This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orange Crush Central City IA 9/15/2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Crush Central City IA 9/15/2013
    Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 7:37am
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MvFaowwhxTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sponsored Links

coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 7:38am

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFaowwhxTQ&feature=youtu.be[/TUBE]
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 8:17am
great video thanks for sharing
Beirnesy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beirnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 10:39am
Thanks for sharing the video, use the link below and watch it on full screen, guys. 
I like the  two music performers  AC\DC and AC\PROSTOCK, Orange Grin

Edited by Beirnesy - 15 Sep 2013 at 9:57pm
1969 220,1967 190DXT,1968 190DXT, LGT's 710,,716
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:15pm
Im just the opposite, i wanna hear the engine not the music!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:23pm
I've got video to splice in from the side of the track just need time to do it
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 3:04pm
I could not get up to the benefit tractor pull in Central City, Iowa (near Cedar Rapids). Did they have a good crowd and a lot of tractors?
Pastor Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 3:11pm
good crowd, lots of tractors and trucks.  People ran wide open, just wanted to put a good show on whether they break or not
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:01pm
I'd have tried to make it if it weren't for a darned horse show.  I saw an ECI pull in Marengo a few weeks ago and was very impressed with how well they ran it.
AaronSEIA
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:07pm
Couple of questions.  What was the light on his dash that came on just as she lit up?  I assume something to let the driver know she's good to turn loose.  The whining durning the run, just gear whine from the speed?  Whats he running for an engine?  Single turbo 301, it looked like.
AaronSEIA
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:49pm
Orange light indicates water injection is working. 315 cubic inches with twin turbo's limited to a 3 inch inlet with no MAP ring / slots. Noise is transmission gear whine - straight cut, spur gears. Sounds like a McCormick end gate seeder on acid.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 15 Sep 2013 at 5:49pm
Iowa_Allis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowa_Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 6:28pm
Awesome video!
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 8:42pm
Thanks, OPS.  For some reason, all the 315 twins spool pretty fast.  Accept for McKimms.  It takes him a loooong time to spool that thing.  Must have a different setup than everyone else.  On a side note, I found a drivers view video of a (cough) Deere run.  Dang impressive.
AaronSEIA
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 4:01pm
Funny, I always thought a pulling track was wide for what is done on it (from the spectators point of view). Also thought the same about stock car tracks till I drove one...pulling tracks look even narrower than stock car tracks from the seat!
Slade (TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 8:41pm
How's the season been Mike??  Sounded good......
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 10:35pm
The season as a whole has been terrible. Self in inflicted wounds and a little mechanical failure. The last few runs were better finally. Dyno appointment this winter. More stuff to try. You know how it is with an Allis, you don't just buy the parts off the shelf, install them and presto you are in the front of the class. The challenge is what makes it enjoyable.

I hope all is well down south.
Slade (TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:06am
Well all was going pretty smooth until I found out we were going to have to move our shop again, (subleased 1/2 of the building we're in, and the other guys need the space back) grrr, and the next day had a lawn mowing accident, (slid down a ditch, one foot ending up under the mower), which rendered me two and a half toes less, sooo I'm fortunate it wasn't worse, but been dealing with hobbling around and my buddies poking names at me, lol.  Other than that everything is pretty good!!  And yes, you are correct, an AC is not a build out of the box machine!  I hear some of the LLSS tractors north of you are in the 1200hp range?!?!  That makes it even tougher!
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:19am
I'm sorry to hear that Slade. Those little piggies went all the way home! Sorry....  :) Heres to wishing 2014 goes a little smoother! 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:33am
How do you dyno something like that ?
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:24am
Usually pull the engine and put it on a engine dyno.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:51am
Where we go the tractor remains complete for the most part. A gutted rear / transmission housing is used with a custom built shaft running all the way through it. This shaft couples to the clutch shaft on the front and to the dynamometer at the rear so said shaft turns at engine speed. The tractor is split at the rear of the torque housing and the trans/ rear used for pulling is rolled away and put in the corner. The "dummy", dyno adapter rear is connected and you are good to go. That way you are testing everything that you would use on the track other than the driveline. It takes about a half an hour to hook things up once you get there. Works well.

Slade sorry to hear about your summer. Cripes. And yes the LLSS up here run that good and then some.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 24 Sep 2013 at 5:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic