This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nothing like a B and spring !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark in Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing like a B and spring !
    Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:11pm
Sponsored Links

Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:14pm
  Nice photos, your soil looks mellow , plows nice.
Brook Allis Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brook Allis Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:15pm
Love the pictures It really is great Thanks for posting
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:27pm
Wonderful pictures!  Considering we got another 5 inches of snow this morning and more is expected tonight, I'm wondering if spring is ever coming to Colorado.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:41pm
Great pictures Mark. What kind of taters are you planting? Is there any Irish mixed in with your German background? LOL Do you just cultivate to keep weeds and grass out. I planted a patch of spuds a few years ago and didn't keep them clean enough. It becomes a problem when you try to drop the digger in. The roots of the grass and weeds hold the dirt together and the spuds don't separate well.  Charlie
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:07pm
Great pictures, It doesn't look like you cut the potatoes into pieces to plant. Bob
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:12pm
That dirt looks like it turns over so good! Too much clay around here(and rocks). We'd be in high cotton if we could sell all the rocks we've picked up for a nickel apeice.LOL!
Never planted taters with a planter before, we always dropped by hand, then covered with the cultivator chisel gangs reversed. Worked well.
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:13pm
Those are great photos. Something about a model B. Once I have grand dads WD45 back to life. My next purchase will be a B! Thanks for posting.
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Bob, I bought some Kennebecs and about half of em only had 2 or 3 eyes.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:49pm
Nice cut with the plow, Mark- the turnover looks perfect!

Soil isn't rocky, so obviously you're either not up around Okoboji, or the rocks have been meticulously picked-out... but the soil color says north-central.  What county?
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:10pm
Man, those are great pictures! Thanks for posting them.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Larry in OK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:36pm
Thanks for posting those pics looks like a couple of days well spent.

Curious about your disc. I'm not real knowledgeable about these things but it looks very similar to this one. It was my uncle's. I don't know how long its been sitting one the rocks but it looks like you could grease it and go.

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:17am
Beautiful tractor, beautiful day, beautiful soil, beautiful people and a beautiful job being done.
Looks like 1940 all over again. Hard to believe how much acreage was tilled with the little Bs; and it was soooooo much easier than walking behind the horses.
Thanks for sharing your pics.
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:20am
Great shots - thanks for sharing.
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 11:50am

Larry:

Mark's disc is an A-C #9, the one shown in your picture looks to be a John Deere JB or JBA.

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:15pm
Mark,  Love to see my favorate in action. 
You know, I cannot believe that RICH BLACK EARTH so many of you have.  As I said, we have red clay rock in Maryland.  Farmed OK with it but would trade in a heartbeat for yours.
Yes, the B's were so inexpensive that they were bought and used by many as their main tractor.  It was all they could afford.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Walter(MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 9:55pm
Thanks for the nice pictures.  I agree with Bill Long that the little B is a great tractor and was widely used on many farms in its day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic