Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=150480
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2024 at 11:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: census
Posted By: shameless dude
Subject: census
Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:24pm
o-k....so I keep getting them USDA cesus's about every other year for past....well since about 1979 or so. said I could fill it out on line, so I choose that way this time, cept when I gots all dun, the screen said error, web site not found! $^&#^(#%@!!!!! I spent a lot of time on that danged thing! so I dropped it. then a couple weeks later I gits another of the same thing to fill out. I was still po'd about the first one and ignored this one. then about a month goes by and I get yet another one to fill out. soooooo.....I triir next mailing!ed the web page thingy again, and it still wouldn't go thru, so I accendently mis placed that one. then this last week, I gits a NASTY gram ibn the mail stating it's the law and they do procecute if the census is not filled out and mailed back in. o-k, I finally found it, filled it out in about 3-4- minutes and mailed the sucker this time. I HOPE THEY'RE HAPPY! I gave them someone elses name for their next mailing! JOe...let me know if you get it! LMAO

Replies:
Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:33pm
oooooowwwwwww, that's NASTY!!
I like that!

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:54am
UHhhhh....they prosecute for not filling em out.....? Ooooops, I may get prosecuted. Darrel

Posted By: Kurt WI
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:09am
I don't mind filling them out till you get to the financial part. It's none of the usdas business knowing what my wife and I make off the farm!!

-------------
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:09am
Unless it came REGISTERED mail and you had to sign for it, toss next ones and followup letters into the firepit !! If and I mean IF 'they ' ever call, just say ...'I filled it out the night it came mailed it back next day'.
I don't tell no one real info unless they show up in person, even then I ask for their ID, ask them to wait outside, call the company ,confirm ID. What can I say..I'm getting old and cranky !

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:13am
I think I wrote nuff in it to confuse them

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:03pm
They will be at Shameless door with guns drawn ifn you done that much 

Posted By: Red Bank
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:34pm
I can't figure out how it's suppose to be anonymous but they will know if you didn't fill it out? I was not going to fill mine out until a friend said he was paid a visit because he kept tossing his in the trash. And they wrote his answers down during their visit. Some questions I think are good for some study on agriculture topics but some are definitely none of their business. They don't need to know how much I make off of hay. But if they want to know I grew 12 acres of hay then they should be able to figure out with market prices and average bale production then fine but I shouldn't have to tell them. Are they going to take away my farm tax exemption? Are they going to lower my property taxes? Are they going to come in and give me a grant to produce more hay? Are they going to confiscate my tractors and make me buy new ones because of emissions?

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:04pm
You vill do it and you vill like it!   We have vays of making you like it!   Vether you like it or not!     Now Do It!!!

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:49pm
They keep sending them to my wife so I guess they will lock her up. The farm is in my name, Bunch of dummies. The gubmint knows too much about us already, they don't need any more information.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:14pm
They want this info all time so they can figure how to get the family farmer, little guy farmer, and semi retired farmers off their farms. They want to get the properties into big agri-bis and other larger tax producing hands. The gov used to promote self sufficiency, victory gardens, etc. not any more!

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:29pm
yep....just like when they go out and see one great field of grain, then all of a sudden the whole nation will have a bumper crop and the prices fall!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net