This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Planting beans in crp ground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planting beans in crp ground
    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 12:25am
I stopped by moms farm today. Our new renter planted beans yesterday. These beans are bright red. Anybody have any experience with these. No its not a coating on the seed. I came by his place today they were working cattle. I didn't want to stop or call him.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 4:27am
Big Tom
Sorry to say it is a coating, my boss plants a strain similar that has a bright red color and I asked. The beans will still be yellow at harvest.
Found this for ya:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNpuBd9EeU
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:00am
Treated beans
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 11:52am
Them red treated beans can handle some undesirable conditions and still grow. They are not prone to swelling and dying from lack of moisture like the untreated ones. You can plant them way too early and they don't rot.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 12:26pm
you can plant beans in CRP ground ???
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

you can plant beans in CRP ground ???
I'm guessing he means first year out of CRP?
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 4:09pm
If nothing else if the contract hasn’t expired, just don’t get caught.

Kinda reminds me of a hired man I had that loved to bow hunt. We drove by a grove of trees that the guy that owned it never let anyone go in on and would call the sheriff if he caught anyone. My helper asked who’s ground it was so I told him and he asked if he could hunt it. I said sure that’s no problem. A couple of weeks later he had game cams and stands installed and I think feeding them too, anyways one morning before work he was checking his cams and a neighbor pulled up and asked him what he was doing and he told him. The neighbor said oh chit if you get caught in there he’ll call the law. So my helper hurriedly picked up his stands and cams and came rushing to work. When he saw me he asked if I knew if he had got caught the law would have been called. I told him if he got caught that just meant that he hunted TO LONG!!!!
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 11:05am
Back when I was just a little kids and the Soil Bank Program was the land retirement plan of the USA. One neighbor that had no interest in farming/ranching but who's parents said here run this ranch it of nice 800 acres.  He was very pleased to sign his 300++ tillable acres up. But kept all the cows to graze the other 500 acres. But did not worry about fence maintenances so his cows routinely grazed the Soil Bank land. After many letters from the USDA he finally built a new corral so he could ship all the cattle out. First he was talked about as how much grazing he got away with, and latter how much he spent on a corral for only a one time use. But he got to spend all his time connecting wire in the early electronics and communications world for the US government, which was his real talent. Wink But in the New World Order maybe you can grow and harvest a crop of soybean from CRP acres. LOL

Wink And a very good corral it is. Back in 18 the current owner of corral bought new 2x10 boards that replace the ones from 196?. About 85% of the railroad ties where still solid.

Edited by Ray54 - 08 Jun 2022 at 11:10am
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:48am
cant plant anything NOT in govt guidelines on crp ground! (leagaly anyway)
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

cant plant anything NOT in govt guidelines on crp ground! (leagaly anyway)
Wink  The grazing was no permitted but easier to pretend a letter to the property own took care of it. LOL Early from of don't look, it will be alright.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic