Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=166713
Printed Date: 25 Jun 2024 at 11:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: prostate cancer
Posted By: ac fleet
Subject: prostate cancer
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:50pm
Anybody else have to deal with this chit???  3 weeks ago I had robotic surgery to remove prostate, course cancer had already spread.
Came home from hospital with urinary track infection and a p-bag. Finally got rid of the tube/bag and graduated up to diapers, been fighting it to get bladder control back, but so far no go. Gotta change every hour.-- Doc says this is normal and it will take 8 weeks for average person to heal.---nother problem, I have low white blood cell count, so he says longer time in that case.
I feel silly runnin around the house in t-shirt and diapers, but cant put pants on. Also 5 big ole gashes across the belly. They removed the 20 some staples, then glued some strips across the cuts.
This aint me!--its driving me nuts cause I have important stuff to do outside and cant even go out! LOL!!
Doc also said no lifting over 8 pounds til further notice!--My wrenches weigh more than that!
We had maybe 4" of snow and they wont even let me on the skidloader! Doc said none of that activity would be wise. Tte only thing he wants me to do right now is a lot of walking!--Got the paint wore off the house floors! LOL!!
Thanks for reading!-- Have Happy Holidays!!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Replies:
Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:56pm
Sonny, my FIL went through all that, didn’t listen to the Doc’s, healing took forever, they had to go back in and repair what his stupidity messed up, it takes time to heal, take it! Prayers for quick healing!

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Sorry you are having to go through all that stuff.  At least you are still with us and by the end of winter will be back to working on projects instead of working on healing.  Remember, you've got a lot of people on this forum willing to help in many ways.

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:15pm
No prostate cancer here, but lost the left kidney to it. Good luck with recovery.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:26pm
Wife went through 6 month of  chemo then raidiation for breast cancer in 2018, she's cancer free now, but she has neuropathy in both feet and doesn't drive because she doesn't have feeling in her feet. This is all a long healing process and don't know if she will ever get the feeling back but she still alive and here with me. Don't push it and leave healing take it's time, in the end it will all be worth it. Prayers for fast healing, please listen to the doctor.

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:28pm
Prayers here for a quick, complete recovery. Make sure you follow Doc's instructions completely. It's very hard to follow those restrictions, but it's the only way to heal properly and get back on track. Maybe my prayers should also include patience. I KNOW AFTER MY BACK SURGERY 13 YEARS AGO THAT FIRST TWO MONTHS NEARLY DROVE ME INSANE, BUT I SUFFERED THROUGH THE INCONVIENIENCES AND HEALED quite nicely. Sorry about the caps but don't have the patience to correct. LOL   God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:34pm
AC I feel your pain! I have had back and both knees operated on. In each case, I didn't listen to doctor, which resulted in longer recovery in back and one knee, and permanent damage in second knee because I felt I had to go out to feed the chickens, even though my wife was doing a fine job of caring for them. I slipped on the ice and hyper extended the knee!
I know you are struggling, but quickest way to recovery is listen to the doc!
Getting old sucks!

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:40pm
BOTH My brothers, one older one younger had to have their prostate glands removed to Cancer. One had a more aggressive cancer but neither were happy to lose the organ. Older one is doing well, has exercised his sphincter tendon enough to control urine flow the younger one still not managing well after close to six months.

I have been examined MULTIPLE times out of worry but so far all is good.

Posted By: Ken McGregor
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:54pm
I had prostate surgery back in 2000 and with yearly tests have shown to be cancer-free so far. Do what your doctor says....it takes a while and you probably won't be back to normal but the new normal is much better than the alternative. Believe me, it is a major operation but most men will either die with or from prostate cancer so work with it!!!!

regards,
Ken McGregor

Posted By: allisorange
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:59pm
Had mine removed in 2006. Did the exercise they told me to do
and it worked for me. Straining sometimes makes you leak a little.
Took me six weeks to get back to doing what I usually do. Tryed
to  do things at 4 weeks and it did not take long to see it was to
soon. Do what they tell you or you will have problems.

John C

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm
I had bladder cancer and surgery in July 2018, they took the prostate too.   I got this bag glued to my side for peeing.  I was doing good until this November when they discovered a new tumor.  It's behind the socket bone of my right hip and is located in an area where it is impossible to even get a biopsy.  I got my first radiation treatment today and will get them for 24 more days not counting weekends and holidays.  I start chemo tomorrow, I get a bag of drugs and a little pump that I carry around for five days.  I'll get this first one now and a second 5 days, the last week of my radiation.  Yep, this stuff really sux!  I got a port put in yesterday, and I'm still recovering from that.  I didn't realize how much surgery was involved in that, but at least I won't have to have anyone trying to find a vein for an IV anymore!  Did I mention how much this stuff sux? Smile

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Dick L
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:01pm
Gosh guys, Your going thru a bunch of stuff. Prayers for all. I go in to get my shoulder worked on tomorrow which is nothing to what yall have to deal with. My Dad and brother both had prostate cancer. So far my PSA tests are low.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:18pm
I agree I wish All you folks struggling with cancer or other serious health issue a serious get well soon. Most of the times we dont realize what folks are going through on the other end of the keyboards! I am fortunate to have good health at this time. My little back issue 2 years ago was a wake up call that our health is so important!
 I wish you all a very Merry Christmas with your family!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
Praying that our LORD will give you speedy healing and also patience to not do what the doctors have told you NOT TO DO. Sitting around the house gets old real fast but take it easy and let everything heal properly.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: HaroldOmaha
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:00pm
Hope you all have a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas.

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:06pm
Prayers for all you guys going thru the health issues. God Speed your recovery!

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:48am
More prayers from here in SE Kansas... .... .    .

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:49am
Hang in there ac.  And take Lou's advice.

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:57am
Prayers said for a healthy recovery.

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:12am
Had prostrate remover 6 years ago, everything is good now except I still leak, when on my feet.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 12:40pm
Thanks for the kind words guys! -- Ya, I have kinda accepted the fact that things are gonna be WAY different from now on. I need to do stiff, but dont want to mess up this thing, so I am just letting stuff go. --- I guess this cancer stuff is serious, and the surgerys are something to respect and not screw up something after them, so I am staying down.
Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat!  Thanks guys!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 2:08pm
Will be remembering you in pray AC. I have been lucky PSA number has been good. But galblader gave out back in 16,turned into the summer from hell. Went in to have it out and go home that night,well turned out to be 13 day in the hospital.

Since then my gut is not working like it us to. But they checked everything out last Dec and the doc say live with it. So I need to keep the path clear to the bathroom Wink if you get my meaning. Not helpful in getting much done some day. But hay it is not the joints going bad and hurting all the time.LOL

Dang what bunch of tired old farts this place has. But hay somebody needs to poke our kids and spoil our grandkids, so hang in there everybody.

Posted By: Calvin Schmidt
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 4:18pm
Good luck guys. I only had a triple heart bypass 16 years ago and woke up repaired. Won the lottery that day and wouldn't trade anyone of you for what you have to deal with. 

-------------
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed

Posted By: TMiller/NC
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:03pm
I had prostrate surgery in 2014 psa numbers un detectable since.  By all means follow the Dr's orders, and yes there are some adjustments to be made.  If you are a Vietnam veteran and not in the VA medical system you should check into their benefits.   I considered radiation treatment or surgery, when I got a second opinion Dr said surgery was a more sure way of cure,  once have radiation cannot have surgery for removal.  

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:48pm
prayers from our family to all of you! have had quite a few classmates pass on from the prostrate cancer. I hope you can heal fast...shucks...it's winter time, you can slow down sum and hopefully you can be healed by the time the warm weather starts in! if it'll help...maybe I can pull the throttle back a little on the "machine"!

Posted By: Unit3
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 11:32am
Prayers from Iowa as well.

-------------
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
Sonny, I'm praying that our Lord and savior will give you a speedy and rapid recovery and the patience to listen to the doctors and NOT TO DO ANYTHING that will set you back. Sitting around the house gets old real fast but it beats laying around the funeral home....
I know it's hard to sit around,  but DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD!!

Ray54,,,,my wife had her gallbladder out a LONG time ago, and she can't eat spicy foods or other things anymore.  Butter goes through her like water, so there goes the sweet corn.  Certain foods set her off, so you'll learn to just stay away from them.  Sometimes eggs in the morning set her off too and then I can't go into the bathroom for a while...PHEW!!!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: StevySokal7
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:48am
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. It sounds like it's been a tough few weeks. I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with these issues. It's great that you have a sense of humor about it, though. I'm glad to hear that the doctor says this is all normal and that it will eventually get better. That must be some small comfort. In the meantime, maybe you can find some other things to occupy your time. I've been in your shoes and was given fenbendazole ( https://www.fenbendazole.org/2019/12/19/panacur-c-dog-dewormer-for-cancer/" rel="nofollow - https://www.fenbendazole.org/2019/12/19/panacur-c-dog-dewormer-for-cancer/ ) to enhance the chemotherapy effect. It didn't feel good. I hope you start to feel better soon and that you have a happy holiday season.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Had prostrate remover 6 years ago, everything is good now except I still leak, when on my feet.

Dusty

I quit leaking in early January after having prostrate removed and stop leaking in January.
then in April.  Doc said that I had some scar tissue and reamed me out, which then caused me to leak.
 Then, first of July this year, Doc gave some pills to stop the leak which worked, then about the sixth of July I had a Stroke which caused the leak to again and now I'm on several pills but when I'm done with those I'm going to go back on the stop leaking pills. The Stroke is one that lasts only 4 to 12 weeks. It is slowly going away.

Dusty   

-------------

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:38am
Older brother removal has not been so bad, leakage stopped at 3-4 weeks, younger brother different story, he has to wear Depends as leakage is steady all day and all night every day/night.  Sad time for him as surgery was two years ago.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 12:06pm
I went to Doc and got a prescription to stop leak, which just 2 did, but then had a stroke, so stoped taking them and now having small leaks, think I'll start taking then again. I'm taking several other pills now because of the stroke.

-------------

Posted By: 200Tom1
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:29pm
The old boy that mowed moms lawn and brought her mail every didn't know he had it. He's been complaining about pain in his back for quite a while.   He fell and they put him in an ambulance took him to the horse pistol. They found it then. He lived another 4 days. Guys if it hurts all the time get your butts to the horsepistol.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net