This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures from the Jacksonville, IL Steam Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures from the Jacksonville, IL Steam Show
    Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:56pm
A few pictures from the Jacksonville, IL steam show this weekend. I went out Friday before the big rain storm and took a lot of pics, then went back Saturday morning for the tractor pull.

There was actually a really good turn out of tractors, but I think a lot of them didn't show up early on Friday so my pics don't really reflect it well.

Tractor pull got going about 2 hours late due to needing to work the track down after yesterday's pouring rain, but it was a fun time.

Trying to get what little video I took of the tractor pull uploaded. Will post in this thread later with a youtube link when I get done.
Sponsored Links

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:11pm
Good pics. Thanks for sharing
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:45pm
jacksonville was always a good show.. I have not been for the last few years. Use to go every year for 30 years.. When they bought the ground, put up the permanent buildings , barn, and cover for the saw mill, things really started to grow.  Always had a big flea market , food... and of course the Museum !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:59pm
Got some tractor pull video up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1c3B14FG0

ACinSC -- You're welcome!

steve (ill) -- Always was fun when I was a kid, riding the train and checking out the tractors. 2002 gathering of the orange there was really cool. It's definitely shrunk in size the last few years, but it seemed much nicer this weekend than the past couple of years. There's some neat stuff tucked away in those permanent buildings!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 4:41pm
One of the Kirk Bros posted this to facebook; guess a guy on a Case was able to balance it!

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:05am
I was wondering what that platform thing was in pic with Allis on it. That would be very tricky to do. Imagine nodding head fwd could mess it up.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:25pm
I was there when they had a GOTO there.  I guess I didn't realize it was 20 years ago?!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:33pm
SteveM C/IL -- Indeed, pretty neat. I'm sure it'd be a nightmare with a worn out clutch and iffy brakes. Heck, even people with good ones seemed to struggle. Wonder what the secret is.

Brian F(IL) -- Heck yeah, 2002, I was at that one as well... Have some old photos in an album. Lots of really neat stuff there that year, back when they still had tractors in the valley by the train station instead of on the flat inside the entrance gate.

Oh yeah, a guy was vending some A/C stuff (he was here last year and he said he used to be a parts guy that traveled the Illinois region) and I picked this up.

Edited by garden_guy - 29 Sep 2022 at 7:35pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 4:34pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 7:35pm
Thanks steve(ill); I swapped mine out for the resized pic.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 8:47pm
Enjoyed looking at your pictures. Thanks for posting.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:39pm
You're most welcome Dan!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic