This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Original Tongue support jack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Tongue support jack
    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:45pm
Anybody have a picture of an original tongue support jack that Allis Chalmers offered on the Roto-Baler and All Crop Combines? I can’t tell for sure what would be original if you do a search and look at photos on bing or google.
I’m thinking about putting jacks on my balers and combines but would like to find something close to the originals.

Thanks
Keeping Allis alive with:
2 B’s, 1 C, 6 CA’s, 2 WD’s,
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Sponsored Links

Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:57pm
I would also like to see what type of jack was offered. We had 3 rotobalers and a  AC60 Combine all perched on 6x6 or 8x8 pieces of timber as needed. That's all I ever saw on anything around here.
regards,
Ken McGregor
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:39pm

This is a 303 baler ,some mowers used ones like on right

Edited by Fred in Pa - 25 Mar 2020 at 7:42pm
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:44pm
The 180 spreader used the one on the left in the picture.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:50pm
The 77m rake used the one on the right. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
I've run 3 roto balers, dad had 2 or 3 combines and none of them had a jack.
NE GA Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:35am
Hey, thanks for all the comments guys!

I’ll see if I can find something that looks vintage rather than just going and buying a universal jack from Walmart.
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:54am
Here is an Allis jack I picked up several years ago from someone I believe had two of them NOS.  It is the same as the one on my 77M rake.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:53am
I'm aware of three types of A-C jacks:

#1 - Early type, very similar to what Dave has pictured, but the column is constructed nearly like a T-Post (steel fence post, depending where you're from)
#2 - The one Dave has pictured, with the column being almost trapezoidal or keystone shaped in profile and hollow
#3 - The one on the left, which has a round tube for the column

There are probably others, I just have not seen them or maybe not verified as A-C. I have the one from my 110 Spreader, which is the #1 variety. I'll try to get a photo and add it.

Edited by GreenOrange - 27 Mar 2020 at 11:55am
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:16pm
Well, I know it was a lot of years ago (2013) when I bought the jack I pictured, but as I recall he had two of them.  Could give it a shot and see if he still has one left.  His name is John Leibold and his handle is john(MI).  I see that he has posted a couple of hours ago, so he must still be around.  Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:01pm
The jack on the left in Fred’s picture is what’s on my roto baler.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by sparky sparky wrote:

The jack on the left in Fred’s picture is what’s on my roto baler.

You happen to have any photos you could upload of your jack?
Just wondering if it a side wind or top wind jack. The one in the Fred’s picture looks like a side wind.
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:59pm

Found this one in the All Crop 90 parts book. Looks like the T-post jack like GreenOrange was describing.
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:21pm
I don't wish to dispute the experts but the rotobalers didn't come with many options certainly at the start of the run. Can anyone tell me if a jack was added later and if so, how much was the option? I can see a jack on an AC90 as it had a heavy header. The balance on the AC60 (and AC40) was good enough that most people could lift the tongue easily.

Just curious as to when and how much?

regards,
Ken McGregor
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:37pm
Hmm looks like a trip to the bone yard for a bumper jack from a 70's early 80's car. Then some mods and you'd be in business.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Ken McGregor Ken McGregor wrote:

I don't wish to dispute the experts but the rotobalers didn't come with many options certainly at the start of the run. Can anyone tell me if a jack was added later and if so, how much was the option? I can see a jack on an AC90 as it had a heavy header. The balance on the AC60 (and AC40) was good enough that most people could lift the tongue easily.

Just curious as to when and how much?

regards,
Ken McGregor

Not sure on an exact date but my paper copy original operators manual for balers 68402 and up lists a jack + 4 other things as extra equipment.
The electronic original copy I have for balers I’m assuming is for earlier balers cause it does not list 68402 and up on the cover and it is pre overdrive models. It only lists bale counter and feeder roll cover as extra equipment.
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Boss Man Boss Man wrote:

Hmm looks like a trip to the bone yard for a bumper jack from a 70's early 80's car. Then some mods and you'd be in business.

I was thinking that
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:08pm
Here's a picture of my T-Post style. It mounts exactly the same as the one Dave posted. Now we just need a picture of the one on the left from Fred's post.

MotorCityBear View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotorCityBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm
NE GA Allis
You have a good collection of old Allis. In what part of GA are you?
I am just outside if Blairsville.
Rob
1953 AC B
Kubota L3901
Blairsville, GA
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by MotorCityBear MotorCityBear wrote:

NE GA Allis
You have a good collection of old Allis. In what part of GA are you?
I am just outside if Blairsville.

I’m about 25 minutes north of Athens.
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic