This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

price of beans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: price of beans
    Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 2:33am
What is good price to sell soybeans.  Price in  east central KS is about $13.50  Or should I wait a month expecting a price increase.   I  would like to sell this year because income  tax would be negible  (sp)
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 5:57am
Can you afford to loose money if the price goes down, If you're making money at the 13.50 price If it was me I would be selling and if you've more bushels then need to break even I may sell enough to break even and play with the rest of the bushels, as you know it is always a gamble.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:33am
It's hard to believe with the amount of the US that had drought conditions or excess rain that the final numbers come in as a big crop. Although we have had some good yields here not all of them are good. I don't think the market is going to show that till early next year. The only way the market would rise sooner is with some other outside news.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:35am
$13.50 plus your (13.9%?) income tax rate would add up to $15.38 for 2023.
Of course if you wait until 2024 & get 15.38, but then pay your income tax rate, you’re back to 13.50.
But If in 2024, you only get 13.50, then after tax you’re at 11.85 !!

Edited by AC7060IL - 20 Nov 2023 at 7:41am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 8:11am
I'm sitting on about 90% of my bean crop until after the first of the year. Corn, I would like top sell some so the storage bill isn't so high. Ordered new tires for the 856 Saturday, that will help with some of the tax problem!

My wonderful sister kind of put me on a financial roller coaster the last couple years. She's completely out of the picture now so at least things should level out!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by DanWi DanWi wrote:

It's hard to believe with the amount of the US that had drought conditions or excess rain that the final numbers come in as a big crop. Although we have had some good yields here not all of them are good. I don't think the market is going to show that till early next year. The only way the market would rise sooner is with some other outside news.

This has always been ‘burr under my saddle’ when it comes to crop reports, how truly accurate are the numbers. When the USDA gets involved, even the Man upstairs doesn’t know what is right. I don’t fully trust Chip Flory either.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 20 Nov 2023 at 10:17am
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 1:51pm
Thanks for all the comments   I'm going to wait a month and hopefully get a little price increase.  
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 1:58pm
Have been past MULTIPLE Grain Storage facilities over the last weeks, ALL so far have returned to aggregate EXTERIOR Storage of Corn and Beans bins are Choke Full, "awaiting a Rise in prices or will sit and rot where lays" by those that cultivated said crop.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 4:35pm
It all depends on whether the bean price increases faster than the money is being printed...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:22am
Today January 10, 2024, before opening, Soybean cash price locally is $12.28. St Louis River Terminal cash price is $12.73.

Brazil/Argentina expects record yields despite weather?? China soybean crush levels are at low demand.

Did you sell at $13.50 last November?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:48am
I don't know commodity prices at all as don't farm. I do however drive a hopper bottom trailer during harvest for my cousin being my only involvement. During harvest I filled two bins with beans and three with corn. They raise cattle so I know where the corn goes, but don't with the beans. When the price is "up" does a guy unload the bin and then take it to the elevator or a terminal? May sound a dumb question but I've never seen that part of his operation at all. 

Kind of wondered from time to time why some use bins, some don't and they remain empty. The implement dealer I help out has some property with five bins they used for years and now go straight to the elevator. I don't know why they ceased using them but the elevator is close proximity and expanded greatly when taken over by Akron Services from local ownership.

Several local farmers have told me they'd hire me to haul grain if I was to purchase a trailer as they know I do this during cousin's harvest. If work is available for my truck basically year round I may consider it.     
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 9:31am
No bean storage here so hauled straight to the elevator from field and storage fees didn’t math out. Probably best to have let them go then? Always a crap shoot it seems. Am holding some corn but who knows. Certainly not me and not wise enough to play the games I read about
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic