Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=179644
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: It's Going To Be A LOOOOONG Summer
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: It's Going To Be A LOOOOONG Summer
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:29pm
For the first time in my driving career, I had to brake/swerve to my right as a HEAD Harley rider that weighed more than the bike an was at a MINIMUM 68 years old( I got a GOOD look at him as I honked and "waved" Ouch) as he cut the poor guy off that he was passing, who ALSO swerved to HIS right to avoid catastrophe CryCry. Age has no limits to retardation on the road I guess Confused.

Replies:
Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:39pm
YOU are defined by your own wording.  So now ALL Harley riders are CensoredHEADS, no slight Discrimination there just A LOT.  Why were you not paying attention further OUT, your vehicle equipped with Daytime Running Lights?  

What Road, conditions, YOUR Speed?  Put the situation in Context and maybe you will not appear as a Retard.

Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:50pm
Broad daylight,45 MPH 2 lane black topped road, 2,000 feet from a T intersection that I was approaching AND coasting to and ASSHOLE couldn't wait another 200 feet to air out his undies ??!! You must ride one ??? 

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:57pm
Little bitty cars are the ones i watch out for !!  Always cutting in and out of traffic.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: ZachD89
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:34pm
Did I hear some hate and rage??    I thought you were better than that LOL

-------------
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
Had a dumptruck  cut me off last year as I was hauling a trailer full of antiques...
same nationality as the drunk 4ners that shutdown the Burlington Skyway Bridge and QEW for days a few years back.....
BTW HDs do NOT have to have mufflers  up here to be road legal....

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: JTOOL
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:50pm
Is this just a Michigan thing? Hand to God, in my 30+ years of driving I don't recall any problems with motorcycle riders. None.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:32am
Myself either jtool
And Yes I ride a Harley
I do not ride erratically nor do I attempt crazy passing situations,
HOWEVER
I have had azzholes speed up as I passed seemingly attempting to get myself and wife killed
Have had first hand road rage by Small Car drivers being sarcastic for their own poor capabilities
Have had the geek morons ‘coasting up to intersections’ cut me off at the last second as they do NOT pay attention.

Ask any trooper, state patrol, general highways police officer and they will all state 70-90% of motorcycle accidents were caused by autos drivers around them NOT the bikes or bikers.

Posted By: truckerfarmer
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:12am
This is just Freedgas's annual rant about motorcycles. He obviously doesn't like them.

-------------
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:14am
He does know how to win friends and influence people doesn't he.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:27am
Got that right Tom! Last time he went off on motorcycles, he had a new rant about something different everyday for about a week.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:34am
BUTT, BUTT, BUTT................................Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

-------------

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:07am
Oh goodie goodie!

Yes, it would appear that it’s going to be a long summer again!

Posted By: weiner43
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
99.9% of motorcyclist are lawbiding operators.   I have rode one for 56 years and not one mishap, not ever a ticket. Now that other 0.1% are numbskulls usually in the teen bracket on crotch rockets that try to impress by doing wheelies when passing, passing between cars, you get the drift. The 0.1% that make the rest of us look bad.

-------------
God bless our troops and the United States of America.

Pick your rut well, you may be in it a long time.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:11am
X-2 on Wieners post! I never had any problems with the bikers on the road! --- BUT bicycles AND MICRO CARS------- well we wont start that one!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

For the first time in my driving career, I had to brake/swerve to my right as a HEAD Harley rider that weighed more than the bike an was at a MINIMUM 68 years old( I got a GOOD look at him as I honked and "waved" Ouch) as he cut the poor guy off that he was passing, who ALSO swerved to HIS right to avoid catastrophe CryCry. Age has no limits to retardation on the road I guess Confused.

Same fear as with spiders, monkeys and clowns.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:46pm
  Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up   

-------------

Posted By: NEVER green
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Same fear as with spiders, monkeys and clowns.

I see he's got a thing against old people as well.

-------------
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:45pm
Not all old people,, he's in love with Joe Biden

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:03pm
I've had a few encounters with bikes.  A couple times they didn't have their lights on.  They can be hard enough to see and with no lights it's even worse.  The other times were the 1% crotch rockets.  I lost a real good friend, he was the bike rider.  A car turned in front of him, he laid it down.  He slid quite aways before another car ran over his head.  I still think about him often.  I'm gonna go 50/50 on who's at fault, especially with these new riders that never road before buying a big ass bike.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:30pm
There's not too many people on here that fredgay hasn't pizzed off at one time or another. It seems as if he's just trying to get his post count up higher than anyone else's. Most of his posts are one to take with a grain of salt for sure. He reminds me of a guy from NY that used to be on here.

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:50pm
I drive a truck as a Part Time excursion from retirement, today, Yesterday and a day last week hauled Type 5 Base to a Highway upgrade project, requires getting off the Highway(INTERSTATE) on the Inside Median, unload rock then re-enter the highway with minimal roll space. 

The IDIOTS in 4 wheel machines pass the signage that STATES CLEARLY, Trucks entering and leaving Highway, SLOW Moving machines ahead, MEDIAN Work being performed with marking cones, a Decreased Speed Limit, Etc Etc Etc and they still fly thru the zone, STILL get pissy as we the drivers SLOW DOWN to exit the roadway with our four way flashers ON as they are blowing horns, flashing lights, giving the finger, IDIOTS in Semis are near as bad taking the 'Hammer' or 'Monfort' lane as they barrel DOWN a HILL approaching the work site IN A SPEED RESTRICTED ZONE and HIGHLY VISIBLE from a distance(Mineola MO Loutre River Bridge upgrade).  MoSHP is overwhelmed already and can only spare a trooper now and then so we fend for ourselves.

I have MORE Disdain, Disregard and DISGUST with the current batch of "WORTHLESS Drivers" on four to eighteen wheels than I will ever have for a Brother Biker.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:28pm
Yes, it is gonna be a loooonnngggg summer if we have to listen to Freedgas whine about something different every other day.

-------------

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 5:49am
Can be funny, to watch, though!Wink

https://youtu.be/tY-wsyZWoE4" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/tY-wsyZWoE4

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:48pm
i have seen bad drivers and bad riders but the riders have the lions share of the risk.

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:16pm
On average, there are 6 million car accidents in the U.S. every year. That's roughly 16,438 per day. Of these crashes, 22,471 caused only property damage. Over 37,000 Americans die in automobile crashes per year.Feb 24, 2021

Accident Rates

The  https://www.nhtsa.gov/" rel="nofollow - NHTSA  reports that 13 cars out of every 100,000 are involved in a fatal accident, but motorcycles have a fatality rate of 72 per 100,000. Motorcyclists are also at a greater risk of a fatal accident per mile traveled. For every mile traveled, motorcyclists have a risk of a fatal accident that is 35 times higher than a car driver. In 2004, there were 37,304 people in cars killed in traffic accidents in the United States. That same year, 4,008 motorcyclists were killed on U.S. roads.

-------------

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:29am
i don't dislike the motorcycles, i just hope and pray i can see them before something bad might happen! driving with their headlights works well, but not all riders have them on. ya'll stay safe out there!

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:53am
Been riding since I was 12 started on dirt, moved to road at 18 when could get a Cycle endorsement on driver license, have had accidents but also look for those that are NOT looking while driving. Been pulled in front of by approaching cars turning left, had people driving cars tailgate as if not even there and as would move lanes they would move staying right there behind me unconcerned of what they were doing.
Lost a few friends along the roads as they were stopped and a car or light truck Drove Over Them, one was feet down behind a dump truck at a Red light, car driver stated “he stopped suddenly and he had no place to go but hit him” had made NO attempt to hit the brakes and crushed the bike into the rear of the Stopped truck.
Have to place into context deaths or injuries on bikes, there is NO steel cage surrounding one as in a car, no place for air bags or restraint belts where car and truck drivers that run thru them are distracted to adjusting radio, diddling with something in the seat, speaking to someone else seated in their machine, whatever
So 72 out of 1000 is few if consider the amount of defensive operating going on. One out of 1000 does something foolish in front of Freegas and they are all bad, so I can use the same premise against Freegas being a distracted car driver as that is just as easily and accurately ascribed.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:35am
If I remember right, FG was bragging/laughing about causing a bicyclist to crash awhile back

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: modirt
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:28am
To paraphrase golfer Lee Trevino, its not the arrow, it's the Indian.

Made a 300 mile round trip run to KCI yesterday.....steady rain the whole way. Safe speed was max of 70 mph. Got passed by plenty of drivers doing 90 plus. If you were in their way, would get inside 10 feet on your bumper......from which they could see nothing but road spray till you got out of their way (tailgating at 70 mph is a dead man's folly).

At one point, looked back and young man in a red car was weaving in and out of traffic. Got impatient and eventually passed 3 cars on a long entrance ramp, and when he pulled back into traffic, cut somebody off to then cut across two lanes of traffic to get past a couple more cars. Eventually got boxed in behind and beside a pair of trucks. All his antics gained him 10 seconds on me over the course of 3 or 4 miles.

Driving in any urban setting has now become a NASCAR event. Not uncommon for folks to drive at least 30 mph over any posted speed limit......and tailgate anybody else who doesn't. Don't wish any of them harm, but when they die or get seriously injured, they get what they deserve.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:04am
Yes sir,they ain't driving them anymore they are aiming them

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

To paraphrase golfer Lee Trevino, its not the arrow, it's the Indian.

Made a 300 mile round trip run to KCI yesterday.....steady rain the whole way. Safe speed was max of 70 mph. Got passed by plenty of drivers doing 90 plus. If you were in their way, would get inside 10 feet on your bumper......from which they could see nothing but road spray till you got out of their way (tailgating at 70 mph is a dead man's folly).

At one point, looked back and young man in a red car was weaving in and out of traffic. Got impatient and eventually passed 3 cars on a long entrance ramp, and when he pulled back into traffic, cut somebody off to then cut across two lanes of traffic to get past a couple more cars. Eventually got boxed in behind and beside a pair of trucks. All his antics gained him 10 seconds on me over the course of 3 or 4 miles.

Driving in any urban setting has now become a NASCAR event. Not uncommon for folks to drive at least 30 mph over any posted speed limit......and tailgate anybody else who doesn't. Don't wish any of them harm, but when they die or get seriously injured, they get what they deserve.

Gees Mo, you were in the midst of a mass suicide attempt, that’s all.

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:57pm
Thats the way they drive around here too -----INSANE!!!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net