Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=166496
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: My Annual Boring post
Posted By: Bill Long
Subject: My Annual Boring post
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:58am
Would you believe it is time AGAIN for me to make my annual boring post This Thursday will be my 86th Birthday. I find it very hard to believe I have lasted that long. I thank the Heavens for giving me a healthy life.
Again I wish to thank Darin for making this site available to us for our discussions and exchange of ideas and information on our common interest - Allis Chalmers farm and industrial equipment. Also, I want to thank the forum members for being so accepting of my input to this board - since 1994. I cannot tell you how much pleasure I have derived from being a member. I have developed a network of friends throughout the world who enjoy talking Allis-Chalmers. Using this site we have been abe to start the Mid Atlantic Allis Chalmers Club - which will host an upcoming Gathering of the Orange.
Let me take his opportunity to again thank my forum members. It has indeed and will continue to be a pleasure to be a part of this forum.
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to all.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Replies:
Posted By: allisrutledge
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:05am
I wish you a very happy birthday,Christmas and a prosperous new year and many thanks to YOU for being the gentleman you are. You are a blessing and a breath of fresh air to us. My AC hats off to you!

-------------
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns

Posted By: Creek Jenkins
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:08am
Thanks for posting Bill, your posts are always interesting to read and I enjoy them very much. Your recollections of the past are great - I don't have your favorite, a B, but I do have a C that I bought 10 years or so ago from a fellow forum member and its been such a good tractor that I have to say it is my favorite of my small fleet of 3 Allis'. Unfortunately last year I taught my wife how to mow the pastures with it and now I get a lot less seat time. Bad move.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

cheers,

Creek

-------------
Have spacesuit, will travel

Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
Happy birthday Bill!

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
Happy BIrthday Bill....... always enjoy your posts... Hope to see another "annual" next year !!

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:25am
Happy "almost" Birthday Mr Bill!

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:24am
Happy Birthday, Bill.  Always enjoy your posts as it's always interesting to hear from some one who was directly involved with our favorite orange equipment.  I've got quite a fleet of orange (and early Allis green!) on my small farm, including three of your favorite 'B'.  All still earn their keep.  Some more than others.
And I'll add a Merry Christmas here also!!Big smile

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
Happy Birthday Bill. We are here every day just to see if one of your boring posts make the scene. Keep up the good life and keep informing us. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: GregStremel
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:13am
Happy birthday!

Posted By: Greg (Hillsboro, OH)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
Happy birthday to the most honorable statesman of the Allis world that I can think of.  I too, make it a point to read each of your posts, as I know there will always be something valuable to learn from you.
I hope that you have a great birthday, and years ahead.  

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
Happy Birthday to you, Mr. Long!

We enjoy your posts and I always enjoy what you have to share.

Posted By: Tony.Or
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
Happy birthday  to you  Bill  Also  known as  Mr. Long ..  And  may you  have  many  more  .  Tony  &  Nonnie      in  Oregon .. 

-------------
http://www.tonystractors.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.tonystractors.com

Posted By: Bob-Maine
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:55pm
Bill, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas a little early. It has been an honor meeting you and communicating with you. As we both age, opportunities to meet again in person may be few or none. But we will have the memories of meeting in Wisconsin many years ago. Bob@allisdowneast.

-------------
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:56pm
Bill,
 Always good to hear from you! Especially as your birthday is near! Have a good one and many more to come.
Merry Christmas to you and to you and your family! 
May the Allis B's, your favorites, keep chugging along like you!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Bill, wishing you a Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, I hope many to follow! God Bless, Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: Greg (Hillsboro, OH)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:35pm
The Allis B came out in 1937, and Bill Long arrived in 1933, so........ That means that the Allis B is the best thing to come along since Mr. Bill Long!!!!!   
They are both wonderful additions to our world.

Posted By: B26240
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 3:32pm
Happy Birthday Bill !  You are a real gentleman !!  your forum friend Mark

Posted By: JimD
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
I've been reading your annual boring posts for most of 20 years now.  Always happy to see the next one. May your days be blessed!

-------------
Owner of http://www.OKtractor.com" rel="nofollow - OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:10pm
Happy birthday Bill. I always enjoy your kind words and extensive knowledge of our favorite tractors.......especially those little B's.๐Ÿ˜Š

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Posted By: Dan Hauter
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:28pm
Happy Birthday, Bill.  Looking forward to more of your posts.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.  Dan Hauter.

Posted By: JohnCinMd
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:38pm
Happy birthday Bill!!!! Merry Christmas & God Bless!

Posted By: ac hunter
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
Happy birthday. Enjoy YOUR day.

Posted By: captaindana
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
Bill, itโ€™s been said above how we all feel about you and your thoughts and inputs. You are certainly a main artery in the heart of this incredible Allis Chalmers site. Happy birthday my friend and please keep your input flowing our way! Captain Dana

-------------
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana

Posted By: WC7610
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:05pm
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Bill- looking forward to next year's installment

-------------
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson

Posted By: wjohn
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:16pm
Happy birthday! As an owner of a couple of Bs I have always appreciated your advice, input, and memories about them.

-------------
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:20pm
Early Happy Birthday Bill!  And while I'm at it Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I have a couple B's one nice and shiny, the other not so much.  The first tractor I ever rode was a late 30's B, still have a picture of me on it at 4  or 5 years old.
Thank you for all your input over the years and I hope you will continue to grace us with your presence for many years to come!

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:32pm
Happy Birthday Bill !!! We wait all year to read your Boring post . I have always loved the stories of unloading the railcars . What a sight it must have been . Keep the stories coming.

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: WD45
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
I would like to wish Bill a very Happy birthday and Merry Christmas .
A happy New Year filled with fun , joy and good health.

-------------
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H

Posted By: dave63
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
Happy Birthday Bill,  I think about you when I get down your way but I seam to always be on a mission and time is not on my side.  I will stop in to see you one day though, I added a D10 and a CA this year to my herd. Hope I can have all of them presentable for the GOTO. I look forward to seeing you.  Merry Christmas and good luck

-------------
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?

Posted By: ErikR
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:47pm
Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and have a great New Year..

Erik
Cable, WI

-------------
1950 B

Posted By: Bill Deppe/AC Salvag
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:54pm
Happy Birthday, Bill.  Can relate to your passion regarding the orange, have 3 B's, two high crops and a standard B

Posted By: Harvey/pa
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:54pm
Happy Birthday Mr Bill, and Happy Holidays too...Harvey

Posted By: Fred in Pa
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:00am
 Happy Birthday , its was always a  pleasure having u and the Club  come to my Showroom.   BTW this is my favorite picture of u and Uncle Bill

-------------
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.

Posted By: Dick L
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:17am
Happy Birthday and have a Merry Christmas Bill.

Posted By: Gary Burnett
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:35am
The best news is you are still here to give the report and I'm still here to read it.(LOL)

Posted By: ryanschott
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:56am
Happy birthday and have a merry Christmas

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:15pm
Again, HAPPY (belated) Birthday Bill.  I too look forward to your boring yearly post.  The insight and tales you give us are priceless.  Hope to see you here for a LOT more years.
God bless and keep writing.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:44pm
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
 Bore us anytime Bill Wink and for as long a post as you want!

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Posted By: calico190xt68
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 11:33pm
Whatever you say at 86 is worthy of our attention. I am fairly new to Allis Chalmers but it is great bunch of guys. Happy birthday, merry christmas and everything in between!

-------------
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC

Posted By: Alex09(WI)
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 10:47am

Happy Birthday Bill! It is a privilege for the younger guys like me to learn from the older and wiser guys like you. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge! I enjoy learning from it.

-------------
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY

Posted By: Bill Long
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 10:05pm
Gentlemen,  Thank you so much for your greetings.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being a part of this Forum.  
Working with my father in his ground breaking dealership when Allis Chalmers was almost unknown was a relatively short but very important part of my life.  It was some of the most meaningful and unforgettable time I spent.  
I had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY.
Thank you all for being such an important part of it.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net