Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=158433
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2024 at 4:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: sad day
Posted By: LeonR2013
Subject: sad day
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:26am
We knew it was inevitable. Two of my older bros. have been ill from the effects of old age (91 & 89). But they had been healthy and worked hard, raised families, like most people. Well we got the news you never want to hear. One died Fri. morning early, and one died Fri. evening. Strange circumstance, huh. But we look forward to the resurrection and seeing them once again. Hope never fails.   Leon

Replies:
Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:46am
Sorry for this news, deepest condolences!

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:22am
Deepest sincere condolences Leon, prayers for their swift entry into the kingdom ahead.

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:22am
Condolences...& prayers

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:40am
God works in mysterious ways.  May His peace be with you and your family.

Posted By: bikley
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:48am
one day you will all be together again stay srong
Prayers from Md

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:07am
 Prayers to you,,Leon,,and all your families in this time of grief. May PEACE be with all of you,,,,,,,,

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:12am
Prayers from here in Georgia!

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:22am
thoughts and prayers from our family to yours Leon, sorry to hear about your loss.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:52am
Thank you all. Well, we're not the first, but it was just unusual the way it went down. This makes me the last left. It seemed like for so long there were big get togethers, but now not so much. I guess it is what it is.  Thanks again guys.   Leon

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours Leon. Darrel

Posted By: Stan IL&TN
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:12am
I'm so sorry for you loss Leon. It is hard to lose a brother. I lost mine 20 years ago and think of him often. Prayers to you and the family.

-------------
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:28am
Prayers from central, Il

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
Prayers for your family.

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Leon, Our condolences from here to you too.
 Yes, it might seem a little strange, but is neat in other ways... If we could see what happens on the 'other side' of the veil... Maybe the one brother waited for the other so they could enter Heaven together... or the one had decided it was time to go too when the other passed on first.
 May the Lord's peace, love, joy come in and cover the griefs you have in the days ahead. JC

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Leon, thoughts and prayers go out to you at this time of your life.  God was good the them as they had good long lives.  My condolences to you and yours.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:04pm
Condolences and prayer for you and your families Leon form Ohio

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
Gosh Leon, sad news and unusual the way that happened. A lot of sadness for you in a short time, but as JC said, maybe there is some good in it.

Prayers for strength and peace and understanding.

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Condolences and prayers Leon, for you and the entire family. May you feel God's loving hands through this time of gri8ef. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
I'll be praying for you, Leon. May God put you at ease in this time of grief. 

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:24pm
Leon, sorry for your loss but just think of that glorious reunion in Heaven. Praying that God will grant you peace and comfort.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: Ranse
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
Two brothers the same day. That's gotta be tough. I don't believe I've heard of that happening before. Thoughts and prayers to you sir.

Posted By: omahagreg
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:21pm
I too am sorry for your loss.  Glad you are looking forward to Heaven with them!
I was a pall bearer for my Grandpa.  We had just left the church and were sitting in the cars waiting to go to the cemetery.  We waited, and waited, and waited some more! Soon they came and told his that my Grandpa's brother had just had a heart attack and died! I had been staying with that Great Uncle while there, so that was really weird one too!

-------------
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:23pm
Something we all know is going to happen yet it's something we deny and figure it's someone else who will pass - most times it's the man and the wife is left with the surviving . 
[TUBE]4cHv-PE561A[/TUBE]

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:35pm
Thanks again guys. It takes a while but in a year or so we can think of the funny things that happened through life and have a chuckle again. So I guess life is full of memories, some good and some bad and we just have to concentrate on the good.  Leon

Posted By: Ken in Texas
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 4:17am
That If You Only Knew Video  really touched My Heart.    It was My Younger Brothers Birthday Yesterday. 
Turned 76.  He has been dealing with Parkinson Disease for 12 years now. He didn't know who I was on the phone. Hard to wish a brother a happy birthday in his condition. It would be a blessing for the Lord in Heaven  to call him home.   Tears turn to Joy if we only knew.
     May God Bless you Leon. Peace be with you.

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by LeonR2013 LeonR2013 wrote:

Thanks again guys. It takes a while but in a year or so we can think of the funny things that happened through life and have a chuckle again. So I guess life is full of memories, some good and some bad and we just have to concentrate on the good.  Leon
I know what you're saying, but......I would be very surprised if it took that long.  It's great therapy to remember and laugh and be positive. 

Wishing you all the best.

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 8:50am
God speed your healing! Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: trace
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
Sincere condelences from NW Iowa. Lived a good long life at 89 and 91, in a far better place now.

-------------
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:26am
When we got down to one of my Dad's family, we treated her like a queen.  We, the next generation, got together frequently to garner her history.  It was a joy while it lasted.  Even our kids would frequently come along.  Hopefully, one of your youngsters will pick up on the reality and start the same type of occasions and you can enjoy the company of all of the kids and nieces and nephews! 

I know the losses are painful, but just dwell on all of the good memories you have.  It sure helped me after losing three of the eight of us.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
Ken, you've sure had your share of travails in the last bunch of years.  You too are in my prayers.
That If You Only Knew Video  really touched My Heart also, as I lost my little sister a couple of years ago.  She was SO wonderful and I miss her so!  But life goes on and she is up there smiling down at me......

Thanks be to God Leon you had them so close for so long.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net