This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some opinions
    Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 8:33pm
The ole wc has been pretty competitive and I've been happy with it till today. I placed 2nd in the 3500 (behind my brother on my other tractor) which was okay and got 4th behind a really tuff wd45 and a couple farmalls in the 4000. But in the 4500 it powered out fast. So I guess I'm asking is there any thing I can do to get alittle more lug without goin more cubes. Thanks in advance, Zeb.
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 5:48am
What speed limit are you pulling?

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 6:29am
Increase compression by advancing cam to highest compression reading on compression tester. 2 change pistons to increase compression.
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 7:47am
Mostly 3mph some times 4. My compression tester said 270. was wondering maybe if a cam would help any.
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:16pm
 I got to see you pull Sunday and the first thing is you're probably not going to pull on a tougher track than Shumway.  Both those WC's ran good.  I can tell you that wd45 you pulled against has had its butt kick alot when it first started pulling.   Any improvement you do (engine) will help. If yor're on a budget, like most of us, you do upgrades alittle at a time. Cam, pistons, crank, get the head to breath , all will help. Just don't get discourage. You're on the right track and I always like seeing more orange tractors pulling.

PS. Those WD45 guys got lucky.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic