Topic: Rock Auto
Posted By: Lon(MN)
Subject: Rock Auto
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:21am
Would Rock Auto be a source for gaskets? WD tractor 

Replies:
Posted By: Mfam8
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
hs7514s is the fel pro number for the g201 head set. They do show QOH of 1, at $40.79 -however this same exact head set is available at autozone for $42.49 on a 1 day order as well, with no shipping cost. Much simpler that way, and for 2 bucks..id just go to the parts store

Posted By: dawntreader74
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
got a set at NAPA; auto parts last week all worked well.

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:23pm
"Rock auto" not rock tractor....not in their listing.

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:46am
My experience with Rock Auto is a lot like most of the auto parts chains (at least in our area). If they can't look a part up solely by application (i.e. 1999 Ford F-250 XLT with engine), they have no idea how to find it. 

I have much better luck going to a regular auto parts store or even cross referencing parts on the internet.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
If you have the part number they actually do, Steve.  You go to the home screen, and above the little flags, just to the right..use "part number search" Type in HS7514s- VOILA!

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:03am
The part number trick does work. I was hoping to find more part numbers that work. I have found a few parts form this "Auto" store that fit on my "Tractor". Parts are hard to find, so I look at many possible sources. Thanks for the input.Smile

Posted By: Gary
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:10am

If you try the Allis P/N on Ebay or Amazon, sometimes it gives you a cross-reference number.

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:45am
Here's a funny story. I had a rearend axle bearing starting to growl in the back of my 29 pickup. I used an 8" Ford rear out of a Maverick. (fits perfect under a Model A) Sooo, I figured I'd better just bring the whole axle in with the bearing so I have somethin' for show n' tell just in case there's a problem. Well, the problem I was figuring was that they won't have the bearing for a 77 Maverick rear. When I put the axle up on the counter, I said to the young lad behind the counter, "I need an axle bearing for a 77' Maverick". I knew I was in trouble when he had that deer in the Headlights look. He said "I'm sorry sir, who makes a Maverick?" Just at that time an older gent like myself comes out of one of the aisles and yells at the young lad "Ford makes the Maverick"!! I young lad turned and looked at the old gent and said. "Geeeez, I didn't know", "that was before my time". I looked at that young feller and said "son ya make me feel old".  They actually did have the bearing in stock so I was good to go...
Steve@B&B

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
Take a look here Lon.....
Yes, we do offer gaskets for Allis-Chambers. Here’s a link to our engine parts search. - https://drivcat.com/engine.aspx" rel="nofollow - "Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: Fred in Pa
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:56am
Well Steve these days you have to tell them every little detail ,or do 1/2 their job for them by giving them a part  # so they can see if they have a part .

-------------
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:24am
Just call someplace like Sandy Lake Implement and talk to a knowledgeable counter person like Brenda Thumbs Up and quit wasting your time with those dumba$$es that couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel. What you need will be at your door in a day or so, without the aggravation of hearing "That's not in the computer" Thumbs Down or "We can order it" Wacko 

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:53am
Thanks for the replies. A little back ground about me. I stock many items so they are available for folks in the area. My current supplier has a gasket back ordered and need to get some on the shelf. Hard for me to buy something for $15 and sell it for $12. I shop so others don't have to. 

Posted By: polarbear
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:58pm
AGCO dealer

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Lon, If you're interested..I can forward you the Mahle master catalog for all allis engines...everything from the u to D3750 MKII engines. Mahle part numbers are the same as Victor, and Victor numbers cross well to fel Pro. Victor Reinz are widely available also. I'm glad the part # trick worked for you, its fairly simple..and nothing any different than you have to do at the dealer nowadays when dealing on the old engines. BTW..Mahle master catalog lists, gaskets, valves, cylinder liners, valve seats..all kinds of parts. It's invaluable as far as I am concerned!!

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:58am
That would be great if you could forward that file. lselkriver@gmail.com is the email.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net