This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pit boss pellet grill reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brampton 02 gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pit boss pellet grill reviews
    Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:48pm
I really want a Traeger pellet grill but a pit boss brand is in the budget (free with credit card points at a store called Canadian Tire.). The reviews are pretty mixed. Just wondering if anybody has one?
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:39pm
I know a lot of people that have different kinds of pellet grills....me? nope, ain't gonna happen here. pellets are way to expensive, and if you don't keep the grill free of pellets when not in use, the pellets will draw moisture and then won't burn well if they'll burn at all. so that means i'd hafta clean out all the pellets after each use. gas grill...just shut it off, charcoal grill...just let it burn out, wood grill...same as charcoal. they will be ready right away for next use. a cop friend of mine bought a new treager grill and had that problem of the pellets swelling from aborbing moisture, said it was a real PITA to clean out. and then supper was late for him and his company. he kept it under the deck next to the house. now he has to keep it in the house or clean it all out. I had forgot a bag of burning/heating pellets out in the car port last year, and over the summer even in the plastic bag they absorbed enough moisture to split open the bag, and it was over twice the size. and now I see they sell pellets for animal bedding...so you know it's gonna suck up urine. another buddy has a treager, and we were over for burgers one night, I think it took about 45 minutes to cook the burgers. well it took enough time for us all to sip down 2-3 beers before they were ready.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 6:11am
A friend of mine just got a pit boss, and he loves it. We were over to his place for supper a couple weeks ago, and he cooked up some pork chops on it. Think they were done in a half hour, and they were good.
Shameless, are you sure that you guys just didn't forget to turn the grill on, in order to have time to drink a few beers. ...?
Darrel
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 7:02am
I have Yoder Pellet grill and love it, I researched for several months before I purchased.  Yoder is expensive but it is built in Kansas with actual plate steel not sheet metal.  I store mine on a screened porch, it can not get directly rained on but can draw moisture and I have never had a problem with pellets.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 8:10am
yeah Darrel, they burgers was already cooking when we arrived, and we had plenty of time to drinks them beers. I sipped mine, and the temp showed good on the digital readout. them burgers was about a little over a 1/2 inch thick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic