Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=155322
Printed Date: 16 Jun 2024 at 11:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Missing Persons,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: Ted J
Subject: Missing Persons,,,,,,,,,,
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 6:58pm
Namely Shameless and Darrell G (MN)............
2 of the nicest,,,,,no good,,,,,,,,sneaky, conniving,,,,,,,wonderful friends!!!

Where the Hades is Darrell??  Geezee.....threaten a guy with a little grease gun and he disappears!!  Did ja head south already??   Sheesh......ya gotta ask permission when you wanna sneak off and not let us now where you are or what you're up to....

Shameless,,,,,,,,  DON'T worry about him guys,,,,,,,I just talked to him on the phone and he's no on cause he's busy gettin some leaks fixed.  He has water AND air leaks that needs attention.
Seems some idiot (Hubert) gave him some kind of a challenge and he's trying to get a little extra loft or sumthin to make him happy....
Oh yeah, he says that the auto pilot went south an so now he's got no control of WHERE it's gonna go yet.....He says that if he's got time AFTER fixin the leaks, he'll see what he can do,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,he ain't makin NO promisses!!

Otherwise,,,,,,,,he's doin good an he's well and ALMOST gittin ready to go dancin.  It's just that his puter took a .............kwap  and he's waitin for it to come back from the factory.  Seems that the factory guarantee is still good....  CAN you believe that??????????  They gave him a guarantee,,,,,,,with the track record he has with puters?!?!?!

SSOOooooo.......while HE can't see what we're schemin on,,,,,,you can say what cha want an HE won't even know it!!  Got you're POKIN stick sharpened up??

OH YEAH,,,,,,,,member that NEW shed he's buildin?????   Well, I got the truth outta him on that one too........  It's gonna be a bomb proof shelter,,,,,,,with some railroad rails comin outta the north end,,,,,an it's gonna have a certain machine mounter on it!!!!!  Yeahaa,,,,,,I couldn't believe it myself!!!!  But I got it STRAIGHT from the man's mouth!!  I ain't makin this chit up!!!,,,,,,  Not like DJ does......notice my sharp pokin stick......

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Replies:
Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 7:39am
Thanks for the report Les, it's good to hear he still doing OK. I have to be careful about poke stickin him as I live at about 275 miles at a N.E. angle from him. Them north bound tracks could lead to a closer aim and you too. Shocked

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 8:30am
Update, Les gets a pardon, poor soul is laid up. Get better soon Les.

-------------

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 8:43am
Chask, it was Ted J. that did his investigation an interrorgations on you know who....

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:12am
I know. I was pokin a stick at Ted as Les had mentioned visiting him on the "Whose turn was it to watch him?" topic and reporting back.  At the time I also did not know Les was a hurting unit and may not have been able to visit him. I still hope Les gets better soon as we all do.

-------------

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:38am
We better recruit some young kids to help Creston take thing over on here. Sounds like all the rest of us got more pains than good sense. 

You don't need to be board with the details but I am on the sick list too.  Thankfully not as painful as some of your complaints, but then they ant done "testing". Just kinda guessing,Angry  the lab and doc cannot get on the same page.

Gee maybe if I was hanging with a healthy crowd I would not get sick Wink so much.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:00am
 Chit,,,this must be "poker'er stick week" ,,,or maybe,,,,they is all tryin to make up for ole Shameless bein absent for so long a time,,,,Ya'll remember I reported that he told me he WAS keepin a list and,,,,and,,,he's usin a non-eraseable pen too,,,!!!
 Chit,,I'm outa here,,,,,fore they go to takin aim this way,,,,Clap

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
Now just HTH can he be keepin a list when he can't even see what we're all lying,,,,,,er,,,tellin about him?  LOL
He's havin the DT's from bein away from here for so long.....  But he DID like my idea of gettin another puter!!  BUT then he said he'd have to come up with another name..... 
Maybe an alias so NOBODY would know when he was on here makin trouble,,,,,,,,,,,, but I think we'd see through that,,,,,,don't cha?  He'd let sumthin slip!Confused
Well,,,,,,I'm outta here too now,,,,,,,,,I gotta go sharpen my NEW stick....Big smile

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:56pm
Him with another handle wouldn't ever work cause he'd let is outa the bag some how

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:03pm
We could have a contest to help come up with a new name for Shameless. Or has already returned, we better watch any new members that signed on the last few days already.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:11pm
Good Luck with that

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
My vote for Shameless new handle is JeffZ

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:29pm
I'd think that Shameless could go down to the library, or a motel lobby and log in on a puter just to check up on us. Course there probably isn't a motel or library that he's allowed in. Darrel

Posted By: Darrell G (MN)
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:16pm
Ted just checking out the truck and trailer, need to make a road trip to Durand Wi tomorrow, Else I have work that needs to be done, I can't be sitting here typing (lying) like some of youal. If I am coming through your area on Friday, will you be around, I'll buy lunch.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:13am
Darrell, Durand is 2 hours north,,,,,,BUT,,,,,, I can meet you somewhere's up there.  I can go visit my daughter in Mondovi afterwards.  I haven't seen the grandkids in a month.
Let me know!!  Have you got my number?

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

I know. I was pokin a stick at Ted as Les had mentioned visiting him on the "Whose turn was it to watch him?" topic and reporting back.  At the time I also did not know Les was a hurting unit and may not have been able to visit him. I still hope Les gets better soon as we all do.
You better watch out Elliot,,,, I've got my new stick ALL ready, but I WAS saving it for Shameless, but I could test it out on you,,,,,,if you're not careful...Big smile

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:17am
Darrell,,,,,,,,,there's a WHOLE BUNCH of guys up in that area,,,,,,,,and since you said you'd buy lunch,,,,,,, you could start a new thread and invite everybody....  Heck, I'd bet even Lon(MN) would meet us!  He could visit his inlaws....

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:08am
Yikes and I'm so thin skinned, I better watch out.  Free lunch, that sounds democratic, oh sorry that's cheese. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:17pm
Ted I didn't know Durand IL was north of you.

Posted By: Les Royer
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 7:56pm
Darrell, there ain't nothin normal about anything Wisconsin. After I left Hutch that year when I rode my motor sickle up there I set out across Wisconsin. My google maps was so screwed up it took me 3 days to get across thet state.  Didn't get no free lunch from Ted neither. Pfffffft. Is the stick sharp enough?

-------------
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:04pm
Les we need to be kind to poor Ted.  I think all that cheese he has consumed over the years had started to harden in his brain.  He has a had time remembering where he lives sometimes

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 11:18pm
Darrell G.,  which is it now, Durand Wi or Durand IL... ?

Les, what route ye take through WI? Hwy 8, 35, 53, or 70?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:10am
I must fess up, I typed the wrong state first time I posted.  It is truly Durand IL'

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 9:47am
Cheese is hardening in (whose) (who's) (hoos) brain? Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
An that makes it in a whole different state of mind.... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:46am
Teds being awfully quiet. Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 2:56pm
Elliott, I ain't been on here for two days now.....  but that don't mean nuthin.  I 'm just a kinda quiet guy.  It is better to just keep your mouth shut and seem like a dummy than to open it and prove it is so.......
Naw, I've just been busy.
Anybody know an EASY way to get the pics off a text message to your phone and get em onto a puter??  This doin it one at a time is the pits!!!

Well now Darrell,,,,,,,,now that we know you're going to IL instead of Durand WI......
What time you planning on coming through??  There's a 'Family Restaurant' just a couple of blocks off the I-90.  Lunch or just coffee, whatever...  Have you got my phone #?  I assume the way you're talking, that you'll be stopping on the way back home?

Guys, guys, guys,,,,,,,,it ain't the cheese that causes the problems, it's all that GOOD beer and the brandy.........  And I'd stop, but they don't make a patch for that...  I'm addicted!  What can I say?,,,,

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm
Ted J I just plug my phone into the computer and they will transfer from phone to computer. 

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:42pm
Mine won't allow me to do that Tom.  I don't know why not, but I think it's got something to do with google...  I'm trying to get them to transfer from the phone to the SD card and then I can hook that up to the puter...

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:00pm
 Hey Ted,,try this for pic transfer from smart phone to PC.
1. Go to Settings
2. scroll down to Developer Options
3. scroll down to " Select USB configuration"
4. on my fone there are 6 choices starting with 
    A. Charging
    B. MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
    C. PTP (Picture transfer protocol)
    D. RNDIS (USB Ethernet)
    E. Audio Source
    F. MIDI
  My fone will automatically switch back to  the charging when I finish downloading pics on the PTP protocol, so I got to remember to change it when I got to transfer pics. 
 Hope this helps.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:31am
DJ,,,,,,,THANKS BUDDY!!!  I looked at my setting and I have all that stuff!!
I'll have to buy a cable to hook to my USB on the puter and try it.
My phone is set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) now.  I don't know what that means, but I'll see what I can do after I get a cable.
THANKS!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:32am
I just gave you a "Thanks" for your post.  I can't believe that I'm the FIRST one to do that for you!!??!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:25pm
Ted, are you saying your the first for Joe's comment on this thread???
 Ol Joe's been a good ol' boy cuzz he's been thanked now 21 times...Wink  ... not spanked, just thanked.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:36pm
Come on you guy's his wonderful wife still has to live with him. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm
JC, must be just this thread..........dang, and here I though I was the greatest to him,,,,,and now you burst my bubble.....THANKS A LOT......pffft.

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 2:39pm
Oh yeah,,,,,,missing persons,,,,,,,,,
Where's TREVMAN been?  he hasn't been on in a while either!!  Anybody know about him?  DJ, you got his phone #?  you prolly can't call him anyway, he lives in Canada....
Anybody Nort of the border know anything?  I know he was having some problems, hope all is well with him...

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:14pm
He was last on here Aug 4.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:43pm
 Well,,I guess I dob't know what youse guys talkin bout but I'll take any "Atta Boys" I can get by with,,,,,,Clap

Thas great,,,Ted,,,just get you a USB cable at walmart and change the protocol to PTP and you will be good to go,,,,,thas odd tho,,that you said your fone was set at "Media Transfer Protocol" as MTP is for transferring media from digital audio players and MP3 players,,,,HMMmmmm,,,???
 The Android fones usually revert to "charging" after any of the other protocols are used. Good luck.Clap

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:58pm
DJ, you go click on your 'members profile' and can see how many times ye gots thanked...
  an ye don'ts know or what fers ye gots thanked for... LOL

Ted, ol' buddy, I is sorry fur burstin your bubble there... But ye were first on that thread if thats any consoleation.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 8:14am
 Well,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,UMmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,Guys,,, I'm impressed and,,,,and,,,,mostly speechless,,I had no idea they even did that here,,,I cannot thank all youse fine,,fine,,,fellows enough. I take it as an enormous honor,,yes an HONOR. Wish't I could tell who all done this,,,,,,I'd have to buy more Black Label,,,,,,,,and some stamps.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Ted, ol' buddy, I is sorry fur burstin your bubble there... But ye were first on that thread if thats any consoleation.
Weelll  JC, you just shot down my whole day!  An here I thought yooos was my buddy....  I'll have to ask Shameless my GOOD buddy if'n he can do me a favor in the coming months.....

DJ,,,BUDDY,,,,,,you're welcome and you don't even have to spend a stamp for me.  Just hearin,,,,,,er, readin,,,,,warms my heart.

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:51am
Now Ted, Buddy ol' Pal', I really REALLLLLY sorry that it ruint yur hole day... at least it wasn't a whole week... Big smile
 An an if ye mess with me, an sic ol Shamers on me with his dandruff crap maker, I mights haveta go huntin him down with thet ol' 460 of mine Shocked... Juss ask ol Joe when I's went huntin wiff thet thing the last time, it twasn't pretty... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:18am
 Yes,,Ted,,Ya gotta be careful with ole JC,,,he,,,,he,,gots that big old cannon that can stop a good sized Sherman tank  and he uses it on them Deers too,,,!!! That last one he shot,,,,the only'ist thing left after the dust and the deer hair settled was some burger meat for his dog,,,chit I bet them backstraps woulda been good in some thick gravy,,,,,,ClapLOL

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:28pm
Backstraps in GRAVY??!!  NNOOOOO...  You just take a cast iron and drop a bit of bourbon in it and then put it on the fire.  When the burbon is half gone, you throw the cut up (bout 1-1/2 - 2" thick) steaks in and eat em with your fingers,,,,,,,,,,while sipppin on some of the rest of that bourbon and some GOOD COLD beer!!!  Um UM GOOD!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:37pm
Now Ted quit talkin like that it's makin me hungry

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:47pm
Tom just think about Mr. wonderful (Shammers). You won't be so hungry. LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window