This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

paint cleaning on grain drill followup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint cleaning on grain drill followup
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:11am
Sponsored Links

ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:18am
     After a good bit of effort and help from this forum I have figured out how to resize pictures and get them on a post. Now I can't figure out how to get the text with the pictures. Anyway, here are some pictures of the Allcrop drill I wanted to clean the paint on. I ended up using some rubbing compound and paste wax I had. My arm muscles should be much stronger now. Made quite a bit of difference. The first two pictures are the after and the last two are the before and after of a couple areas. The only thing I am not satisfied with is the rust appears white due to the wax. Any suggestions to do away with that? What will happen to linseed oil if it gets wet?  Thought I might try that on those areas. Thanks.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:43am
That's a great looking rig! have a similar drill on a WD that I hope to seed some waterways with next spring.
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:44am
Looks great. It is nice to have matched implements. Is it something you plan on using or just display? Tom
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:04pm
What a nice rig!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:38pm
ac hunter,
 Was there a planter in those pictures? I was drooling on the CA! Very nice clean up!
Yea the rust is a issue that time will make better. I was doing the hood on my new blue (small tractor) and had similar issues. 
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 08 Sep 2019 at 12:39pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
     Thanks for the compliments. I don't plan to use the drill except for an occasional show. If I used that little rig when the guys that farm our place were in the field I'd probably get run over. I got the drill from a fellow in n. central NY about 12-15 years ago. The inside of the boxes are exceptionally clean, even the fertilizer. Probably never used much.
     The CA is an older repaint and motor overhaul done before I got it. I have replaced both clutches and the brakes with some help from Rick. Also some misc. seals and gaskets and removed the calcium from the rear tires and cleaned and painted the rims inside and out. It's a neat tractor just to drive around and runs like a top. Sugarmaker,  you should get one.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:50pm
ac hunter,
 Its on my list!Smile That's a nice tractor you have and the repairs and upgrades are very appropriate to make it a pleasure to drive. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic