This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ole Les must be wearing....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ole Les must be wearing....
    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:58pm
I-80 out over there. IA DOT is thinking they might turn I-80 across IA into a toll road, 250 miles worth. and charge .08 cents a mile for cars and .24 cents a mile for trucks!
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:12pm
If they made it 4 lane each way with designated semi,bus lanes might be worthwhile,,,, but they ain't doing that.They will Keep it the way it is and grab a bunch of money
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:48am
azzwholes... state rapes the people for taxes in the idea of mkin roads for taxpayers to drive on... now that want to make a business out of chargin more... Ihave heard of people thart will go out of their way not to frive on them toll roads. theys already payin taxes on the gas they use that suppose to go to roads.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:41am
HOLY COW!!!  .08 and .24 is almost grand larceny!  Even Illinois isn't that bad and they've had toll roads from the word go.
I'm thinking they're going to shoot themselves in the foot.  They'll be a lot of truckers taking side roads.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Leon n/c AR. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon n/c AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:52am
Ted also them side roads are not made for that type traffic or loads-how long will that last.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:50am
I got two tickets fer not paying tolls in Virginia when I was there in January. I don't recall any toll roads but sure as heck it's me in the pictures.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:38am
Last year coming home from FL. driving I-69 crossing the bridge at Louisville signs were posted, Toll Bridge. We saw no where that toll was being collected. Then last summer we got a bill in the mail for the toll.
Early December 2017 we crossed going to FL. and again coming home, a couple home, no signs of toll, and no bill yet.
Is it still a toll bridge?

Dusty 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:56am
Dusty..
I'da stopped at the bridge, caused a HUGE traffic jam.... when the cops come, say ..'well I need to pay the toll' but can't find the booth !'
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
They do that in New York or is it New Jersey. Just send you a bill.
Tom
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:20pm

Well,,I Know they do that in Texas too,,!! Last time we went to visit our Son in Dallas,,I thought they had done away with all them dang toll Booths,,,none in sight so I used em pretty good while we were there,,,,,,But when we got home bout a month later I get a bill from Texas Highway Dept for $38,,,,There were 6 different occaisions,,so I sent em 6 different checks,,,,,,,
Billoh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:16pm
You need to cover up your license plate
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm

Hey,,,,Thas a great one BillOh,,,,,,,,nothing a little mud won't do,,,,say,,,,you ain't kin to ole Shameless are you,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:38pm
mud works REAL well!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:39pm
and so does a sign taped to the rear plate that says: "bite me pig"! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic