Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=173855
Printed Date: 20 Jun 2024 at 10:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Left Turn ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Left Turn ??
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 5:32pm
I posted awhile back about "left-turners" favoring the "middle" of the lane and was told that "legally", No on can pass on the "right" of the white line ConfusedConfused. On my way home this evening, I met an oncoming "stopped" line of traffic due to an AHOLE that was making a left turn BUT was a half car width OVER the white line ConfusedSleepyAngry !!!

Replies:
Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 7:37pm
In MI you can pass on the right as long as you don't leave the pavement, it don't matter where the line is.  Except at intersections.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 8:17pm
This happened to be in Indiana just south of the border. No body could get around this Ahole because of a tree line Confused. Like I said, he was a 1/2 car width over the white line that left more room for traffic to go around him on the LEFT and still not cross the center line LOL!!!

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 6:43am
Oh the humanity!

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:37am
GEES... im glad i dont have these catastrophic problems.. It must be very difficult to get thru the day !!!  Lets all pray for you.. Hug

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: Grayray
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:36am
It is FAR more important to get there safely than to get there quickly.  Why would anyone chance crashing to save a couple of seconds?

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm
IMO anybody who paases a left turning vehicle on the right side at a 4 way intersection needs their head examined right after someone gives them a well deserved punch in the nose and kick in the crotch!

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Boss Man
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:31pm
Guy must have been a truck driver. Need to go right before swinging left to get the trailer around the corner.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:31pm
Freedguy, you seem to have the worst luck with AHOLES!

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:38pm
Passing at an intersection is illegal no matter which side you pass from. My accountant has been hit twice in such cases and fault went the driver doing the passing. Bottom line, slow the #&$@ down!

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

IMO anybody who paases a left turning vehicle on the right side at a 4 way intersection needs their head examined right after someone gives them a well deserved punch in the nose and kick in the crotch!
WELL, MR. LONN, I NEVER mentioned a 4 way intersection in ANY of my posts ConfusedConfused ?? These are AHOLES turning into private driveways, no intersections involved WinkWink !! Please enable "spell check" on your device BTW Big smileBig smile

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

GEES... im glad i dont have these catastrophic problems.. It must be very difficult to get thru the day !!!  Lets all pray for you.. Hug
The January inauguration is coming up, I'll pray for you WinkWink !!

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:23pm
I think we'll all survive as long as the country don't make an unsignaled left turn...Wink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm
NOW THATS FUNNY !!!

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net