Forum Description: For sale or wanted items
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=183059
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: F/S: Relined Brake Bands/Brake Shoes
Posted By: Rick
Subject: F/S: Relined Brake Bands/Brake Shoes
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:59am
Just a heads up...I no longer reman. clutch units at all, but WILL continue to reline brake bands and brake shoes for a long time yet. So...anyone needing their brakes relined, please keep me in mind. I have what I think are pretty good prices on relining them and I only use the good quality material. NO...I do NOT sell the material alone, sorry. I buy it in a roll and and make it all from scratch. No disappointments yet and thrive to keep it that way. I can be reached here on the site...on Facebook or you can call me at: 314-488-9224. Thanks for your time and hope to do some brakes now!   Rick

Replies:
Posted By: Gary(WI)
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:55am
Well that sucks I have an A clutch I need done sometime 

Posted By: Tom IA
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:23am
yes I was about to send you a B clutch

Posted By: sparky
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
What happened to the clutch reman business?

-------------
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
Guys...All I can say is that I'm not messing with them any more...tired of all the crap...it's a long story and I'll leave it there. There are other places to take them or send them to. As for people saying they were ready to send a clutch to me, etc....I was still waiting on several people to send them in for the past two years, so...yeah...some of you might have been ready, the rest...not so much. I do know that it's over for me...50 years is enough anyway...Rick

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:17pm
Dont blame you Rick- it was always great doing business with you ! 

Posted By: sparky
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:39pm
Same here and fair enough.

-------------
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!

Posted By: Lon(MN)
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 6:32am
Sorry to hear you went out on a sad note. Seems folks want it now and depend on their phone to get it now. Cost seems not important. I have a pile of clutch cores that I put aside if we met sometime. That pile can go away now.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:59am
Thanks, Lon...I appreciate that...I still have lots of cores here, too and I hate to scrap them, so I'll try to sell them, I guess...at least get some of my money back. It really wasn't anyone's fault that I deal with public wise, but more the ones I worked with...they had their ideas and I had mine, so I just let it go...just going to do the brake part of things, because I do them here at home...thanks for thinking of me on the cores though...Rick

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 3:19am
BTT...

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:47am
uploads/278/073119_1.JPG" rel="nofollow">uploads/278/073119_1.JPG

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 4:05am
BTT...

Posted By: Codger
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:06am
Hi Rick;

Can you do antique heavy truck brake shoes also? Most of these are the bolted lining types.

Thanks,

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 7:09pm

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 3:57am
How does a person delete his own post? Can't seem to do that here any more, unless I'm missing something...??? I'm trying to shorten it up some...you know, take out all of the "bumps to the top"? Thanks for any help...Rick

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2022 at 10:02am
You can only DELETE the post before someone ELSE posts after you.... You can go back and MODIFY a post, but not DELETE an old post.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 12:15pm
BTT...

Posted By: rasman57
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 3:48am
Rick, received the D-14 shoes you just completed for me and they look great!   Appreciate the great service over the years.     

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 4:19am
Thanks, Ralph...I appreciate your business!!!   Rick

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:03pm
BTT...Smile

Posted By: doctorcorey
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:36am
Hope you enjoy your 'retirement' . I, too, have been working on machines for 50+ years. Smile Rick (or anyone else reading this) , who else relines clutches (HD6) in the Midwest? Most of the ones I call in KC are long gone......

-------------
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 10:46am
Corey...Try Mid America Clutch Co. in Evansville, IN....Fort Wayne Clutch in Fort Wayne, IN....Ag Parts, LTD. in Humboldt, IA...Any one of those should be able to help you...

Posted By: doctorcorey
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

Corey...Try Mid America Clutch Co. in Evansville, IN....Fort Wayne Clutch in Fort Wayne, IN....Ag Parts, LTD. in Humboldt, IA...Any one of those should be able to help you...
I called the Mid-America Clutch......they said, 'box it up, send it to us, we will reline it, it will take a couple of days, and cost less than a new disc'. I said, 'OK'. Thanks for the tip!Smile

-------------
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel

Posted By: Mikez
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:53am
Sorry to hijack post. Do you know of any clutch guys up in the northeast. Or is that mid-American clutch the place.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 6:58am
Also...as a side note...I started relining the wench brake bands for the skidders they use for logging...message me if you're in need of having some of them done...Rick

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 2:02pm
BTT...

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:41am
Rick;

I have a set of brake bands needing relined that are riveted from an older Cat 977H series dozer. Can you do these? I'll swing it that way if you can. 

-------------
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:16am
Rob...Good morning! Yes, I can do them, not a problem. What thickness material goes on those...3/8"?  Please send to: Rick Corder---209 Hill Lane---Jonesburg, MO. 63351 via UPS and that'll get them here quicker, but I'll be shipping them back via USPS, since I don't have an account with UPS...Thanks, Rick

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:38am
Thanks Rick; we have one steering clutch out as of yesterday and will get the other hopefully in the middle of next week. This one needs new lining and I assume the other side will also. I'll get them to you shortly.

Thanks,

-------------
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 8:27am
Thanks, Rob!

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 10:02am
Hopefully getting a start on the other side this afternoon, or tomorrow. Everything looks good on the rt. side except the release bearing became discombobulated when the race fractured..... 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 11:38pm
BTT...

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 11:46pm
uploads/278/362096623_4261891737370111_3752563222797790146_n_1.jpg" rel="nofollow - uploads/278/362096623_4261891737370111_3752563222797790146_n_1.jpg

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 11:50pm
Sorry about the small pic, but can't seem to get it enlarged no matter what I do and I'm not the best surfer out there either! LOL! This is a picture of the skidder wench band that I started relining...just wanted to make mention of it and thanks!   Rick

Posted By: Tom75
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 10:01pm
Rick, I’m sad to hear you are no longer in the clutch business.    I lost your info and posted on here to try and find you.   I bought a clutch for a WD and it was absolutely perfect!

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

Sorry about the small pic, but can't seem to get it enlarged no matter what I do and I'm not the best surfer out there either! LOL! This is a picture of the skidder wench band that I started relining...just wanted to make mention of it and thanks!   Rick

Rick;

Do you have a way to make a band for a mechanical winch drum? I have both Braden, and Tulsa but neither have the brake bands with them. If not I'll start the look for a core to reline.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 11:49pm
Rob...Sorry, but I have no way to fab one...a core would be nice...Thanks!

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 6:47am
[QUOTE=Rick]Rob...Sorry, but I have no way to fab one...a core would be nice...Thanks![/QUOTE

Thanks Rick;

I think I know where there is a core/band available for the Tulsa, and I'll look to get it acquired.

Sent an email for measurements prior to having it shipped up here. Should know back later yet today.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net