This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Holland TS100A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Holland TS100A
    Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:30am
Anyone own or operate one?

One thing I’m always curious about is weight, I want enough weight to put the power to the ground when needed. I called on this tractor and the guy ran it over a scale for me and it weighs 14,700 pounds! I’m actually a bit worried that’s too heavy for 100HP.   It has a loader and loaded tires, so weight is up there. Just might be a bit of a dog that heavy.

So that and any other comments are welcome.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:47am
Old school says if you are going to moldboard plow, you needed a MINIMUM of 100 lbs per PTO HP. Actually 100 lbs per flywheel HP would be better yet. So, 100 HP at the PTO is probably 120 to 125 flywheel HP for 12,500 lbs. Then, you have the loader.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:51am
I wouldn't be worried about the weight. I'd be happy it's there. A lot of that weight is the loader and fluid.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

I wouldn't be worried about the weight. I'd be happy it's there. A lot of that weight is the loader and fluid.

Agreed about the loader and fluid. And I like weight too! Just seemed a lot for 100hp, an extra ton or two. I don’t want it doing all the work just moving itself!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 10:11am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

Old school says if you are going to moldboard plow, you needed a MINIMUM of 100 lbs per PTO HP. Actually 100 lbs per flywheel HP would be better yet. So, 100 HP at the PTO is probably 120 to 125 flywheel HP for 12,500 lbs. Then, you have the loader.

Yep. And I think of all the weight I had to put on my Allis to get it up to 110 per PTO horsepower.

This tractor is 100 ENGINE horsepower, 80PTO. Hence my question
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic