This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oil pick up screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil pick up screen
    Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 6:52pm
Any body know were I can get a oil pump pick-up screen for a allis chalmers B?
                                        Thanks
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 7:06pm
Ya used to be able to buy screen like that at farm and fleet, used to screen sprayer tanks pumps. Take a sample of the old one to NAPA or some such place.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Rob G. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 7:15pm
Thats a problem. there was not one in it when i took the oil pan off. The part that the screen goes into was there however.
eireog68 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireog68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2024 at 9:40pm
any one know where i can get a inlet straner screen for an alice chalmers one sixty

Thank you to all that replied i got one from agco parts at a steep price $104 with shipping but with the price of hydraulic it is worth the investment now i just have to find a shift boot that will fit to keep the water out.

Edited by eireog68 - 15 Jun 2024 at 4:31pm
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 2:04am
I needed a screen like you are doing and ended up getting a vegetable strainer thing in the cooking isle at Wmart that was the right diameter and stainless steel. The old one just had wire to secure it so I cut the size I needed and wired it to the base.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 6:03am
Originally posted by eireog68 eireog68 wrote:

any one know where i can get a inlet straner screen for an alice chalmers one sixty

Have you tried an AGCO dealer? I believe the engine used in an Allis Chalmers 160 was the same model Perkins engine used in a Massey Ferguson 135.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 6:50am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Take a sample of the old one to NAPA or some such place.

Take it to NAPA.  Now that's a good laugh to start the day. The only place less likely to have whatever it is that you're looking for would be TSC. The new stuff that those places have parts for must really break down enough to keep them in business, because they don't carry anything to fit much that is even 20 years old, let alone 70+.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 6:22am
Now we know  it's not a engine oil pick up tube screen , That $104. is the cost of the life time of tractor and you. Just keep it cleaned .  
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic