This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PDF file puter ques

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF file puter ques
    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:19pm
I have some documents, a scanner, and am running Win 10

So how do go about scanning the documents in PDF format or convert to that format.

Easy for me to do them in JPEG, but the person I want to send the documents to is a nut on format and wants the files in PDF format.

I watched a couple of youtubes but bombed

Thanx  Dave
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 8:15pm
I have had that problem in WIN7 also.  Old scanner will not do PDF, just JPG ... I scan and store as JPG... Then i copy and PASTE into WORD DOCUMENT... You can save Documents as several different formats..  One is PDF.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:24pm
Dayum Steve, I will try that in the am.  Sounds like I am running about the same stuff as you.  Thanx
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:37pm
when your in WORD and try to SAVE.. the DEFAULT is "WORD DOCUMENT"... Click on the drop down box and "most" versions of WORD have "PDF" in the selection choice.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:38pm
The easiest way in most cases is to use the print to PDF option.  To do this, click "print".  This will bring up a window where you can choose several options before actually printing the document.  There should be a place where you can choose which printer you want to print to.  Open this and then choose "print to PDF" or maybe "Microsoft print to PDF", or something similar.  Choose this, this will give you the ability to save the document s a PDF file.  REMEMBER which folder you save it to so that you can find it again.  Now you have a pdf version of the document that you can send.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 11:27pm
On my scanner there is one button you push for PDF and another for jpg.  I don't know what the other two do, I ain't needed them yet.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 6:07am
Ok, there are several ways to accomplish this..

1) install updated software from whoever made the scanner. The OEM software CD will have a fancy 'application' to allow you to 'save as PDF' along with a zillion other things. The basic Windows10 scanner 'program' doesn't do this, I KNOW as the 'contractor' whose an 'expertpcbuilder' setup his moms W10 machine 3 feet from me....

2) send as JPG and have the other guy 'convert to PDF'. depending on who is on the other end, this is a 'pee contest'.

3) install 'irfan' and the 'plugins'. Free and very powerful, it will convert darn near ANY 'format'(JPG,TIFF, PDF) to any other...

4) import the file to 'word processor' and have it convert to PDF.

5) buy(choke...$$$) Adobe,install and use it....

6) use some kind of free 'convert' program on the WEB ?

I suspect the scanner OEM software package was never installed, and whoever 'built the PC', just used the W10 minimal, kinda works, scanner driver program. That's what happend 3 feet from me. Wife can't send a fax, copy,scan or properly print using the 4-in-1  machine 2.5 feet from me...just basic PITA  1 sided printing. She also has the BROWSER version of Acobat reader ,which is a really,really ,huge PITA to use.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 8:04am
thanks Steve  and grayray, My old junk will not go that route.

I am gonna have to try one of the options jay posted.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 8:32am
Hmmmmm...have you checked the MFR's website for an 'updated driver / utilites' package ??

Often some will, it keeps you buying they're printer supplies ,instead of jumping ship..
maybe another option.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 7:22pm
It looks like I spent enough time with google and figured out how to finagle a way with Win 10.  Thanks all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic