Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=179808
Printed Date: 02 May 2024 at 12:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trash Screen Hernia Repair
Posted By: Mactractor
Subject: Trash Screen Hernia Repair
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:39pm
Anyone had the mesh inserted in their gut?

Replies:
Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:50pm
Yup, last august, I popped open right where I had surgery in 2016. Nothing to it really except not being able to lift over 20 pounds for a month.

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 7:37pm
Oh boy that was fun.  LOL
Took me a year to fully recover.

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:15pm
I had it done twice. One on each side of my junk. So far it's holding together. My buddies call it vaginal mesh, A holes.LOL

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Posted By: NEVER green
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm

Have it on my side and in the belly button.

-------------
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
had a window screen put in back in the 70's, still holding good!

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:57am
Did it in end of January of last year, I feels it from time to time... got 3 holes poked, left right and one right over the bellie button, now looks like  double button. An the old appendix scar from 53 years ago turned deep purple for a long time.  Musta made me look like a balloon.
 One thing that  surprised me was they never checked to see if the body would be allergic to the mesh.
   Good Luck.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: allisorange
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:33am
Had it done 25 years ago and it bothers me now and then. been to
Doctor and he says everything is good.

J Carlson

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:55am
Yep, 1996.  Every once in a while there's a little pain.  I have lifted and strained mightily many times over the years, still holding.

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:19am
I had one three years ago no problems with it except every now and then a little burning sensation.  Doc says that is normal.

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:04pm
If you don't feel good, there is a class action lawsuit for it.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm
It feels a whole lot better than the hernia did!

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 3:29pm
Had it done in 2006 - and it still bothers me , itch , then kind of ache but a feeling like something is bunched up in area , also some numbness in hip joint and inside of leg near hip . 
 Been back to 2 surgeons , one said he could prescribe meds to make feelings go away but would need to take for life if started . 
 Other suggested having ultrasound treatments , tried them and realized  only thing it was doing is making my wallet thinner and paying for someone elses vacation fund as they did nothing for me.
 3 regular MD's I have seen for other things and then asked about the problem said they were unsure but everything looked OK and no signs of outward problems . one told me the mesh they used was not one of the ones recalled . 
 So feel it every day and many times at night as right leg in groin and hip feels cramped or numb and itchy . 
 Tried Blue Emu salve and did nothing , find if I ride my motorcycle my right leg will cramp in hip area after a hour or so and need to stand up and shake leg to get feeling back - if i stop and put weight on that leg it will not support me and the bike .
 Lady Surgeon who did the work - moved to North Carolina about 6 months after she put the mesh in - the kind of itch and odd feeling has been there since a day or so after the stuff was put in . 
 Every DOT physical have asked and they check area but say it's no problem and a neat sewing job outside , and can't see any problem . 
 Ya wonder if should of just kept using a truss and pushing it back when it popped out but why I had the surgery was one day it popped and could not get it back , wife took me to Emergency Room , doc tried to put it back - no go , then put me out with a IV - wife said she never heard me scream and call someone names like I did as doctor pushed everything back - (I don't remember any of that ) He tried 3 or 4 times before he got thing arranged right and told her he was about to call surgeon for emergency but went in last try , 3 days later had the surgery - in and out in same day 6AM in and home by noon. And then everything wore off and a day of sleep 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm
I'm getting squeamish just reading these posts! Darrel

Posted By: Mactractor
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:43pm
You waitin on hernia surgery Darrel?

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
Nearly all hernia are done with mesh. A real old timer surgeon will still on occasion just oversee an inguinal hernia. Better question are they doing it open with a two inch incision or some straight out residency kid who can't even wipe is own backside without a camera (laparoscopy). Takes twice as long and they have to fill your belly with carbon dioxide.

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:41pm
There are some procedures that technology has really improved. Heart surgery is a big one. But some routine procedures the new technology just makes it more complicated

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
Had a double repair done about 15 years ago. No problems but try not to sneeze the first week after. That hurt!

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Mactractor Mactractor wrote:

You waitin on hernia surgery Darrel?

NOPE!!!
Darrel

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
awww http://www....Darrel....i" rel="nofollow - www....Darrel....i 'll go with ya and hold your hand! but you gotta wears a mask!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net