Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

‘No Corroborating Evidence’ Russians Offered B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ‘No Corroborating Evidence’ Russians Offered B
    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 4:57am
BREITBART

Pentagon: ‘No Corroborating Evidence’ Russians Offered Bounties for U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

The Pentagon said in a statement late Tuesday evening that it had no corroborating evidence that Russian operatives offered bounties to the Taliban for American soldiers stationed in Afghanistan.

“The Department of Defense continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports,” said Chief Pentagon Spokesman Jonathan Hoffman.

“Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan – and around the world – most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Hoffman added.

The statement came in response to a New York Times report that claimed that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The Times cited anonymous officials “briefed on the matter.”

The report claimed that the U.S. “concluded months ago” that the Russian unit had offered the bounties for successful attacks last year and that Islamist militants, or criminal elements closely associated with them, collected some bounty money and that the finding was briefed to President Donald Trump.

The report claimed that the National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, and officials developed a “menu of potential options,” but the White House had not authorized any step.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president and the vice president were never briefed on the allegations, and that there was no consensus among the intelligence community on the allegations.

“The U.S. receives thousands of reports a day on intelligence, and they are subject to strict scrutiny. While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the CIA Director, [the] National Security Advisor, and the Chief of Staff can all confirm that neither the President nor the Vice President were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,” she said.

“There is no consensus within the intelligence community on these allegations, and, in effect, there are dissenting opinions from some in the intelligence community with regards to the veracity of what’s being reported. And the veracity of the underlying allegations continue to be evaluated,” she added.

The report comes as the president has sought to continue drawing down U.S. forces and end the war in Afghanistan.

Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL), an Army Green Beret who has served in Afghanistan, questioned the timing of the Times’s report.

“We’ve known for years that the Russians have been supporting the Taliban through arms, through weapons, through other means…so to me, this really smacks of partisan talking points of hearing Russia and the President and trying to make hay of that in an election year,” he said Tuesday in an interview with Fox News’ Bret Baier.

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), a Navy veteran who has also served in Afghanistan, slammed the Times report for citing “unconfirmed intel” that is part of an ongoing investigation.

“The real scandal: We’ll likely never know the truth… Because the @nytimes used unconfirmed intel in an ONGOING investigation into targeted killing of American soldiers in order to smear the President. The blood is on their hands,” he tweeted.

“Having served in Afghanistan during the time the alleged bounties were placed, no one is angrier about this than me,” Banks added.

“Now it’s impossible to finish the investigation. All b/c the @nytimes will do anything to damage @realdonaldtrump, even if it means compromising nat’l security.”

When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:16am
More obvious Obummer placed shills delivering certified 'CONFIDENTIAL' Materials to the media Hypers. Sure hope the powers that be can smoke these azzholes out.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:48am
Looks like Tramway and gang bet on the wrong horse …..AGAIN
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:04am
Ya think they is done bettin on this here one?

Edited by Lonn - 01 Jul 2020 at 7:05am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:14am
weird! if it wasn't for the pointy end of the hooves, one could not tell 'whitch' end of the horse we are looking at in the pic!
Wait for the Lord;
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:37am
These idiots who take a story and go banana's without waiting for everything.  The Times should have never ran that story, but these days there is no such thing as integrity in journalism.  Just print lies the public will never know.
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:52am
Well Lou, No wander you support the Dumpster, You can't tell the difference between a horse and a Donkey?? Its all in the ears!! Except with the Dumpster then it is all in the Rear. (and full of road apples)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 8:30am
And once again Dimmy cannot recognize the azz when presented it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:16am
Sure I can, I see the Dumpster on the news all the time, Not a bigger AS_ out there

NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

Sure I can, I see the Dumpster on the news all the time, Not a bigger AS_ out there

Oh I beg to differ Steve, I beg to differ.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:29am
TYPICAL TURDIE LOGIC............. Start WW3 with the RUSSIANS based on FAKE NEWS published by the NYTimes and then Water Bucket CARRIED by MSNBC, CNN, PISSEY, SHMUCKIE andd Schitless.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:55am
And their brainless clueless supporters...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:16am

Well Lou, No wander you support the Dumpster, You can't tell the difference between a horse and a Donkey?? Its all in the ears!! Except with the Dumpster then it is all in the Rear. (and full of road apples)

Did you even read the OP??????!!!!!!!!!!!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:38am
Hey Dimmie,Do you rally believe if true. That they would now all of a sudden are soldiers would be targets. We have been targets for years. Of coarse November elections will soon be here. I'm sure the unconfirmed report with out any credible evidence would surface now. But you all know Joe is gonna need all the help he can get. The Reality is He can't win.
Better stock up on your mail ballots.

On behalf of Donald J. Trump and others     we appreciate your support.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by dimmy dimmy wrote:

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:43am
Trump is feeding Biden with all the help he will need, Trump is his own worst enemy, If the Covid keeps going up, Trump will keep going down
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:49am
Dimmy, where does that yellow brick road lead to anyhow? Wink
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:12am
If the TURDS didnt LIE, CHEAT and STEAL, they would have no message at all..
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:32am
And already HARSH COLD Facts that Conservative regions = LOW Covid numbers, Democrat Bastions of BS = HIGH Covid Numbers, the public is NOT buying the BS the Turdies are pushing.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:58am
I don't believe Texas, Arizona and Arkansas are Democrat areas, Pretty sure they have Repub Governors, And don't forget Florida? Open to soon, and "BOOM" just like that close again.

OH, I almost forgot, If Trump didn't lie and cheat he might win the election, But that will be his down fall.

Edited by Steve Bright - 02 Jul 2020 at 10:00am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:14am
You "Don't Believe", then look it up, where do you suppose the moron libreturds leaving Kalifornication are going AND bringing those BS Lib attitudes to?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:16am
BTW Dimmy, still awaiting the Proof Positive the OP is incorrect, or are you just redirecting to hide behind?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 1:36pm
Dim Wit.......... you live in a CONSERVATIVE state also... Just because TEXAS is mostly CONSERVATIVE, dont mean there are not a couple BIG CITIES that are TURD CONTROL..LOL
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 2:39pm

Maybe, but I can recognize an ASS the second I encounter it!
Wait for the Lord;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic