meet the other piers .
  Was last presentation of class and after the Professor asked me if he could keep all my slides and information to be used for future classes as no one else had ever did research or information on that type of construction.

-------------

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:06pm
We bought a house/home that built in 2094, it has a poured wall for the foundation/basement walls, it's all concrete gray. 

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 12:24am

I definitely know what you're talking about I was in the game for 27 years and was certified in Agg 1&2 concrete 1&2 and asphalt 1&2 about the only thing I couldn't do was job mixes but help on a lot of them, I done most of the proportionate material for concrete and asphalt yes I run a lot of sample each year, I covered from just out side of Mechanicsville to Montour just east of Marshalltown, had all of the Cedar Rapids area including the quarry on the north side of Robins and the one just west of Springville ,one up by Coggon, also one out by Vinton and one by Garrinson and one we call 4 county just south of the CR airport and three sand pits, The sand pit were just spot check because the plant man was certified also. I would also did a lot of asphalt testing when they were running out of Moscow quarry which is west of Wilton on 6. I remember when doing concrete or asphalt testing the day were long and on the go all the time and the guys that done the daily reports would still be their when I was walking out the door after getting all the test equipment clean up and the lab for the next day some day were 14 hrs and some long if I had to help cut cords in the mornings. I didn't do concrete test all that often just when someone need of or sick. I know with concrete you had to be around it to be good at it, I had to almost carry the book around with me. Thanks for

letting rumbling on.   

Kenny, 
did you ever use a NCAT?   I did a lot of repairs on those.     

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

We bought a house/home that built in 2094, it has a poured wall for the foundation/basement walls, it's all concrete gray. 

Dusty
2094, wow!  What's it like then?Wink

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Someone forgot to ask the company to batch all the ingredients from the same barge or rail car and to make sure it all came from the same kiln and from the same quarry and same depth . 
  Now if someone had been smart they would have added a color to the job order and poured it all the same tint . 
  It might have been bleach could have been needed or if the calcium chloride used to speed setting was from different batches . 
  You know one way it could have been solved is to add 100 pounds of SUGAR to each truckload . The results would be superb in getting all the pours equal ....

Local concrete company where I grew up used to throw two 50# sacks of Sugar in each truck, should the truck break down and the Pony driven mixer still be running to keep the batch from setting the drivers were instructed mix the sugar in the mix.  Would still set up but SOFT, could darn near to remove from the old mixers(7 or 8 yard) with a shovel.

Posted By: Gary
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:37am

Built in 2094 !

Was it built on the Moon or some other Terrestrial Planet ?

G

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:05am
I heard George Jetson was born on Sunday, so.......

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:55am
My mistake guys. 1994.
 Have a good time.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

My mistake guys. 1994.
 Have a good time.

Dusty
Didn't mean to pick on ya' Dusty, it's all good.  Try not to pick apart typo's much, but that was a funny one!

Hope all is well with you.  I never did get to stop by on the way to K'zoo..

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

I definitely know what you're talking about I was in the game for 27 years and was certified in Agg 1&2 concrete 1&2 and asphalt 1&2 about the only thing I couldn't do was job mixes but help on a lot of them, I done most of the proportionate material for concrete and asphalt yes I run a lot of sample each year, I covered from just out side of Mechanicsville to Montour just east of Marshalltown, had all of the Cedar Rapids area including the quarry on the north side of Robins and the one just west of Springville ,one up by Coggon, also one out by Vinton and one by Garrinson and one we call 4 county just south of the CR airport and three sand pits, The sand pit were just spot check because the plant man was certified also. I would also did a lot of asphalt testing when they were running out of Moscow quarry which is west of Wilton on 6. I remember when doing concrete or asphalt testing the day were long and on the go all the time and the guys that done the daily reports would still be their when I was walking out the door after getting all the test equipment clean up and the lab for the next day some day were 14 hrs and some long if I had to help cut cords in the mornings. I didn't do concrete test all that often just when someone need of or sick. I know with concrete you had to be around it to be good at it, I had to almost carry the book around with me. Thanks for

letting rumbling on.   

Kenny, 
did you ever use a NCAT?   I did a lot of repairs on those.     
Lew I can't remember the name on the test equipment, I'm lucky if I can remember yesterday, the only thing golden about old age is your pee.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 6:09pm
What the heck happened to the original poster of this, ole Freebie?  He seems to have gone radio silent...

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:34pm
He ran out of stupid questions to ask ??? ................ NAH ! Wink

-------------

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:10pm
We ain’t seen hide nor hair of Free base for some time.
Maybe the wife took his toy away from him.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 6:54am
His old Ford finally ate him

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 8:32am
He got stopped at the train tracks of one of them REALLY REALLY LONG TRAINS... Been setting there for 5 weeks !  Wink

Hope he had a fish sammich with him .

-------------

Posted By: Dirt Farmer
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:06am
Perhaps he grabbed the wrong bottle, drank the blue fluid and poured the brown bottle in the oval and too ashamed to admit it. Sounds fishy to me

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 5:02pm
I think he is moving to Washington... I heard Biden gave him a job as the Head of the Dept of Healthy Fast Food specializing in Hamburgers and Chocolate Shakes.. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 5:24pm
Fart czar?  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:57pm
I gotta admit, he was entertaining. Did he pizz off the Mod?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:02am
AH only ONE INDIVIDUAL so far seems to know about Sugar .
Fantastic add for cleaning tools when done or for that emergency use if .
instructor for one class was Building Inspector for suburb city to MPLS . said he kicked a couple contractors off the jobs when he found sugar hidden near pour site , not in cleanup area .

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:20am
How much information is in poured concrete after cure ?
Class toured both a batch plant and then a testing lab for concrete . 
At test lab there was a concrete block about 1 ft in length and 2 ft wide and 2 ft depth 
Rough surface outside - 2 holes in block (kind or round shape)
 Lag tech gave info on it - was from Las Vegas area desert , holes were where legs of individual were encased after burial in desert , concrete block was cutoff of full grave site slab . 
  Lab work determined the brand of cement mix , batch date , wholesale supplier , then checking for supplier records of large sale of bagged mixes during certain dates , traced to purchaser . Murder Solved - person arrested , convicted , and lab kept a sample of the evidence .
  Seems someone killed someone , then buried them in desert but encased in concrete so as to not be dug up by some animals . Forensic information of cured concrete let to the purchaser and the date of sale from local hardware store based on volume and material content of components ...
  That concrete trophy setting in that lab, where the holes use to hold a set of legs --creepy at least . 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

I gotta admit, he was entertaining. Did he pizz off the Mod?

Don't have a clue as to what happened.  Don't care much.  Maybe it was burnout, maybe something else. Too bad, he used to rail at all the guys with over 20K posts, yet never made it much past 4.5 K!  A bit of irony, to chuckle at...Wink

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net