This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No more National Anthem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more National Anthem
    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:13pm
That Cuban guy, he owns a basketball team and he says they will not play the National Anthem before the games anymore.  He doesn't see any reason it should be played before anything.  It's just not necessary or required.  I have been wondering that myself for a few years now.  There just doesn't seem to be any reason for playing it at sporting events.  We all know where we live and what Country we live in.  The flag is in attendance.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:24am
Now you should be happy...
  Specially when they start playing the new normal songs...
 [TUBE]IeMFXiEq_ow[/TUBE]

Edited by JC(WI) - 11 Feb 2021 at 9:58am
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:05am
The NBA overruled that putz Cuban. The league says all teams are required to play the anthem before every game.
Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is gonna introduce a bill in the TX legislature, that will require the anthem to be played at the start of any sporting event, in any venue(in the State of TX)that accepts State government funding.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 11 Feb 2021 at 6:07am
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:47am
Since it is used and abused and dishonored so much, I think it should not be played at all.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:00am
Then there is this........that people do not now agree with principle......would not do the same.....says a lot about where we are as a nation.

We take the freedoms we have for granted, as we have never known it any other way.

Edited by modirt - 11 Feb 2021 at 7:01am
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:20am
If you live and enjoy the blessings we have here in America and you will not respect the flag and the national anthem then GET OUT. Randy
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:21am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

Then there is this........that people do not now agree with principle......would not do the same.....says a lot about where we are as a nation.

We take the freedoms we have for granted, as we have never known it any other way.

Mr Dirt, careful when you use that "we" word there.  To me that kinda throws all in the same category.  Confused
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Randy WI Randy WI wrote:

If you live and enjoy the blessings we have here in America and you will not respect the flag and the national anthem then GET OUT. Randy

Have to agree, if not liking HERE as it is HERE go somewhere else and try that crap on someone else.  Go find Utopia away from 'WE' or Us as NOT going to change the majority 'WE' as US Citizens.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:29am
Duly noted. Does not apply to ALL.......but does apply to ALL TOO MANY!

One of the most concerning things I've heard lately came from the mouth of one of the talking heads on TV......this one a staunch conservative. He had come to the conclusion that it was the nature of humans in general to NOT want freedom. He said that given any opportunity at all, they surrender freedom for control......it's the easier path to take.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:36am
BTW, we still do see vestiges of what was displayed at Fort McHenry.

When the World Trade Center was bombed, it didn't take long before firefighters got a flag up.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:39am
Cuban is a SCHMUCK.....and an idiot.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:42am
THE SCHMUCK CHOKES..........

Mark Cuban now says Mavericks ‘didn’t cancel’ national anthem  LOL  LOL   Clap

February 10, 2021 | 8:40pm | Updated February 10, 2021 | 8:40pm

Following blowback for not playing the national anthem before games, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said he did not “cancel” the song that has become the subject of social protests in recent years after having been a staple at sporting events since World War I.

Cuban told ESPN’s “The Jump” that the team was having ongoing conversations about whether to play “The Star Spangled Banner,” but that “we probably would have ended up playing it at some point when fans came back.”

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Feb 2021 at 8:44am
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:42am
Cuban was pandering to his players.

My guess is NBA has done the research and done the math and knows where the bread and butter comes from, and it ain't BLDM.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:30pm
It is obvious that some people  who commented on this thread never served their country. So they do not know the meaning of the national Anthem. 
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by festus51 festus51 wrote:

It is obvious that some people  who commented on this thread never served their country. So they do not know the meaning of the national Anthem. 

You know what?  I think that about a bunch of the people talking about a bunch of topics on here, all of the time.  They know all, but never had the guts to serve!  I guess myself personally, I don't see the correlation between sporting events and the National Anthem.  If it's a group reason, why don't they play it before the movie, or church?  If there's enough people, maybe before the wedding reception starts! 

Can't someone come up with the reasoning behind this?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Some things are just TRADITION... Thats the way it is..  Why do you take your hat off in Church ?  Wink

Maybe your head is cold ?  Thumbs Up
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 6:21pm
Simple as looking it up

Do not care to know, just complain and not bother to look it up.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:12pm
hmm.. Why do you take your hat off in Church ?

ok, WHY do women put them ON in Church ??
and.. if men and women are 'equal', then men wear hats in church or women can't or both or  arrrrrrgh... I need a drink.....
BTW though I've never served  I respect all who have. The last Vet I know is 98 and hopefully he'll be able to walk up here this summer( once a certain 'machine' is MOTHBALLED !!!)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:17pm
from Daves link.......

Francis Scott Key wrote the song in 1814 and it became the nation’s de facto anthem not long after. Congress made it official in 1931. World War I vets had been lobbying for it for years.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 11:25pm
i would not buy anything that that Cuban dude owns parts or all of. sounds like he's a son to China.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:14am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i would not buy anything that that Cuban dude owns parts or all of. sounds like he's a son to China.

I agree which you all the way, Shameless,,,Clap
 "We The People" have made one heck of an example with the football boys and the recent sooper bowl game is a great example of a very bad decision made by a bunch of crybabies and their owners who thought they were going to dis-respect the American flag and found out how expensive that decision has become.
 Since that cuban guy made his statement, our family has decided,,we ain't gonna buy no more of anything basketball either!! That's how that chit goes,,,,Clap
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:44pm
i have zero respect for anyone that cannot take a minet to show respect for a country that gives you a oppertunity to have an opinion without being jailed or killed .  these people need to find some other country that they might have respect for
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic