Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=176314
Printed Date: 08 May 2024 at 3:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: from the grill
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: from the grill
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:43am
Thanksgiving dinner was a apple wood smoked ribeye roast, apricot casiroll, and dinner rolls with honey butter. the ribeyes came out fantastic as was everything else! what did ya'll have? 

Replies:
Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 6:29am
Man that sounds good. Anytime of year. We settled for traditional but just the 2 of us this year 3 of the kids have/had COVID

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:12am
Could have went to the home of a sibling but stayed here at church with a turkey and 'stuff' dinner prepared by a parishioner who is head of a nursing home... that means I ate healthy instead of my own cooking.

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: bikley
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:22am
Had a big old bowl of spaghetti after selling all those turkeys got tired of them 

Posted By: ac hunter
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:12am
Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn and the main course, pumpkin pie.

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:20am
Toasted cheese sandwich. Wife and I were installing a new microwave oven above the electric stove.
What a job that was. I even dropped a 2x10x42 board and mashed the tip of my big toe on my left foot.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:24am
Smoked turkey, and it was awesome.  Sweet taters, broccoli cheese casserole, mashed taters, dinner rolls with melted butter and cheese.  Since there was only the two of us we stopped there.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:28am
U's guys is mak'n me hungry...

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:04pm
  Well,,,I ain't agonna say nuttin bad bout our governess,and since we was only 4 of us here,,,why thas was all Ok,,and law abiden,,,get it,,,??LOL
 Anyway,,since I AM the chief cook, my youngest Son and I split up the chores. I fixed the turkey, the fruit salad and the dressing. Jamie done the mashed taters, the creamed peas, and the gravy from the turkey juices. It was all nice. Them smoked Rib eyes sure sound good, tho,,!!Wink
 Say,,,while we talkin bout cookin,,the dressing I made was accordin to the directions on the box,,Mrs Cubbins Corn Bread Style,,but last year AND this year too it looked great while cookin in the oven but while some squishy when I pulled it out of oven,,,right after that it kinda "set up" and dried up too much for my liking. Done that last year too. Wonder why it doing like that??

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 1:24pm
Apple Smoked Turkey, mashed pators, dressing & Corn cassrol and peach cobbler dessert.
Was all great, smoked turkey the day before and reheated it and the flavor was great.

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:27pm
Had a Thanksgiving meal at our recovery group weekly meeting last night. Cajun smoked turkey, ham and a bunch of side dishes. I had planned to smoke 2 turkeys but decided to fix 3. Made 2 sandwiches out of what was left. Food was good but the best part was the fellowship and then the thankful praise and testimonies after the meal.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:51pm
Had turkey and all the doings... Son and wife + 2 kids, Daughter and husband + 1 kid, DIL younger brother +1 kid......... standard family Thanksgiving... I dont do nothing.. The girls cook and do the dishes... all i do is eat and take home some for the next day !

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:44pm
I deeped fried a 14 lb turkey. Took a little over an hour with heating oil. I injected garlic butter with a Cajun rub. We had 8 people and not much leftovers!

Posted By: JohnColo
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:11am
Hubert, your recovery group must not be over eaters anonymous!

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:10am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

Hubert, your recovery group must not be over eaters anonymous!

LOLLOLLOL  
John, we have a few that would fit that description, myself included. We try to work with all types of addictions and problems not just alcohol and chemical dependency.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net