Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pence family costs taxpayers $20 million

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pence family costs taxpayers $20 million
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:47am
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:03am
You do realize the issue is NOT limited to Pence? That EVERY Older gasoline station with underground Steel tanks did the very same thing as to leaking where the original owners either sold out or died off with the stations shuttered(not closed and decommissioned) there were literally Hundreds to thousands of these JUST IN IL and IND. Old news, and a blight that can not ever be repaired to suit any Liberal.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:08am
Pence had NOTHING to do with the gas stations.. His brother was elected President of the Company and served for a couple years, quitting in 2004......... NICE TRY THO TRANNY !!  You never miss a chance to bring up IRRELEVANT DIRT. LOL  LOL   LOL
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:13am
Many states have an 'underground tank clean-up fund' of sorts that have a tax on petroleum products sold in those states. most of the tax is levied(sp) at the point of a bulk terminal loading point. its one of those taxes that 'buried' in the cost of the product that the retailer is not allowed to publish or post on the pump.
DMiller is correct, this is a problem that decades old, and will continue for decades. Those tanks were installed correctly at the time, but most did not know what effect time would have on those installations.
Where We Go One We Go All
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:50am
Dems have turned into nothing but sore losing mud slingers that I will never vote for again thank you Tranny for opening my eyes . Randy
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:33pm
I can honestly say I have never in my life voted dumbocrapic!  My dad was a democratic until LBJ come along and he switched and never looked back.  LBJ soured me terribly and the 1968 Gun Control Act put the final nail in their coffin.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:48pm
Too bad no one knew about the contamination potential of tetra-ethyl lead, which the government allowed, till the problem was discovered...  I wonder how much the entire clean up of all the lead in old gas stations cost, and how it compares financially to the clinton screw ups?Wink
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:36pm
WOW, you guys can turn a tornado in to a small thunder storm. So I guess the fact that Sen Joe Donnley has not been a part of the family business for 20 years really does eliminate him from doing business in Mexico as the Repub's are trying to build a case against him. Keil Bros. oil also stuck the State of Indiana for over 7 million in past due taxes.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:11pm
Steve Dim, the topic of this thread appears how one nit-wit is trying blame this on VP Pence. The pollution cases are real, and nobody on the site are making light of that fact. What is implied by some is guilt by association, or worse guilt by wealth.
Prime example; here is Midland TX, on the south edge of the city is an underground 'plume' of contaiminated ground water. The source has been determined to a long ago printing plant that disposed of inks and solvents that were tossed in the field behind the plant. Now jump ahead 40+ years, we now have a whole neighborhood that the wells are bad. The property in mention is now owned by a well known international corporation that the city and county are trying hang for clean up. 
Is this right?
What if Planned Parenthood would have bought that same property? Would you be  screaming from the rooftops they spend millions upon millions to clean somebody else's mess? I think not.
Where We Go One We Go All
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:06pm
POOR PISSER........... SO full of HATE and RAGE.

Edited by steve(ill) - 14 Jul 2018 at 10:07pm
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
My previous employer bought up quite a few smaller electrical generation companies over the course of decades in that action they also bought the old Coal Gas generation plants along with the tar pits, the wastewater sludge pits and the asbestos used in the buildings. They were FORCED to pay for those facility cleanups where a few CITIES that had Coal Gas plants or improper wastewater treatment sites and simply knocked them down, covered the sites over with soil and made parks are NOT held accountable, St. Charles MO. Jerseyville & Greenville IL come to mind right off the bat. Everything is pertinent until is NOT, the cities in the US that have streets departments with underground storage fuel tanks are NOT held responsible, some of these were just emptied of fuel and filled with water and sand, saw that with my own eyes in my old Hometown then they added above ground tanks in bunker berms.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm
Any tank with a capacity of over 1,000 gallons is suppose to be listed with the EPA - any tank over 1,000 gallons needs a permit now to be removed . The contractor must have a Special License to remove these tanks also . 
 Seems anyone who had a underground tank has removed them already as these rules were being put in place - I know i removed several 500 gal tanks for homes before final rules took effect but since I will not even touch any underground tank except a septic tank .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic