This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One owner CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One owner CA
    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:20pm

My grandpa bought this tractor new in 1951 I believe. My two uncles are on either side of me and Dads first cousin behind me who’s dad owned the AC dealership and sold the tractor to my grandpa. They farmed 200 acres with that tractor. Dad my two uncles and grandpa would take turns running 8 hour shifts. That tractor would run 24 hours a day for days in end.

Edited by wekracer - 20 Sep 2020 at 8:45am
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
great little story nice looking tractor,  nice to have every one in the photo,  they were all real men back then 
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:03pm
Thanks. Wish they were all there. Dad is missing and so is Dan. Our other cousin. One thing I forgot was grandpa paid $1600 for the tractor and a new disk. Dad spent $1700 on the paint job and a muffler. We rebuilt the engine 20 years ago. It probably doesn’t have 10 hours on it since then.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:56am
Great story and the picture is wonderful with your family and family tractor. Amazing about the 8 hour shifts, and what could be done if you spent the time in the seat.
Almost makes a guy want to have one of those CA's in the shop too!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Nice looking CA and a great story.

Chris - you GOTTA get a CA so's you can have a real tractor project! And so we  can all watch you do what you do. Big smile
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:37pm
That is a rich, rich story. Think of the miles tractors like this travels back and forth across the fields at working speeds. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:58pm
Great story and even better to still have the tractor! The CA is a tough little tractor and so is that CE engine. I remember Dad telling me about a B he sold and the guys who bought it ran it 24 hours a day for a couple of weeks. Ironic that a new paint job and muffler cost more that the tractor sold for when new. But it still looks great. Just goes to show it is best to buy quality.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 2:52pm
Farming in the 50`s,  Dad made a living on 160 acres,  In 52 he bought a new H Farmall.  my uncle made a living on 80 acres,  bought a new Allis C in 51,  plus they both still had a team of horses.  The miles I walked behing a horse calivating corn,  no wonder my knees hurt.  I have a picture of me setting on that H the day it was delivered,  I was nine.  These pictures are a real treasure.  Yes I love red,  but I also love orange and that D-14 is still  my all time favorite.

Edited by weiner - 23 Sep 2020 at 2:57pm
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic