This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overhaul / Restoration Xperts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overhaul / Restoration Xperts?
    Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 9:30am
At some point in the future, I expect we will be looking for someone in north MO or nearby to help with full engine overhaul and maybe paint job on two older JD tractors. A 3020 and 4430. Both are running and in use, but both have dirty exhaust and tired, faded out paint.

Have asked around locally, and got little help beyond local dealer. Used them to rebuild an injector pump a year or so back and had trouble with it. Still not sure it's right, so they are suspect. I'm more interested in finding the right guy than a guy that is close.

Any volunteers or suggestions? Feel free to PM me if you would prefer.
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:41am
Modirt,I don't know anyone in northern Missouri but I do know two of them down south,one in Farmington & one in Fredricktown.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 2:14pm
Wasn't aware of this, but my mother tells one of our farm tenant's father in law is heavy into pulling, and tenant usually goes along.

Don't know if pullers are candidates for doing other type work, like overhauls and such. I always figured they liked working on their own stuff, but for others......not so much.  But worst that could happen if one asked is they tell you no. But he may know of someone else that would do it.

Have a local guy that helped me with the D15......but he is an AC man......with a lot of Orange paint stacked up and waiting for him to get to it. I think he could field strip a 190XT blindfolded. Need to find his green paint counterpart.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 2:26pm
Many AC guys or pullers in general work on other equipment to fund the pulling. I know lots of AC guys who make their living working on deere products by day. I'm sure they would know who to do it if they don't! 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic