Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=166703
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2024 at 6:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: any ya'll like hotdogs?
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: any ya'll like hotdogs?
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:59pm
sometimes at late night I wanna eats me a snack, sometimes I eats left overs from a previous meal, well the other night I had sum cream of chicky soup left over in a pot, really didn't wanna throw it away, so I grabbed 3 hot dogs outta the freezer (we like "Franks" brand and "Hebrew Nationals" hot dogs), these were HN's, I threw them into the pot, let them thaw, then split them lengthwise, let them simmer in that soup for about a 1/2 hour making sure the soup was over the opened up part. also in that soup was extra mushroom bits and pieces and just a small finger pinch of "No Salt", that is a salt substitute. after getting done with what ever I was doing out there, I cut the heat on the pot and put them hot dogs along with a little soup into a plastic baggie. took them inside and threw the baggie in the fridge. later that night I grabbed that baggie, took out 1 dog and nuked it for 40 seconds. put it on a piece of bread and WHHHHHOOOOOOEEEEEE! was that GOOOOOOOOOD eating!!!!! I finished that one and grabbed another! so tonight I had sum cream of mushroom soup with extra mushroom bits and pieces in it in the pot, and I grabbed the rest of the package of hot dogs from the freezer and threw them in the soup, also splitting them lengthwise and simmering them. i'm gonna go grab a couple right now and have a snack. sure puts a big ole whammy to ordinary hot dogs! (the good kind of whammy)! i'll see if they are as good as the ones from the chicky soup or not! i'll report back.

Replies:
Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:16am
I just gots done eating 2 of them hotdogs...they were good, but not as good as the ones done with cream of chicky soup.

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:03am
Jenny’s mom is in the hospital so she’s in KS. I made grill cheese sandwiches with fried bologna. 👍👍👍 probably have the same tonight.

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:40am

[TUBE]ZpZ_fakwSwc[/TUBE]

But I guess you already practice this.

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:58am

Whoops,,,,that right there is My Man,,Clint,,,!!!  ClapClap

Posted By: Clay
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
Roast all beef hot dogs in the fireplace.
 Put shredded cheese and Curly's Hickory BBQ sauce on a tortilla.
Roll the hot dog in the tortilla and roast over fire until cheese starts to melt.
YUMMMY yum YUM.  

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:34pm
I love hot dogs!-- always have. Dont have them very often.

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm
I like em straight up without the bun, then dip in a mix of Mayo, Horseradish, Mustard, and Siracha.  No Ketchup, unless it's real BBQ saucey.

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:20pm
Roller dogs!!! Ketchup, mustard, jalapeno peppers. Dirty Harry be damned! Frank's dogs the best

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:42pm
LOVE all beef dogs, Bun Length and all the condiments I can put on them!! Including Catsup!!!

Posted By: trace
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:48pm
like nathans dogs lots a garlic. mustard and horse radish mustard only.

-------------
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:30pm
never was a big fan of hot dogs, maybe eat one or two every 6 months or so. growing up near Madison WI, mom always bought Oscar Meyer (yuk). I would rather have a 'hot link' or a bratwurst.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:33pm
Gotta admit QUIK TRIP convience stores have great hot dogs on the roller grill, actually have a slight crunch when biting into them , and then Circle K HAS THE ONES WITH CHEESE STUFFED INSIDE which are real yummy too,, getting hungry again

Posted By: mdm1
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:09pm
Hey Lars since I am from the Madison area do you remember the old weenie wagon?

-------------
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:12pm
yep, the weinermobile

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:15pm
I think I still have some of the weenie whistles.

-------------
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!

Posted By: Randy WI
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
We make our own 2 pounds of venison 3 pounds of pork 5# package of Lems Frank cure smoke to 157 degrees with maple wood yup there darn good. Randy

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm
Dang my mouth was watering. We dice 4 packs of hotdogs, brown them in a big skillet, then add Maple Mustard and Maple BBQ sauce! Stir till coated/ glazed! Folks at out Mid March open house love them!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:46pm

Well,,I never did develop a likin for the hot dogs by theirselves but lead me  to a piate full  of  chili dogs W fritoes,,,and I'M IN,,,,!!!!Clap
  Now them Hot links anf Brotts,,,,I'm a sucker for them any time,,,,Clap

Posted By: TMiller/NC
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:05pm
About 51 years ago while on my SE Asia stent, I was assigned to work in the PX on scenic engineer hill, we had canned hot dogs, 7 regular sized hot dogs in a can couldn't get buns or bread but did have gallon jars of yellow mustard, so would stick hot dogs in mustard, what a treat compared to the mess hall!!  Have not seen canned hot dogs since.  My favorite way to cook them now is put on stick and roast over an open fire.

Posted By: LeonR2013
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:04pm
And well burnt!    Leon

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 12:33am
I do like the 100% beef ones. In a good bun with home made relish and Heinz katsup. And then there's the ones that the Iowa State Fair buys and forces every food vendor in the Iowa state fair grounds to sell. Those pieces of crap must be made with 50 year old sheep meat. They are GROSE. If you guys ever attend the Iowa State Fair, buy the pork chop on a stick. NOT THR HOT DOGS OR CORN DOGS, made with the same old crap.

Posted By: Dave H
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 2:44pm
I went to a feed in a pole barn.  The owner threw hot dogs in this big vat of yummy chili.  those dogs were good.

Posted By: Rhoadesy_65
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 5:48am
Best hot dogs are ones cooked in Sauerkraut or over a campfire

-------------
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:14am
The best dogs we have are deer dogs. We have some of our vension made into dogs. Better than any store bought!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net