This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice Restored 170 For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice Restored 170 For Sale
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:00am
Ran across this today during a search of Craigslist.  Priced reasonably at $5200.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/2292563858.html

Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Sponsored Links

D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:12am
Looks nice but I don't see 3 point or snap coupler. I wonder if it came from factory that way?
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:25am
D-allis....this is my late Uncles 170. He was the original owner....nobody knows if he ordered it that way.

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:47am
Our 170 shuttle is factory delete 3 point
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:20am
Don't see any three-point on it.  Is that something that was an option?
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:27pm
Don,t see a seat either.
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:30pm
Tell me why it needed to have all that paint dumped on it?
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:43pm
Its a tractor without a seat. Maybe he lost his ,and that is why he has to sell it......LOL
                                                       IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:11pm
I bet everyone of those tractors that were sold new with the 3 point delete at one time had an owner with regrets.  Too nice of a tractor not to have all the capabilities of a 3 point and dual hydraulics.  Just my opinion. 
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:52pm
I agree...definetly limits the use of a great tractor.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:15am
Pissie paint job, painted remotes and PTO stub as well as everything he couldn't or wouldn't wrap a piece of tape around, reminds one of the OP on paint job overhauls to steer clear of.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:34am
I know of alot of people who ordered various tractors years ago "bareback" because at the time, the tractor was going to be their "big field tractor" and would never need a 3 pt. or PTO. Now they regret it, because the tractor is no longer a big enough to be a field tractor, and takes a serious hit on resale value because it is bareback, and has very limited uses now. Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:48am
pto and controls and the oil filter were painted over. And so was the ball hitchwhich he could have removed but maybe he figured it would be just a wood hauler tractor
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:13am
Parted out a 170G some years ago, was originally a State tractor
D17JIM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:47am
   Wow !!         I don't think I'll paint my D17.  I put an engine kit in and had a head job done , brakes , final drive bearings and many other fix em up jobs but since i'm not much of a painter  it appears that some would think the work mechanically was unsound because of my inexperience as a painter.  I'll leave its work clothes on it in case I want to sell it. 
TexasAllis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by D17JIM D17JIM wrote:

Wow !!         I don't think I'll paint my D17.  I put an engine kit in and had a head job done , brakes , final drive bearings and many other fix em up jobs but since i'm not much of a painter  it appears that some would think the work mechanically was unsound because of my inexperience as a painter.  I'll leave its work clothes on it in case I want to sell it. 

I like them in their work close.  If I want a "Pretty" tractor I would prefer to paint it myself.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:15pm
D17Jim nailed it on the head. People see new paint a camoflauge. I am immediatly suspect of any machine with new paint. For too many years the DuPont overhaul was a way to BS people into buying a junk tractor. Prospective buyers thought that only a mechanically sound machine was worthy of new paint. Now after millions of horror stories, new paint is a badge of shame.

The same thing happened with the suit and tie. It used to be a sign of integrity and respect. Crooks caught on to the fact that if they dressed nice people would deal with them. Now when you see a guy with a suit and tie your first thought is, " what is he trying to pull over on me " .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic