This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Persian Orange 1 PPG 60080

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CentralMNCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Persian Orange 1 PPG 60080
    Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 9:48pm
Has anyone on the allis forum purchased the PPG 60080 Persian orange 1 single stage urethane paint recently ? There is a comment from a KELSO on Dec 2020 that had a comment on the availability of this color was resolved. Is it readily available? And if so were is it purchased? and are all the hardeners ETC available as well? the parts house that I use to purchase this from is having a hard time supplying the PPG paint along with the needed hardeners ETC. 
Sponsored Links

Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 10:25pm
Got some earlier this year, haven’t sprayed it yet though. Came in a nason can as an industrial single stage.
d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:32pm
Have your supplier cross it to AUE 360,
phil
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:23pm
It was hard to come by for quite a few years, the pigments in orange paints are lead-based oxides so they had to come up with substitutes after lead was taken out. The non-lead mixes have been very inconsistent color-wise and don't cover as well. I think the color was discontinued by PPG a couple years ago so this is encouraging news.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
CentralMNCA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CentralMNCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:35pm
thanks guys for all the replys, Interesting to hear that others are having the same issues with getting material, Per the one post I am going to research the AUE paint, 
TOM (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 7:35pm
Purchased 1 gallon of PPG Shopline Acrylic Urethane 60080 persian orange on Sept 30th from Colours Inc PPG dealer in Lincoln Nebraska. Price was $314 per gallon. Using medium topcoat hardener JH6680 and reducer JR506. Sprays very nice. Picture shows it applied.

Jtaylor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 5:56am
I never had an issue getting the paint. I used PPG MTX - OMNI single stage. the color code for 60080 is rather hard to mix with the new pigments. my local auto paint shop mixed it as a "dirty" color and it worked out very well. not cheap either though! 

between the epoxy primer and the orange - both in gallons, as well as the correct hardeners and reducers i had over $750 into paint. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 7:50am
Be ready, as PPG is now pricing By The Day as to Petroleum products variations.
Qt epoxy Shop Line(PPG Product) primer and hardener(2:1) with Quart of paint and activator for my KW was over $1000.  Gallon of Clear by itself with the two agents for it was $920.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CentralMNCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 10:55am
I am just a hobby painter, by no means a professional, I just enjoy bringing a few of the old allis parts back to life with a new coat of paint, I have not painted in over a year because of the original 60080 PPG paint color that my supplier was not able to get any more, And I was having great results with all the PPG primers thru clear coats, I have disscussed with some painters about switching brands or types of products. I have talked to a few guys that do Use the AUE line, ( I believe this is enamel paint )  but again will there be issues with getting the products, I think AUE is a PPG line as well, please correct me if I am wrong.
 TOM (NE) that rim you painted looks great. Would that be a Persian orange 1 color?

Dmiller  I understand the PPG pricing challenges, I like their products, I do not like their pricing. 
TOM (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 11:22am
Yes it is PPG coded 60080 , persian orange #1. The PPG Shopline line is only available/sold through PPG Platinum Distributor dealers. Been using this paint line since 2019 to paint my Allis Chalmers projects.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 8:14pm
I have always heard urethane paints can kill your lungs...make sure you have a fresh air system when spraying them.
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CentralMNCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
Tom(NE) thanks for the reply, I will be looking into that product in the near future.

allis chalmers guy- I agree the urethane are nasty products to spray and very harmful, as a matter of fact the orange ppg paint that I did spray was the single stage urethane material, before starting any of the painting program a couple of years back I made myself a spray booth with ventiation to the outside and purchased the proper head gear with proper filters in order to spray this material, for being a complete novice I surprisingly achieved some good results, Again the dollars involved to get a nice looking painted piece is getting way out of hand 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic