This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pics & Results-Auction With Allis A And Others

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics & Results-Auction With Allis A And Others
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
Yesterday I and a friend attended the Beckner auction near Marshfield,MO...It was a nice day and there was a large crowd..

The A Allis sold for $6,900...
The WF Allis sold for $2,800...

The IB Allis sold for $2,100

The M Allis sold for $2,000..The Cat 10 beside it sold for $5,000...

Heres some other AC results..

G Allis ----$3,050
G Allis with cultivator---$1,300-not complete
Early WC on rear steel---$450
Nice early WC on rubber----$1,000
Decent early WC-----$900
Nice CA Allis------$850
Nice C Allis-----$900
Early WC on full steel----$500
Allis 35 Crawler----$800

Edited by 180Puller - 25 Nov 2018 at 4:15pm
Sponsored Links

Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:39pm
Thanks for posting the results! I was really tempted to go, but had other irons in the fire. It looks like most things went out of my price range anyway. I probably would have made the WC on steel bring more one way or another, but didnt need that either... Thanks again for sharing
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 6:59am
How about the 35 crawler, was it running? The WF looked nice.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
180Puller View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:40am
I think that the motor was stuck on the 35 crawler?? You can see it in the bottom picture to the left of the 10 Cat...They started none of the tractors on sale day but lots of them had ran just a few years ago..Most of the better ones had been in the huge shed that you can see in a couple of the pictures..

Edited by 180Puller - 26 Nov 2018 at 8:42am
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:04am
So they SOLD non running tractors !!!!
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:07am
Yeah not a good money maker for the seller, what an auction company
180Puller View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Yeah not a good money maker for the seller, what an auction company

From what I heard it was kind of a spur of the moment sale....They barely had time to pull things out of the shed..In fact some items were still in the shed..Even though they weren't running I wouldn't have been scared of any of the restored tractors..The late owner took good care of them..

In my area antique tractor prices have been depressed for several years..Lots of us at the sale thought that things sold pretty good except for a couple of the tractors..Several thought that the A Allis was cheap at $6900 but just a month ago the running A at Lawson,MO sold for $2,000..

The cheapest tractor at the sale was the 8-16 IH at $8,700..In 2012 I watched a 8-16 IH sell for $40K in Nebraska which was a crazy price..The 12-20 Case at Marshfield sold for $10,400 which is about the going price..

Edited by 180Puller - 26 Nov 2018 at 12:44pm
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm
I bought the Cat 10 and also the Allis C.
Went back on Saturday and pick up the Allis C.
We pulled it on my trailer.
Got home and check the oil and push the starter in surprised the C start right up and drove off the trailer.

The auction company did a good job of selling in my opinion.
Let the bidder set the price and moved along at good pace.

Lot of the nicer tractors sold higher than I have seen at the bigger name auction company's.
The 8- 16 was one exception.

Edited by Richardmo - 26 Nov 2018 at 4:31pm
180Puller View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Richardmo Richardmo wrote:

I bought the Cat 10 and also the Allis C.
Went back on Saturday and pick up the Allis C.
We pulled it on my trailer.
Got home and check the oil and push the starter in surprised the C start right up and drove off the trailer.

The auction company did a good job of selling in my opinion.
Let the bidder set the price and moved along at good pace.

Lot of the nicer tractors sold higher than I have seen at the bigger name auction company's.
The 8- 16 was one exception.

Lots of us thought that the auction company did a real good job...I had never been to one of their sales...I thought that we would be lucky to get out of there by dark but there was plenty of daylight left when the auction was over..If no one bid at $2,000 they quickly dropped to $500 and the bidding took off..They didn't beg for very long..You'd better bid or you weren't going to get it....Most people knew that the restored tractors would run with very little work as Jim took care of them..

I've been to sales where this 30 Cockshutt would have been lucky to sell for $1,000 and it sold for $2,300..

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 5:35pm
howdy neighbors
HD3
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:21pm
How many tractors were in the sale and was there other machinery sold?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
180Puller View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

How many tractors were in the sale and was there other machinery sold?

Probably about 70 tractors and crawlers and quite a few implements-trucks-parts-etc...It was a large sale..The family kept a steam engine and some of the tractors ...They were across the road and elsewhere..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic