This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nut Grass Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nut Grass Control
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:25pm
      I have a Wild Texas Hog rooting up a old garden spot I gave up on because it was near solid with Nut Grass this spring. I believe if left alone this old hog will root until there is not a nut left alive.   Three nights in a row you can't believe what a area this pig has covered already.  Holes 2 foot deep.  Not a blade of nut grass where he had mined.
      I want real bad to shoot this guy but maybe I should wait till he digs up every last Nut and go back to gardening again in this spot. Grows the greatest Tomatos
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Let 'im keep plowing, Ken!  Maybe he will fertilize it too! LOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:31am
o-k...lets see a pic of "nut grass"!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:26am
Ken, is this the stuff?

or yellow nut grass?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:26pm
If he's killin it you better keep him

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:06pm
yep...I agree...keep him killing that stuff! we gots that chit here too!
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm
I think Basagram (n) was the first chemical that really worked well on nutgrass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:01am
I would let that hog root.  It has the nose for that stuff.  LOL
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:54pm
This rooting by just one pig is a sight to behold.  Hard to imagine what a huge area of pasture or hay meadow a dozen or more of these piney woods rooters can destroy in 3 or 4 nights.
     I say it is just one big boar digging up my old garden spot.  Boar Hogs usually are seen running by themselves.  I should move my hog trap baited with corn close to the digging and cee if he takes the bait. 
    The pictures of the nut grass is spot on.  The nuts form on the roots.  Nuts must taste good to pigs for them to dig so deep to find them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic