This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power director?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power director?
    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm
It’s time to spread poultry litter again and thinking about hitching it up to the 7060 so I’ll at least be out of the wind and cold. Just got a question as I’ll be in and out of the tractor a lot so I’ll be taking it in and out of gear a lot and was wondering if it would hurt anything if I just take the range leaver and put it in park and leave the speed transmission in gear so I could hop in take it out of park then into low and away we go

Edited by AllisandGleaner - 27 Nov 2021 at 4:46pm
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:23pm
Won't hurt a thing, but it's usually easier to shift the range into gear first and then the main trans second.
AllisandGleaner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm
Gotcha doc and like you said I have noticed that the range seems a little harder to find once the speed trans is in gear
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:13pm
Exactly. Range first. 5-speed second for best results.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:23am
For best results with the range tranny, always shift from park into HIGH first and then pull the lever back into LOW range. This helps with the small cable allowing it to release to change gates. Just an old habit that works better than PARK to LOW.
AllisandGleaner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:53am
Got you I’ll take that advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic