This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AD welding helmet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New AD welding helmet
    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:56am
Yesterday I finished a big job. As usual we were in a big hurry to get to the other job. We loaded my Wire Welder and tools and I headed to my house to unload. While driving I saw my Jackson Big window helmet blow off of the welder and hit the dirt. I turned around and got it but it was destroyed.  I was telling my wife about it at lunch and when I got home there was a brandnew Lincoln electric AD welding helmet on the counter. She went to the welding store and asked advice and picked that one. I always said I wouldn't use an AD but I guess I was wrong. I do a lot of tacking so I guess it will be handy. It also has grinding mode so I can use it for a face shield. I hope I like it.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:59am
man....you gots a keeper there! you better be nice to her!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:25am
X2 what Shameless said....

Many years ago when we moved in this place I had to do a lot of push mowing around the house tree's etc because I had no other way to get it done. Mowed the yard with my WD and a brush cutter. The WD did good but was like driving a semi through heavy traffic with all the trees and such. Financially strapped and used what I had.

Told the wife I needed a new push mower for my birthday and this is what I got, not exact but you get the idea. 6 acres of lawn to mow and I took it serious.
I was somewhat appalled and she couldn't understand why.
She was dead nuts serious.
 https://www.amazon.com/Great-States-815-18-18-Inch-5-Blade/dp/B0007ZK5V2/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_86_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H99V3HJRDQCPWNS5BNSR

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:26am
When the very first auto darkening helmets came out, I tried one and hated it. Swore I'd never own one. Don't know if they've improved them, or if I've mellowed out in my old age, but I have one now, and like it. darrel
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:47am
that's the ONLY kind of helmet to use.. Very helpful for wire feed and tack welding.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:53am
I've got two auto darkening, variable darkness helmuts
1st one I paid about $120 for, next one $25. I like the $25 one better ! Fits better, no battery needed and free shipping from China. I bought it just to see if it was 'OK'...
Some stuff from China is OK..yeesh, bet it ALL comes from there..
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:22am

Hey Thad,,,Yep, Yep,,that right there is one Great Woman,,and you better not forget her Birthday,,!! Or the Anniversary,,!!
I ought to get one of those as harbor freight always has em on sale and I like the ability to use as a grinding hood. I do LOT of grinding as I don't like to leave a weld until it looks pretty and am always havin to be careful of the grinding,,,Ya know,??
Wouldn't do me any good to mention to my Wife,,,,cause mine prolly would do like ole Fixer's did and get me one of those "Hand Held" jobbies,,,, Did you see what Fixer's got him when he wanted a MOwer,,,,
Hey,,!! UMmmmm,,,,,UMMmmmmm is your invitation to move to Arkansas still good,,??
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:37am
DJ, I woulda told her, "Here, you push it and see what is wrong with it."
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
Have 2 SpeedGlass helmets , bought one for self when I got the one for the shop I worked in - when shop closed I bought welder and all for $1.00 . Think I paid $175 each for the helmets back in 1998.
 Love it - adjustable shade, along with the fact can set delay for TIG welding so it doesn't go light from frequency - 
  Now keep wondering how I welded before especially in out of position where flipping helmet down while laying on back or some other position is next to impossible . 
  Had a couple fitters doing some Titanium pipe welding in shop . they were using a small air cooled unit . Told them to try my Miller 304 with the water cooled torch- and the Speed Glass helmet - 
 Next day they both came in with new helmets the same as mine and used the 304 for the rest of the week doing the pipe . Seems a water cooled TIG is a lot better than air cooled - then with them using the chicken track look of walking the cone on the weld the water cooling of the ceramic tip worked a lot smoother . 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 31 Mar 2018 at 9:45am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 11:04am
[QUOTE=shameless dude] man....you gots a keeper there! you better be nice to her![/QUOTE
Not bad for a CO Neb girl]
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

DJ, I woulda told her, "Here, you push it and see what is wrong with it."
I'd a said that she bought the female one, not the male one.  Now YOU'LL have to use it.  Big smile
Then again, I'd more than likely said; "WHAT the Hiels the matter with you?"  AngryAnd that's how the fight started.....

Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Clap
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Not bad for a CO Neb girl]
Shocked  I don't care where she's from Thad, You got you a keeper there!!  My wife'd say "What do you need that for anyway?"  Now you know why we're always fighting...LOL
Now, if'n I was you,,,,,,,,,,,,,come next Monday or Tuesday, I'd stop off at a florist and get her some flowers,,,,,,,or chocolates,,,,,,,,or just something special.  They say we never do that.... Has SHE asked for anything lately?
You follow my advice and I'll have you two being newly weds for the next couple a years!!  Lessons from a pro!!  Just ask MY wife..an she'll tell the truth too.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 4:45pm
Ted I do buy flowers on occasion and I did recently buy her a Mini Cooper.. I ain’t allowed to drive it either.
acd17toy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd17toy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:50pm

TED, many many years ago my daughter talked me in to buying roses for my wife
      for Mothers day, that just about cost me a divorce, as I had never done that before.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:12pm
About two years ago I brought a new tractor. It has been "sun room, garage" since then.
Then this past week, I order a 100 ton x 8' press brake. I wish summer would get here, its' been real cold at my house this week.
It's not safe to be around a mad redhead.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by cabinhollow cabinhollow wrote:

It's not safe to be around a mad redhead.
You just politely tell her to follow you,,,,,,,,,,,,,and go into the bedroom and NICELY undress her and,,,,,,,,well, you know.  NUTHIN worse than an Irishman female who hasn't had sex for over a couple a days.....
You have NO IDEA how lucky you are!!  Keep her busy and life is a breeze....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic