Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126739
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 4:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 8070 experimental
Posted By: LB0442
Subject: 8070 experimental
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 8:11pm
This is a great auction coming up.  This family has an exceptional amount of fine equipment.  The second tractor on the list say's it's an "8070 experimental".  Does anyone here know what made it different?  What were they doing on it that was experimental.  I have seen photos of some that had an extended front end for a different engine.  This one looks like a normal front end.  Possibly someone has been there and knows?

http://hagerauction.hibid.com/catalog/79891/fanetti-estate-collection/" rel="nofollow - http://hagerauction.hibid.com/catalog/79891/fanetti-estate-collection/

Replies:
Posted By: JayIN
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 8:36pm
Sounds like that guy from Wisconsin that used to hall tractors from the factory. can't remember his name. Someone will chime in.--

-------------
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"

Posted By: Play Farmer
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:02pm
That sure is a bunch of nice looking stuff. Thumbs Up

Posted By: LeonR2013
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:05pm
Dang!

Posted By: Austin IL
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:11pm
Fanetti?

Posted By: Lynn Marshall
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:25pm
Deffinately a different front axle or at least some differences. Also another dipstick on the rear end?

Posted By: Darrell, Jr. (MN)
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:26pm
There were 4 8095 proto types built using Komatsu engines.  These were tested at the Allis proving grounds and were ready for production when Allis was sold Duetz.  These would've been the first 200+ HP FWA tractors on the market, but Duetz decided not to build them.  The tractors were dismantled and the engines were sent back to Komatsu.  The tractors ended up being sold for parts with 1 having an Allis engine installed which shortened the tractor back to 8070 wheel base, and 2 of the other 3 ending up with (I think) Cummins engines and being used for farming by the Hunley (spelling?) family.  I'm not where the 4th ended up.  The tractor in the Fenetti collection was at the Orange Spectacular (along with the last tractor off of the assembly line) in 2003 and I think the serial number was stamped like 8095X or something like that.

Posted By: Daehler
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:30pm
Its what's left of one of the 8095s. I think he was supposed to have the rest of the parts. There should be a frame extension that made it longer, and the grill is wider for a bigger radiator. According to Norm Swinfords book it would have been the industies first 200 pto horse tractor, although I bet some 7080's came out over that

-------------
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:11am
I wonder if any of those tractors will ever see the field?  Anyone want to make guess what that 8070 experimental will bring?

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:17am
I want to see what the 1984 L3 brings! That'll give me an estimate at what ours is worth, because ours looks just as clean as that one! Big smile Pretty low hours too. 

Posted By: jordo2011
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:09am
i'm excited to see what the 6070 brings. it is amazing what shows up in collections. just wish calling dibs would be enough to bring a few of those beauties home

Posted By: farmboy520
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:48am
I'm excited to see what they all bring

Posted By: ILGLEANER
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:22am
If that's an experimental 8070. Why would it have a serial number of 1600 which would be in the middle of the 8070 run ? Maybe that is when the 8095 project was started ? Without the extension of the frame and the sheet metal you really have nothing. Hunleys have the long frame, and the komotsu motor in it. As far as l know. No one got any of the transmission that was coming out in the 8095. Mark would know more then any of us on here.

-------------
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

Mark would know more then any of us on here.
True!

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:49am

If that's an experimental 8070. Why would it have a serial number of 1600 which would be in the middle of the 8070 run ? Maybe that is when the 8095 project was started ? Without the extension of the frame and the sheet metal you really have nothing. Hunleys have the long frame, and the komotsu motor in it. As far as l know. No one got any of the transmission that was coming out in the 8095. Mark would know more then any of us on here.

When Don passed away OAN had a article about the collection, it said that the rear end, transmission and cab were well used from the testing so he put stuff off an 8070 on it. I think the article said he kept the pieces but not for sure. The only thing left on that tractor is the front end and tires.

-------------
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Daehler Daehler wrote:

When Don passed away OAN had a article about the collection, it said that the rear end, transmission and cab were well used from the testing so he put stuff off an 8070 on it. I think the article said he kept the pieces but not for sure. The only thing left on that tractor is the front end and tires.

So it's just an 8070 , that was used in testing,when they were developing the 8095 ?

-------------

Posted By: acben20
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 1:49pm
Seen it at hutch show in 2003 it's just a normal 8070 with a 8095 front axle stuffed under it that they found laying around some where.. It's a $30,000 tractor with well we will find out how much the axle is worth lol.. I'd he had the rest of the parts you would think they would sell with it.. In my eye it's just a 8095 replica..

Posted By: JimIA
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:22pm
Actually its the rear end that is different. Look at the rear wheels, much different form in the cast centers. It also has two dipsticks coming out of the back(one might be a different fill tube). As far as I understand the 8095s had a heavier rear end and a heavier power director transmission. This one has since had a power shift installed.

Im hoping Mark will chime in, he is the one here who for sure knows what he is talking about when it comes to these tractors.

One thing I can guarantee, you would have the only one if you bought it!

Jim

-------------
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth

Posted By: 427435
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:26pm

I'm not sure what that tractor is.  The FWA axle isn't in the normal 8070 location, but that's about all I can tell from the photo.  People have moved the FWA forward on the stock tractors.  We did have some 8070 test FWD tractors, but their axles were in stock locations.  It could be parts of an 8095 prototype, but their frames were built longer (no extension) and the axles were set back more than that tractor.   

If I remember right, we ran the test 8070 FWA tractors longer and didn't release that option with the original 8000 release.  Could be one of those test tractors.

One thing for sure, we never made up decals that said "Experimental" on them, so hard telling what all that tractor is pieced together from.   LOL

-------------
Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.

Posted By: TREVMAN
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:30pm
If you look at the pic real close and then at the next 8070 mfwd, it appears the front axle is set farther ahead, may also be heavier. Trev.

Posted By: 45 turboa-
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:07pm
Go to machinery Pete he is interveiwing Fanettis farm manager he talks about all of the tractors.

-------------
turbocharged

Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:14pm
For sure, if they would have released a 200 HP FWA 8095, the front axle needed to be beefier than the axle they were currently using. It was pretty maxxed out at the 170 HP level for most applications.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:01pm

Yes, the FWA was heavier than on the other 8000 Series.  The 8095 (really 9025 Smile) would have been PD only tractors using the tranny developed for the 8550/4W305.  I went back and looked at the pictures again-------------this tractor has a PS so it was not an 8095 prototype

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:01pm
Looks to me like it has heavier final drives as well. The top picture is the "Experimental" rear end, the other is the other 8070 on the auction.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:11pm
Jim we have a late 8070 with the heavy final drives and the same factory 42 cast wheel centers I think there was a serial number break for the final drives. Ours also have longer fram along the motor and the front axle is moved 18" forward.. Looks factory

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:27pm
Just looked at ours and it has the filler neck moved and a factory delet cover like this one too..

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm

The 8095 prototypes had the 7080 and earlier 8070 final drives---------nothing special about them.

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: hillmonkey
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
which one will sell for more, the FWD 220 or the 8070EXP? I will guess the 220.
I want the 185,4W220,4W305 so dont bid on those please,HAHA. Surprised there no 190s also.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:49pm
So just as l thought. Its nothing more then an 8070. The front axle location means absolutely nothing. Have seen several moved forward.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:50pm
Maybe it had the prototype 18-speed Power Shift ?? Same PST but with a 3-speed range transmission. I know it was in the works.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

Maybe it had the prototype 18-speed Power Shift ?? Same PST but with a 3-speed range transmission. I know it was in the works.

I bailed out the end of 1984 and understood that was stopped by Deutz before it was prototyped.

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: LB0442
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:04pm
Here is a link to the machinery pete video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6SF36fVAo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6SF36fVAo

In the video the shop foreman talks about the tractors and speaking of the 8070 experimental he said they built it with a bunch of parts they got from AC, and they moved the front axle 10" forward.  From that I guess it was more of an experiment on their part, not a prototype unit.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:18pm
Head scratcher for sure. I have never seen an 8000 series with factory 42 inch wheels, so those cast rears may be right? The serial number and age of the tractor don't make it a late production tractor and yet it looks like it has the wide planetary gears plus the fill tube for the rear end is moved. I don't see any advantage to that? The front axle is certainly different, Hyd. cylinder with a tapered ball joint,they needed that, king pin caps, they needed that also,and even the tie rod is different,upside down. Another minor thing is that the fuel tank breather hose clamps are a worm gear design, I don't think that is correct. I will say that it does have the late Allis frame ty paint job. That was embarrassing back in the day.

Posted By: Joe Graunke
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:26pm
The rear end has 8095-4 stamped in it.
Joe

-------------

Posted By: jiminnd
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:36pm
Ihave a neighbor with 8070 with 42 in duals I believe are factory original.

-------------
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Joe Graunke Joe Graunke wrote:

The rear end has 8095-4 stamped in it.
Joe

Why does it say in the sale bill. It's serial number 16xx 8070 ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:44pm
I have a 8070 with 42" cast centers. The wide planataries would match a 1600 serial number

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm

There is a picture of the shift levers showing it to just be the two speed.  I have often wondered if they could have put a third range in them and put clutch packs on the three ranges how it would have worked for a full 18 speed powershift.  Im thinking it would be a neck snapper but I wouldnt know for sure.  Hate to say it but IH had a great transmission with the 18 speed countershaft powershift.  Still  being used today in blue and red tractors.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:14pm
Aren't the wide planetaries only used on the early 8070 two wheel drives?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by JimIA JimIA wrote:

There is a picture of the shift levers showing it to just be the two speed.  I have often wondered if they could have put a third range in them and put clutch packs on the three ranges how it would have worked for a full 18 speed powershift.  Im thinking it would be a neck snapper but I wouldnt know for sure.  Hate to say it but IH had a great transmission with the 18 speed countershaft powershift.  Still  being used today in blue and red tractors.

The 3-speed range wasn't going to be power shiftable (barely room to get the 3rd range in let alone clutch packs).  It would have been shifted similar to the way the 2-speed range was shifted.  The middle range would have gone from about 3.5 mph to 12 mph or so.  Thus, you wouldn't have had to do any clutch shifting once in the field as all normal field speeds would have been in that one range. 

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Lynn Marshall Lynn Marshall wrote:

Aren't the wide planetaries only used on the early 8070 two wheel drives?

Yes.The FWA's used the 8050 rears and ser#2662 they went to narrow (8050) rears on 2WD 8070's. Mines 30XX 2WD with narrow finals.Norm's book says testing proved they didn't need the wide ones but maybe the truth is they used up all the leftover 7080 finals?

Posted By: tbran
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:49pm
Joe Heofle  (SP?)  who I think was project engineer in the ps  toyed with the idea of putting a pd in front of the power shift. ... never made it much more off the table napkin sketch ... that would have been a side shift of the ps lever in each 6 gears....

-------------
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by tbran tbran wrote:

Joe Heofle  (SP?)  who I think was project engineer in the ps  toyed with the idea of putting a pd in front of the power shift. ... never made it much more off the table napkin sketch ... that would have been a side shift of the ps lever in each 6 gears....

Putting either tranny in front of the other would have killed the 2nd tranny due to the large increase in torque being delivered.

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: Burgie
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 4:55am
If you want to know about the 8095`s talk to Everitt Hunley.

-------------
"Burgie"

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:41am
Originally posted by 427435 427435 wrote:

Putting either tranny in front of the other would have killed the 2nd tranny due to the large increase in torque being delivered.
That would depend on engineering to work out.......right? Wink

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:13am

Originally posted by JimIA JimIA wrote:

The 3-speed range wasn't going to be power shiftable (barely room to get the 3rd range in let alone clutch packs).  It would have been shifted similar to the way the 2-speed range was shifted.  The middle range would have gone from about 3.5 mph to 12 mph or so.  Thus, you wouldn't have had to do any clutch shifting once in the field as all normal field speeds would have been in that one range. 

Yeah, I knew it was going to be a manual shift, that's just my "speculating" you could say. Like many others on here I keep wondering on what could have been. Thanks again for all the work you did on these fine tractors Mark.

Jim

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:31am
I've posted this before, but as a reminder for what an 8095/9025 really looked like:

Those are 20.8-42 rear tires.  The test people referred to the tractor as Big Foot!!.  Wink

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

That would depend on engineering to work out.......right? Wink

Anything is possible (given enough time and money, an 8070 could be put on the moon).  However, some things aren't practical.  The PS was already at it's limits for torque capability in the 8070.  Smile

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: victoryallis
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Burgie Burgie wrote:

Isn't he dead?   If he ain't dead he certainly doesn't answer his phone or return calls.

-------------
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Originally posted by Burgie Burgie wrote:

Isn't he dead?   If he ain't dead he certainly doesn't answer his phone or return calls.

He is a snowbird now. Goes to Florida for the winter

-------------

Posted By: Krazy Karl
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:32pm
It's something they put together. Check out machinery pete on you tune allis collection. The hire man talks about most of the pieces

Posted By: Orange Blood
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Krazy Karl Krazy Karl wrote:

It's something they put together. Check out machinery pete on you tune allis collection. The hire man talks about most of the pieces

Yeah, I watched the video, and 'Ol Pete, kinda acts like a used car salesman during that specific conversation.  He keeps repeating the "experimental" when the farm manager clearly states its just a Hodge Podge of parts they had around, or bought from Allis.  Nothing truly experimental about it.  Never assembled by Allis, never tested by Allis, never known to Allis per se.  Maybe it has one of the 8095 rear ends in it, maybe it doesn't.  

Heck, we have hundreds of 70xx series pieces laying around, maybe I could "Put one together" and call it an experimental also, and stir up a big internet buzz!!  LOLLOLLOL 

-------------
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Orange Blood Orange Blood wrote:

Originally posted by Krazy Karl Krazy Karl wrote:

It's something they put toget8095sr. Check out machinery pete on you tune allis collection. The hire man talks about most of the pieces

Yeah, I watched the video, and 'Ol Pete, kinda acts like a used car salesman during that specific conversation.  He keeps repeating the "experimental" when the farm manager clearly states its just a Hodge Podge of parts they had around, or bought from Allis.  Nothing truly experimental about it.  Never assembled by Allis, never tested by Allis, never known to Allis per se.  Maybe it has one of the 8095 rear ends in it, maybe it doesn't.  

Heck, we have hundreds of 70xx series pieces laying around, maybe I could "Put one together" and call it an experimental also, and stir up a big internet buzz!!  LOLLOLLOL 

The front axle and the back wheels is the experimental parts from the 8095 and maybe the rear differential but rest is pieces put together.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:10pm

The back wheels weren't experimental.  They were being released for the 8000 series in general.

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: tbran
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:16pm
my post didn't come out right, I meant Joe mentioned putting a PD two speed clutch and reduction gear set as a 'splitter' input to the power shift.  Not the whole tranny.  Enough room w/o much stretch.

-------------
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:32am
I searched the sige front axle in Europe where I buy tractors and found the same axle this 8095 replica has on it.. Sige is a very common fwd axle over the pond and no they didn't just make a axle for Allis Chalmers.. Allis bought the axles from them over seas for the 8000 series.. It is avalible for 2800 euro.. Used. My guess is they found a axle and got it to fit.. The other 8095 hunnly bros have is totally different yet then this one on the auction. I just hope some one doesn't pay big money for what in my eyes is a replica!! If they do I will have to ship over a few axles and get building.. Lol just my 2 cents

Posted By: ac45
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:49am
Everett Huntley would be the one to clear up what's what . If I remember correctly the 8095 rear end is the 8070 2wd rear end big axles coupled to the power director of one of the big 4wds ( maybe the 4w305). The frame on the 8095 is longer and there is an extra sheet metal piece in front of the cab to account for this. I'm not sure on the front axle but it sounds as if you could build the 8095 drive train from existing parts.

Posted By: Burgie
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 4:13am
Try Everitt at 812-595-1295.

-------------
"Burgie"

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 8:00am
Originally posted by acben20 acben20 wrote:

I searched the sige front axle in Europe where I buy tractors and found the same axle this 8095 replica has on it.. Sige is a very common fwd axle over the pond and no they didn't just make a axle for Allis Chalmers.. Allis bought the axles from them over seas for the 8000 series.. It is avalible for 2800 euro.. Used. My guess is they found a axle and got it to fit.. The other 8095 hunnly bros have is totally different yet then this one on the auction. I just hope some one doesn't pay big money for what in my eyes is a replica!! If they do I will have to ship over a few axles and get building.. Lol just my 2 cents

I wouldn't call it a replica either. A replica would be a totally made up machine. This does have the serial number. Not waying that makes it worth more. Watch the Machinery Pete video, the guy says it basically came in pile and they put it together with what they had. He also mentions moving the front axle ahead. People are going to pay what they want to pay. Remember that "model H" a few years ago? Case and point.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 8:02am
Anyone have any information on the Komatsu engine that was to be used in the 8095? Was it a new model or was it being used in other applications?

Posted By: tornado8070
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:02am
Lynn I have asked that question several times on the forum. I could never get a engine model number.

-------------
09’ DT205B, 08’ DT220A, 83' 8070 MFWD, 83’ 8070 85’ 8050 MFWD, 83' 8030, 82' 8010, 85’ 6080 MFWD, 84’ 6080, 79' 7020, 85' M3 RWD, 85' 920 diesel,AC C-50 forklift.

Posted By: DougS
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:28am
It would be nice to know which engines would bolt in directly.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:31am
Lynn, and Brad. Call that number Burgie put on. Everett,and Brian have 2 8095s. They have the komotsu in one of them. This is nothing special at all. We will see how stupid people are on this one. Everett and Brian are going to sell one of , if not both of the 8095s they have. If your ever down there stop in and see them, won't find nicer guys. But you better have your drinking shoes on !!!!!

-------------

Posted By: DSeries4
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:31am
Norm's book mentioned a 673 cubic inch Komatsu.  

-------------
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080

Posted By: DougS
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:00am
The Komatsu 6D125 series has 674 cubic inches. It is 300+ HP.

Posted By: DougG
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:46am
Drinking shoes on,,,,,,, lets go !

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:09am
IG I never asked the details on the komatsu but I priced the 8095! We may have to form a syndicate to own one! And drink till someone falls of the table....which will probly be myself! Lmao

-------------
09’ DT205B, 08’ DT220A, 83' 8070 MFWD, 83’ 8070 85’ 8050 MFWD, 83' 8030, 82' 8010, 85’ 6080 MFWD, 84’ 6080, 79' 7020, 85' M3 RWD, 85' 920 diesel,AC C-50 forklift.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:19am
Was figuring I needed a 4W220 8095 and the 6070 last built to complete my collection! Hope my lotto ticket hits soon!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:05pm

The more I think about this tractor, the more I think it is a con job.  The special, custom decal they had made is one part of it.  Nor do I know why the Proving Grounds would have stamped 8095-4 on the rear end-----------it was a stock 7080/8070 rear end from production.  There was no need to stamp anything on it.

It is just an amalgamation of parts pieced together---------kind of like a junk yard special. 

I wonder what the wiring and plumbing look like?  Shocked

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by DSeries4 DSeries4 wrote:

Norm's book mentioned a 673 cubic inch Komatsu.  

The engine that was in the prototypes was (I believe) 643 cubic inches.  As is common with engine builders, that grew to 673 cubic inches at some later date.  At 225 pto hp, it was derated quite a bit, but it sure had torque back-up!!!  Clap

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:15pm
I talked to Brian this morning, he said the rear end and transmission should be out of the 8095. Everything else is an 8070 so I was wrong on the front axle being off the 8095. If the transmission is a powershift like the pictures show then its been changed at some time.
To mark on the serial, I know the gleaner side labeled the experimental test machines. The Test R50s had N4 for them seven were produced with that

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:48pm
If special numbers were put on prototypes, they would most likely have been in the same area as production SN's.

-------------
Mark

GTH-L Simplicity

Posted By: Peterson
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:49am
I'd like to know what else that front axle was used on. Guessing some tractor across the pond.

-------------
7095-685I at 255hp, 8070-225HP,8050-210Hp,8030 with 155HP,220 with 670T engine with A-pump, 7580, 185 with 140HP, 2-6080's,6070, S4 D17,wd45,CA,st34 agco, S1 D17 with 3500MK2

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:13am
The N-4 (and N-3) combines had probably been tested somewhat with A-C engines on them. Then, when Deutz owned the company, they got retrofitted for the air-cooled engines. I went thru a Plant tour in Summer of 1985 ?? and saw an area with the 70inch processor being fabbed up and a cardboard sign said "N-4". Our Tour Guide hollered at me to stay out of that area !!

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:20pm
So seen the 8070 experimental today. The rear end is stamped 8095. Doesn't have any other serial numbers stamped. The original rear end fill is plugged and welded or brazed shut, and a different fill on the left hand side top welded or brazed to the casting with a dip stick. The front axle and pivot are completely different from the original axles. Otherwise the rest of the tractor is 8070.

-------------
7095-685I at 255hp, 8070-225HP,8050-210Hp,8030 with 155HP,220 with 670T engine with A-pump, 7580, 185 with 140HP, 2-6080's,6070, S4 D17,wd45,CA,st34 agco, S1 D17 with 3500MK2

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:30pm
http://s460.photobucket.com/user/17cumminsboy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160820_124452_zpsysozrl79.jpg.html" rel="nofollow"> No other serial numbers here.

http://s460.photobucket.com/user/17cumminsboy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160820_124443_zpsln9cksda.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
Stamped 8095.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:21pm
The serial is in the right place for the 8095. :) Is the tractor number 1002? Looks like it from the picture. I wish I had the money cause that tractor is calling my name. Bout the only thing that makes it worth anything more is those numbers stamped in it.

-------------

Posted By: GreenOrange
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 8:36pm
I saw the same thing.  It is stamped 8095FSN1002, so I'm assuming the 2nd of the 4 prototypes built.  They seemed to be pretty open, describing it for what it is - the remains of an 8095 that they built into an 8070.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net