This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now,,THIS is a shocker,,,,!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now,,THIS is a shocker,,,,!!!
    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:19pm

Forbes Censors Award-Winning Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade 'Climate Scare' - So Here It Is

{Finally} Forbes has decided to unpublish an article by award-winning climate activist Michael Shellenberger, in which he apologizes "for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years."

On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare

On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It's just not the end of the world. It's not even our most serious environmental problem.

I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.

But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.

http://www.zerohedge.com/political/forbes-censors-award-winning-environmentalists-apology-over-three-decade-climate-scare-so

SOooooo,,,does this mean al gore has to give back all the millions he made off this FARCE,,??

Edited by desertjoe - 30 Jun 2020 at 9:19pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:29pm
I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.

GEE... who would have ever guessed !!!  LOL   LOL
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:09am

I'll tell ya'll for sure,,,,This is abso=friggin-lutely amazing,,!!  I watched the whole interview and I sure hope all the companys that been proffitting off climate change don't decide to harm this guy,,,but the scam that was perpetrated against the whole frigging world is almost unbelievable,,,makes one wonder how they will climb out from under this one,,,,,,
 At least most of our children DO NOT have to worry anymore on whether the world is gonna end in ,,,what was it,,12 years???   What a bunch of losers,,,,,
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:25am
wonder what the' litle foreign girl' has to say about him .......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:43am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

wonder what the' litle foreign girl' has to say about him .......

I’m sure she’s moved on to oppression or racism by now. GW has lost its luster.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:05am

The even bigger issue is that there must NOT be a law in any of the countries of the world,,against such subterfuge,, which resulted in great numbers of dollars or rubles or yens,,,,One would think those that lost many great fortunes, would be after these profiteers ,,,,maybe their countries don't have AG's either,,,,,Wink
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:21am
I would not bank on what one person says. I know many people think it's a hoax. Me, I'm not so sure. All it confirms for me is they all lie if it confirms their agenda. They may be just taking cues from politicians since it works for them.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Forbes Censors Award-Winning Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade 'Climate Scare' - So Here It Is

{Finally} Forbes has decided to unpublish an article by award-winning climate activist Michael Shellenberger, in which he apologizes "for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years."

On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It's just not the end of the world. It's not even our most serious environmental problem.

I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.

But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.

http://www.zerohedge.com/political/forbes-censors-award-winning-environmentalists-apology-over-three-decade-climate-scare-so

SOooooo,,,does this mean al gore has to give back all the millions he made off this FARCE,,??

climate activist Michael Shellenberger,

we environmentalists

It appears this person has zero credentials!  No Dr. or Scientist  .  .  .  I wonder who bought this guy to say this?

Edited by john(MI) - 01 Jul 2020 at 9:28am
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

we environmentalists

If you didn't read the article, you won't know what his "qualifications" were used for his input.
It appears this person has zero credentials!  No Dr. or Scientist  .  .  .  I wonder who bought this guy to say this?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:41am
Just because someone doesn't have 'letters' before or after their name doesn't mean they aren't smart and knowledable !!

I've known PHDs with NO common sense

I KNOW 'doctors' who shouldn't be practicing medicine

I KNOW 'farmboys' who KNOW more about farming than a room full of 'highly educated' people.who claim THEY know it all....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:50am

Schellenberger, a progressive, was named one of TIME's "Heroes of the Environment," while his book Break Through was heralded by WIRED as potentially "the best thing to happen to environmentalism since Rachel Carson's Silent Spring."

But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report

My addition in red

(Obviously they did not like what they heard, did not fit the narrative, he was great, all knowing, and gods gift until he learned and understood more.)

Follow the money as Joe says. Nobody is saying we can't do better, just that it is not the dire hell they are trying to control people with.

In reality, the above facts come from the best-available scientific studies, including those conducted by or accepted by the IPCC, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and other leading scientific bodies.

I even stood by as people in the White House and many in the news media tried to destroy the reputation and career of an outstanding scientist, good man, and friend of mine, Roger Pielke, Jr., a lifelong progressive Democrat and environmentalist who testified in favor of carbon regulations. Why did they do that? Because his research proves natural disasters aren’t getting worse.

Sounds almost SOP to me.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

we environmentalists

And yet you lap up every word bill nye says...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 01 Jul 2020 at 8:41pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:12pm
if we didn't have climate change, we'd still be in the ice age
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:45pm
Johnie Jugs prefers to listen to the EXPERTS... Like the Green New Deal Girl from New York --- Representative KOTEX.... she knows it all !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:11am
Shameless said it all!!!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm
Where's algore's doctorate in climatology from, anyway?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:26pm
It's in his Algroesmillions. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic