This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions needed..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions needed..
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:19am
  I purchased a WC last Saturday. It's a long story but I made the drive to buy a WD or a WD45. One there it turned out to be a styled WC. The owner swears it was running two years ago. Very nice sheet metal, shutters on radiator, lift system, etc. Everythings there except for the shutter crank the engine hand crank, and lights. I bought it with intentions of maybe trading it for a 45. Looking to build a div.2 tractor for the wife and kids.
  But then again seems everyone wants a WC to pull with, so what do yall think? O yea, the engine block is cracked, right behind carb. I saw it dripping yesterday. Thats no issue with me if I build a puller, I have combine engines sitting everywhere.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Sponsored Links

Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:20am
WC's make good pullers.  Are a little lighter than the WD's.  Only real complaint is the hand brakes.  Mine has an aftermarket set of foot brakes on it that are nice, but not near the brakes as a WD has on it.    Easy to work on thats for sure.  6-9bolt adapters are easy to make also for 38's.  I swapped in a Speed Patrol rear end that is lower geared than the stock unit.  The RC rear can be used but some say not as strong as the WC rear end.  Also can find "picker" gears for it to slow it down. My second gear is about what first gear was with the stock rear end.
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:41pm
get some old f20 wheels. there the same six bolt. and can be or already have been cut down to 38 rims.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic