This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Persian Orange paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Persian Orange paint
    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:57am
I have to do a little touch up.  I  have never seen any persian orange paint spray cans and I wondered where everybody found the cans.  I would appreciate any and all recommendations concerning where to find and which is the best.  Thanks a lot,

Billy Ray
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:29am
Here our orscheln , rural king,buchheits & tractor supply most times has at least one of the three Persian oranges Allis used, I lean towards Van Sickle. Allis used Persian orange #1,, Persian orange # 2 and corporate orange, it depends on the year and model of your tractor and yes there is a noticeable difference in them, also,, if you get Persian orange # 1?? Be sure it's not the high gloss unless the whole tractor is high gloss, don't ask how I know that one
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:48am
      The Yesterday's Tractors site has AC paint in spray cans as well as qt. and gal. Only will sell in lots of 6 cans though. I have used both and seems good. If you get the qt. or gal. you need to use the hardener. I have brush painted that with decent results on wheel weights and implements that have some small rust pits. Probably wouldn't try brushing sheet metal though.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:18am
I have bought rattle cans of Persian orange from my local AGCO dealer (which I believe is actually Valspar paint).
C in Concord View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C in Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 1:06pm
AC orange, Persian orange #2, corporate orange, all have "adequate" rattle can options that are readily available at auto parts & home improvement stores for a reasonable cost.  Persian orange #1 has been the challenge for me.  I tried an AC Orange Rustoleum farm & implement and it had way too much red (PO #2).  Tried a can of fleet farm brand labeled PO #1, looked more like red oxide (i.e. rusty metal primer).  Ended up getting two cans made using the color code I used on the rest of the tractor (Bumper-to-Bumper Auto Parts stores offer the service by me).  Color match is good and it only took a day, but the cost was $35 per 12 oz. rattle can.  I could justify it considering how much paint and time you waste between overspray and cleaning the spray gun for little jobs.
Leave things better than you found them.

1941 Model C (restored 2020)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic