Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=174397
Printed Date: 05 May 2024 at 2:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: freezer
Posted By: john(MI)
Subject: freezer
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:31pm
Any of you guys try to buy a freezer lately?  Nobody got nothing.  I finally got one at ABC Warehouse.   I had to go to the warehouse to get it.  Ours died and it is full of food.  they said  it was because of the covid and all those hoarders.  I sure will be glad when this crap is gone.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Replies:
Posted By: Amos
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:47pm
The only freezers you can gt over here are the little 1/4 size ones and smaller.  Good friends ordered new fridge and freezer first of May, told be in on June 10, now told likely be the end of November

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:52pm
My wife spent a few days on the phone looking within a couple hundred miles of here.
Finally found one at a Lowe’s up in Mo. I had to take off work right then and go get it. We had beef ordered and needed more freezer space. Then the beef fell through. Finally got half a beef last weekend that she ordered late March.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:30pm
Wife bought a whole steer last week, I found a good used freezer to add to our capacity.
We dont know when it is coming, because the girl we bought it from cannot find a meat packer available

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:12pm
Just got told the same thing last Fri.

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:20pm
In my opinion,, if your not feeding 10 ppl, the grocery stores are still selling meat, and everything you need ! Me and my gal get by pretty cheap with chicken and pork,, this weekend was a feast as we done a chuck roast in roast beef, Instapot, and walllaaa , good eating/ but we only do beef every now and then

Posted By: Andrew(southernIL)
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:22pm
ive been looking all summer too for one thats big enough to hold something, Ive ran out of space after putting a steer and garden veggies in the ones we have but im about out of pig now and dont have the space to get another.

-------------
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:26pm
Might have to dig a celler and do it the old ways !!!!

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
I bought one of them 7 cu ft uprights at Sam's back in May - then after see they are on back order , 
 last week my frig kicked out and figured I would need a replacement - forget it - anything out there is on back order - from end of month to Nov on most anything in other than apartment size  
 Then figured i would just fix mine - replaced circuit board $150 for the board from e-bay or $320 from parts place around here , so good now for a bit and has a large lower freezer so in good shape now . Son has 1/2 beef in my upright freezer here and rest in a freezer at his place

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:25am
Yes I tried to buy a replacement fridge for the garage. A low cost white simple one. Nope could not find anything except two $650 dollar ones, which were not able to be delivered because they were so far behind with service and deliveries.
Found a used one at the neighbors, was a good deal, it cost me a quart of syrup. We dodged a bullet on that one!
Now I just need to get the old one loaded and hauled to the recycle day this Sat.
We were supposed to get some beef too. Humm Wonder what happened to that?
I also needed more freezer space and happened to mention it to my friend Matt. He said there is one setting there in his shop, free. I snagged it small but was just right for my space and it works! 
Should have bought some lotto tickets I guess!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:47am
The gentleman I work on the farm raises cattle and he is booking steers for next August at our little processor.  They are backed up that far.  I raise poultry for people and now have 3 freezers bought a beat up used one for $50 and it freezes better than my other ones.

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:58am
Was just looking on Face Book - Market Place and were about 10 freezers up for sale on there , from chest , upright , to small units - all the prices seemed reasonable for used units . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:07am
no freezers around here either. ----just hope ours dont croak! ----- all we have here in ours  is veggies, sis did give us a couple packages of chicken, a friend fishes a lot and handed us a couple packages of nice catfish, and that's about for meat here ---- cant afford it.

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net