This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked this up today ,D 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picked this up today ,D 10
    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:05pm

Less then 15 miles away . 

Opinion's  and comments  always welcome .

PTO driven pump runs drive motor for mower .Very neat set up .

S/N  9496   1966 series 3

Edited by Fred in Pa - 25 Nov 2020 at 7:23pm
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm
Fred you find the neatest tractors. That is the first narrow front D10 I have ever seen. Was it a mower for a school? Are you going to sell it or add it to your collection?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm
Does it run?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:54pm

CA front end on tractor ,   guy that had it only got it because family owed him money and ask if he would take tractor .The old man that owed it had passed a few years ago. I  got to get it running .Guy I got it from just wanted to move it on. 
nonetheless ,still dead.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:56pm
looks good!
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:57pm
what did you pay?

Needs rear tires. 
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 9:30pm
Fred,  You find the most unique equipment.  Narrow front D-10.  That must be the only one out there.  Looks like it is not too bad.  Will be very unusual and draw a lot of attention.   Very good job with the front end.  You know, it looks original.  
Fred,  As I said before you find the damdest things.  That three point hitch is really great.  Is that an original Allis Chalmers set up?  I only sold the Series I.  
You know, I can never see you name that I think of Uncle Bill.  What a wonderful man.  Was a real delight to know even if it was for a short time.
Good Luck!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Bill Long

Edited by Bill Long - 26 Nov 2020 at 3:25pm
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 11:57pm
That would look good next to my sfw d12
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:50am
Where does the battery go now?
What is all the bracing for on the left fender outside?
Funny place to stick the tool box.

Was the mower controlled by a valve that varied the speed? Seems to be a large volume of oil for that application but I guess heat was concern.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:52am
Ah I see, they stuck the battery outside the left fender
No lift control on the deck?
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:47am
Here is the lift ,works off 3 point valve .

Edited by Fred in Pa - 26 Nov 2020 at 8:17am
nonetheless ,still dead.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:54am
That is an early C front end with the short arm on the steering. I'll bet the geometry makes it turn very sharp. That actually looks more like something factory done than when the long arm units are used.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
PaulRoidt(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRoidt(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:24am
Neat Tractor Fred.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Bill Long Bill Long wrote:

Fred,  You find the most unique equipment.  Narrow front D-10.  That must be the only one out there.  Looks like it is not too bad.  Will be very unusual and draw a lot of attention.   Very good job with the front end.  You know, it looks original.  
Fred,  As I said before you find the damdest things.  That three point hitch is really great.  Is that an original Allis Chalmers set up?  I only sold the Series I.  
You know, I can never see you name that I do not think of Uncle Bill.  What a wonderful man.  Was a real delight to know even if it was for a short time.
Good Luck!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Bill Long

Known Fred and Bill for a good number of years great fellows.Uncle Bill as we all called him was definitely
a special person.Wife and I were talking about him the the other day.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:59am
Hi LO Range sure makes a nice addition 

nonetheless ,still dead.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:13am
Mower deck is Aluminum ,never rust out . 
Its not cracked  or busted up . 

Edited by Fred in Pa - 26 Nov 2020 at 8:16am
nonetheless ,still dead.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:25am
Got extra set of name plates to go on tractor .Just need colors changed 

nonetheless ,still dead.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:01am
That does look sharp as a nerrow front. Wounder how good the mower works. Not sure you would want to be out on hot days though sitting on hot hyd oil. Or bumpy field with out some kinda seat suspension

Edited by Mikez - 26 Nov 2020 at 9:05am
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:05am
I like the narrow front. Looks like a half scale D15-D17. It would be a fun little chore tractor. Tom
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
That one NICE tractor and mower. I like the hydraulic drive, but I would need LOTS of padding on that seat. Congratulations, Fred, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:33am
Fred, this is becoming a habit, you just gonna post a new D10 ya bought every couple years or so now?
We had a sign in our high school locker room that stated, " Good luck is the result of hard work."  Finding this stuff is no accident, good job man!
Maximum use of available resources!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:51am
Real nice!!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
     Quite a nice find. Never saw a mower run with a hydraulic motor like that. Looks like a good idea. Is that a factory set up?
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:35am
That's awesome Fred.  That's got about every neat thing a guy could want on a tractor.  Good catch!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 12:29pm
Congrats Fred! I would drive that! Good pictures! I like narrow front tractors too. They could have sold a bunch of these!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:39pm
Fred

Did they tell you if the Optional TorqueTube Gears were set up as a 2 speed gear box, OR as a Reverser like an I-40?

Gary
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:47pm
As stated above , guy I got it from  , got it from the family of previous owner .They knew nothing about tractor .My guess its a high - low as they where only available in series 3 . 

I will not know until I have tractor running .
nonetheless ,still dead.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:57am
Unique and a Series III to boot !  Second NF conversion that I've seen.  Cool 

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 9:11am
  Thanks for all ? n input .   As I do not need a mowing tractor and all the PM's about what I was going to do with this .Well IT's  now  SOLD  to Forum member . Thanks to all, 
nonetheless ,still dead.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:13pm
Ah man,,,,I knew I should have asked!! Didn’t think you would have sold it until you had it running at least. I wont hesitate again darn it. Lesson learned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic