URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=166068
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Why no one makes replacements
Posted By: DMiller
Subject: Why no one makes replacements
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 5:31pm
For these.

This is the last known to be, NEW Final shaft sprocket seal for my little 7G. Is no wonder NOBODY makes a replacement.

And before anyone asks, it IS going to be used.

Replies:
Posted By: pinball
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 7:50pm
I do believe dave there just isn't any money to be made for replacement parts for these older dozers/crawlers. time has just caught up with a lot of old machinery. one old tractor that has really taken a hit are the old n tractors. see them now for under a grand. a lot of old dozers are selling for scrap iron. I do like to drive the old h4 I have but its not worth much anymore. these old dozers are getting replaced by skidloaders now.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:57am
It's easy to have them made at a CNC shop, though big $$$ ! Probably 8-10 hrs shop time involved. It's just money right ?  A friend made his own 'wood rated' CNC, good to 1/10th  of a thou. He takes a few pics of item, presses few buttons, and 1-2 hrs late a wooden version 'magically' appears.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 7:29am
Neighbor has a Skid Loader, was watching me work a large lift of material when I was adjusting the highway frontage for visibility. Said his was more nimble but couple detractors, could not load into a high side dump truck, could only cut 1/3-1/2 yd at a time, could barely get half what I accomplished in a week done in a month. They have their place but the function of a tracked end loader is still a thing.

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Cat, JD and others still sell crawler loaders so there must be demand for them.  Sometimes it just takes ingenuity to make some part to keep an old machine running.  Good to see you are making progress!

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 12:52pm
Nearly every current Loader is Hydrostat, CAT, Deere, Liebherr is Deere, a few odd foreign units and still remain Hydrostat. VERY Expensive when have a failure and hydraulics become the major defined repair, not pretty for the budget minded.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
re:....not pretty for the budget minded.

..that's why HAND SHOVELS are for sale !!Wink

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:48pm
I didn't know Liebherr was made by JD.  What other machines do they sell that aren't theirs?

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: Ian Beale
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:33pm
John

I think it is the other way around - that JD hydrostatic dozers are rebranded Leibherrs.

And they have a connection to Hitachi with some gear IIRC

Posted By: exSW
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 6:00am
Some Fiat\Allis were Leiber also. Looked at a PM 711 a couple years back and it was branded as a zFiat Allis. And it had hydro issues.

Posted By: CAL(KS)
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:22am
morten in denmark had new rubbers molded to fit the NA HD16 sprocket seal assemblies.

-------------
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15

Posted By: david a
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:57pm
that is why I'm selling my 816 loader backhoe.  It's running and I'm tired of the scavenger hunt when I need parts. Lot of this equipment go meted down when scrap prices where high

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net