This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to replace some old Craftsman sockets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 7:09pm
$1 a socket if you really,really HAVE to have them.....
FYI I gave about 100#s of them to local high school this spring a s I don't need 3 or4 of every socket......
You can also find them at yard sales, 'swap shop' type stores.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 10:40pm
NEW is 150 pieces for $150.... so $1 each is resonable...

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Aug 2024 at 10:41pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Guys I found a guy with all these but one. He wants me to make an offer. I have no idea what to offer?

Saw 2 whole sets at the local HH re-store, $30 each...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 5:59am
If anyone goes to Florida, there is a guy at the Webster Flea Market (Welcome to Swap-O-Rama's Webster Westside Flea Market - WEBSTER WESTSIDE FLEA MARKET)
that sells used American made tools pretty reasonably.
I make a list of ones that I need (most of them I eventually find) and get them from him. They may not be Craftsmen. He has a variety of USA brands.
I bought some really good punches and chisels from him last winter. I have to start a list for this year.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 7:32am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

If anyone goes to Florida, there is a guy at the Webster Flea Market (Welcome to Swap-O-Rama's Webster Westside Flea Market - WEBSTER WESTSIDE FLEA MARKET)
that sells used American made tools pretty reasonably.
I make a list of ones that I need (most of them I eventually find) and get them from him. They may not be Craftsmen. He has a variety of USA brands.
I
bought some really good punches and chisels from him last winter. I have to start a list for this year.

Sounds like my kind of place.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 7:34am
The guy must have had the same idea as you guys.
I made an offer at $2.00 a piece. He countered at $1.00 a piece.
I will still be missing one.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2024 at 11:56am
That's very cheap. When Sears was carrying Craftsmen, single sockets were nowhere  that cheap.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2024 at 9:31am

OK,,Thad,,,that's great,,I know how you are about your tools,,so I can throw away my list of what you are,,er were looking for,,,,Which one are you still looking for,,?? I was at a yard sale up in Roswell and the lady had a bunch of sockets but most were the NO Name ones,,and I bought 5 more 10 MM as them things seem to get lost all the time,,,,
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2024 at 10:33am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

OK,,Thad,,,that's great,,I know how you are about your tools,,so I can throw away my list of what you are,,er were looking for,,,,Which one are you still looking for,,?? I was at a yard sale up in Roswell and the lady had a bunch of sockets but most were the NO Name ones,,and I bought 5 more 10 MM as them things seem to get lost all the time,,,,

Don’t throw it away just yet. I’ll report back when they arrive as to what’s missing
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 5:36am
My new list
1/2” drive short 1/2” 12 point
3/8” drive 6mm short 6point
1/4” drive 5.5mm short 6 point
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 10 minutes ago at 8:21pm
Had to go up in to Missouri this afternoon for some material.
I stopped at a little pawn shop junk store that I like to go to.
I noticed a few socket bins. I’ve kept my list on the phone. I dig around and found the three missed ng sockets and with the proper designation.
The set is now complete but the 3/8” drive 13/16 short socket is a 12 point and supposed to be a 6 point.
Once I find that one it will be complete and correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic