This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New used HD6G wet clutch reservoir wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New used HD6G wet clutch reservoir wanted
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
I took off my belly pan and when i did I saw lots of bad corrosion on the aluminum sump for the wet clutch oil. Much of it looks like swiss cheese with rather large and deep pits.

I have taken a tig torch to such pits in the past but it never works out well because the metal in and around the pit is contaminateed with oil and dirt that you often have to remove 2x the metal around the pit in order to get a good non-porous fix.

If anyone has a decent pan they would like to sell, or even one with just a few pits then please let me know. If you have, or know where I could get, or have an idea of how I could make the gasket that seals that sump to the clutch housing it would be much appreciated if you could sell or share that info.

Thanks guys,

Leo

Sponsored Links

rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:02pm
I recently bought one from John at Crane and Tractor in Columbus Ohio.  Worth a call to see if he has another
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic